FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] AC: All rt in J €1300-1600 P (fuel surcharge missing) class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1863435-prem-fare-gone-ac-all-rt-j-1300-1600-p-fuel-surcharge-missing-class.html)

Kacee Aug 27, 2017 9:31 am

Thanks goldmarch, nice fare!

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 28741668)
Yeah, maybe if the OP read the first post before posting ... AC: Europe to North America rt in J 1300-1600EUR P class

Wow, if you're going to snark a newcomer (which is not cool at all) at least be right about it. Europe to US is a completely different fare.

FlyingFrZ Aug 27, 2017 9:44 am

Is this dead? Every pairing I try on AC.com/Google Flights prices out much higher even if it originally shows the low prices being discussed :/

thebakaronis Aug 27, 2017 9:46 am

SFO-BOM was available for $2492. It's now gone. Thankfully, I booked one trip at that price before it was gone.

thebakaronis Aug 27, 2017 9:47 am

The fare appears to be gone.

vincewy Aug 27, 2017 9:51 am

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 28741668)
Yeah, maybe if the OP read the first post before posting ... AC: Europe to North America rt in J 1300-1600EUR P class

This is not the same promotion/deal, US-EU is usually priced much higher than EU-US, at the moment you can get down to 1050EUR with TK's CPH/OSL-ORD/BOS, don't want to discourage people from posting deals, even if it's a mistake.

flybit Aug 27, 2017 9:56 am

Originally Posted by beyounged (Post 28741323)
economy goes sub 150EUR on most routes PAR/FRA/ARN/PRG/MUC/DUS/TXL-YUL/YVR/YYZ/MEX/CUN/LAX/SFO/NYC/BOS/BOG/POS/PTY/HAV/LIM, also various routes c1-c3, c3-c1, c3-c4, c1-c5, in Biz on some routes it goes quite cheap as well. OJ possibility seems endless, you can make some busted stuffs with OJ's. P earns 200% on UA

https://goo.gl/flights/iuCE

UPDATE: seems like anywhere it flies there is possibility to have very good J deal, keep your eyes peeled. Asia, Africa, South America origin/Destination seem to also be possible.

this might be dead i have tried dates of posters and i am not getting these prices.

honzeek_cz Aug 27, 2017 10:04 am

Strange, despite ticket on both parts heading saying Business(lowest), my MAD-YYZ-CUN are booked in Y and I can only select seats in Y, while return I can normaly select in J.
Booked on ac.com, have until tomorow to cancel. What now. I am pretty sure I have selected J both ways.

YYCCL3 Aug 27, 2017 10:21 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz (Post 28741916)
Strange, despite ticket on both parts heading saying Business(lowest), my MAD-YYZ-CUN are booked in Y and I can only select seats in Y, while return I can normaly select in J.
Booked on ac.com, have until tomorow to cancel. What now. I am pretty sure I have selected J both ways.

This is totally to be expected when booking on ac.com. Their website is terrible especially when booking codeshare flights. You might think you're booking in business class but you aren't.

TEDisgone Aug 27, 2017 11:29 am

I ignored that other post (and I'm sure others did too) because the long running joke is asking "does it work the other way?", so thank you for posting this, goldmarch!

I was trying to coordinate with friends on the SEA-AMS fare but couldn't make the dates work for all of us and now it's gone. Oh well.

more4less Aug 27, 2017 11:31 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz (Post 28741916)

I also booked to Cancun and all the segments were in J except the last one that was operated by LX and was in Y(within Europe).

Had to book in ac.com because Expedia(300€ cheaper) was not ticketing.

ac.com allows free cancellation within 24hrs? It can be done online or I need to phone?

Thanks,

crfgon Aug 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Personally, I hate when the bloggers get ahold of this kind of info and make it into a huge headline. Let it run out is course rather than killing it faster. Congrats to those that got the tickets!

godsavethepoints Aug 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by crfgon (Post 28742528)
Personally, I hate when the bloggers get ahold of this kind of info and make it into a huge headline. Let it run out is course rather than killing it faster. Congrats to those that got the tickets!

as a blogger, I care about it being symbiotic. If all you do is lift fares, you're a twat. If you post fares, and participate and it's give and take- fair play.

IAN-UK Aug 27, 2017 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by crfgon (Post 28742528)

Why the hate?

Being on the blogs means more people can take advantage of the fare. Do you begrudge them that opportunity?

If you saw it here earlier but didn't want to use it, why should it bother you that other people have used it?

If you didn't see it here earlier, but wished you had .. then commiserations, we're in the same boat :) But thats the way it is. These deals never hang around long...

pewpew Aug 27, 2017 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by godsavethepoints (Post 28742539)
as a blogger, I care about it being symbiotic. If all you do is lift fares, you're a twat. If you post fares, and participate and it's give and take- fair play.

Technically, both of those examples are symbiotic--parasitism and mutualism. Perhaps you meant to say you want it to be mutually beneficial ;)

godsavethepoints Aug 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew (Post 28742886)
Technically, both of those examples are symbiotic--parasitism and mutualism. Perhaps you meant to say you want it to be mutually beneficial ;)

haha indeed.