Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:35 pm
HNS

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by SkyTeam Flyer
Already have one ticketed, 8599 NOK/927 EUR
AES-AMS-CDG-SVO-FRU
FRU-SVO-CDG-ATH
ATH-CDG-TLV
TLV-CDG-AMS-AES

Booked directly via Amadeus GDS. :-)
Sorry for being a noob -I might have misunderstood the whole point- but are you flying to all those airports (12 segments) for 927 EUR?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by HNS
Sorry for being a noob -I might have misunderstood the whole point- but are you flying to all those airports (12 segments) for 927 EUR?
Yes, those are the transit points OP will fly. AF doesn't fly to most airports mentioned on the route so OP has to make that many connections or fly codeshare
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:12 pm

Am I the only one curious how many EQM/RDM you can get on this fare? I looked at the AF mileage table and it seems Z fare on European flights earns 2.5x EQM's, and you get the minimum 750 miles if the segment flown is less than that. Am I reading this right? So I picked the longest route I can put together: SVG-AMS-CDG-SVO-IKT-SVO-CDG-IST r/t, which earns over 55k EQM's and ~78k RDM if you are Platinum, that's a lot of miles!
Attached Images  
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Am I the only one curious how many EQM/RDM you can get on this fare? I looked at the AF mileage table and it seems Z fare on European flights earns 2.5x EQM's, and you get the minimum 750 miles if the segment flown is less than that. Am I reading this right? So I picked the longest route I can put together: SVG-AMS-CDG-SVO-IKT-SVO-CDG-IST r/t, which earns over 55k EQM's and ~78k RDM if you are Platinum, that's a lot of miles!
And don't forget that it comes with an honorary ''metal @ss" title
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
does AF code svo ikt consider intra-europe?

how many status miles are required for ST E+?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This looks to earn good miles on DL, too. Has anyone been able to recreate this for early January on Google Flights?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:42 pm

It happens that my relatives live in Irkutsk and Israel, and I'm based in Amsterdam and I LOVE Norway (which means this trip it just freaking perfect for me). So I booked:

BGO - AMS (stopover) - CDG - SVO - IKT (stopover) - SVO - CDG - IST - CDG - TLV (stopover) - CDG - AMS (stopover) - BGO.
Got ticketed.
CDG-SVO-IKT-SVO-CDG all on SU metal (much better C product than AF).
Booked up to IST in Z, then in D (125% then 150% accrual in Flying Blue).
Ticket total: NOK 7868.00

Thanks OP!

Last edited by dimitriyremerov; Aug 31, 2017 at 4:36 am Reason: more info
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
It happens that my relatives live in Irkutsk and Israel, and I'm based in Amsterdam and I LOVE Norway (which means this trip it just freaking perfect for me). So I booked:
BGO - AMS (stopover) - CDG - SVO - IKT (stopover) - SVO - CDG - IST - CDG - TLV (stopover) - CDG - AMS (stopover) - BGO.
Got ticketed.
CDG-SVO-IKT-SVO-CDG all on SU metal (better than AF).
Ticket total: NOK 7868.00

Thanks OP!
Awesome.
I have always wanted to go to Irkutsk and see Lake Baikal. It also looks like there are short flights to ULN so you can hit Mongolia as well relatively easily to make this even crazier.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
I am not sure the SVO/IKT leg gives 2.5x miles as it is only for european flights. I do not TLV and SVO are in the europa area for AF, but I doubt IKT is. And that would only give a 1.25x multiplier for that legs...But may still be better then flying TLV (may get visa issues due to 2x entry from the same country which tourist visa do not allow).

Last edited by FaBSy; Aug 31, 2017 at 12:06 am
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, AF Platinum,TK and A3 Gold
Hi
could you let me know ,where did you book the ticket?
AF website or via travel agent (which one)
I am having a problem to book it
thanks for your help
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by john1987
Hi
could you let me know ,where did you book the ticket?
AF website or via travel agent (which one)
I am having a problem to book it
thanks for your help
I booked on Delta website using Power Tools.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Is SVO considered Europe for 250%?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
Is SVO considered Europe for 250%?
Yes, West Russia is Europe 3 in FB
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: DL DM
Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to book with Ita and powertools, but I keep getting Aeroflot flights..
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:11 am
zse

Originally Posted by greycap7
Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to book with Ita and powertools, but I keep getting Aeroflot flights..
Try adding AF+ into routing codes on ITA to enforce Air Frnace. If nothing found it means that you need to try different dates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.