Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AC: AMS/DUS/... - LAX/SFO/.... €200+ return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AC: AMS/DUS/... - LAX/SFO/.... €200+ return

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Wow, these look great. Hats off to anyone who got one ^
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: FB Gold, CC Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Sciamano
12h ago - booked on OTA, confirmed and ticketed immediately
7h ago - cancelled (got a notification via app)
now -

Does DOT or something similar work for Canada?
7 Hours ago really would be very quick. Anyone else's has been cancelled already? I have booked two through different OTA's. Still going strong: PNR still exists and no sign of cancellation.

Last edited by frequentflyingdutchman; Aug 27, 2017 at 11:45 pm
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by matthieugd
Which itinerary did you book? I don’t have a lot of experience but it seems that here in Canada, contrary to the US, the airlines have less pressure to honour mistake fares.
I booked FCO-YUL
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: QR Gold
Booked via OTA yesterday - my booking was cancelled (LHR>NYC), but it still shows as live on the airlines website ??
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:58 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My booking with AC is still going strong..... we'll see what happens.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:55 am

Dear sir, madam,

You have booked a ticket with destination New York through our website. We regret to inform you that due to a fare loading error of Air Canada your ticket is not valid for travel. We are currently contacting Air Canada to clarify what has happened. We have asked our administration to refund the money you have paid to us. Depending on the handling speed of your bank, the money should be back in your account by tomorrow (Tuesday 29th August).

We understand that this is a huge disappointment for you. We are here to help you in finding an alternative travel schedule. For any assistance, please contact us by phoning 020 - 20 52 150 (local charges).
We are sorry that we cannot inform you differently.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by ottorockit
Dear sir, madam,

You have booked a ticket with destination New York through our website. We regret to inform you that due to a fare loading error of Air Canada your ticket is not valid for travel. We are currently contacting Air Canada to clarify what has happened. We have asked our administration to refund the money you have paid to us. Depending on the handling speed of your bank, the money should be back in your account by tomorrow (Tuesday 29th August).

We understand that this is a huge disappointment for you. We are here to help you in finding an alternative travel schedule. For any assistance, please contact us by phoning 020 - 20 52 150 (local charges).
We are sorry that we cannot inform you differently.
Darn. Judging by the phone number that's the agency I used. Ahh well was worth a go. Is your booking gone from the Air Canada website too?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Mine still showing as OK on both My flights app and on AC's website. I booked through edreams.

Wonder whether AC did some kind of filtering of the offers they have now cancelled e.g. all those below EUR 150? Just a guess.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Mine still good, booked via AC.com - 138 euros.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:19 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Mine booked through AC.com still look to me good, for now. But, The 5 stages of error fares still apply.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by sigma421
Darn. Judging by the phone number that's the agency I used. Ahh well was worth a go. Is your booking gone from the Air Canada website too?
Yes is also cancelled on the AC website, I sent a dispute to the OTA. If we never can undo the contract why can the airline just cancel my ticket. Let's see what happens.

AC website says:

This booking has been cancelled.

For information on how to get a refund or use the value of your unused ticket to book a new flight, please refer to our Refund Services page.

You may also access another booking. Important: If you cancelled a booking, then contacted Air Canada Reservations and used the value of the cancelled ticket to book another flight, your new reservation will not be available online. Please contact Air Canada Reservations Opens in a new window to make any further changes to your booking.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: AY Plus Gold, SK Eurobonus Silver, Flying Blue Gold, Hilton Hhonors Silver
My trip still looks ok on both Edreams site and on checkmytrip.com
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:30 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ottorockit
If we never can undo the contract why can the airline just cancel my ticket.
There is a 24hr cancellation window also for you, guess AC used the same option
But it's always a shame when the decide not to honor these...

Last edited by RTW1; Aug 28, 2017 at 6:37 am
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by RTW1
There is a 24hr cancellation window also for you, guess AC used the same option
But it's always a shame when the decide not to honor these...
I've always been a firm believer of that.. we get 24 hrs to cancel, they should too. Less gray area is nice.

It would also send these underground and anyone who finds one would be best not to post for a full day.

I'm definitely not calling to put my FF number on for a little while and see how this works out.
Justin Case likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Flight from CDG to MEX booked through Schipoltickets (ticket not issued yet) will not be issued. Was 149€ per person
:-(

BRU-EWR is still alive (tickets issued). Is 207€ for 5 pax.
:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.