Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AC: AMS/DUS/... - LAX/SFO/.... €200+ return

[FARE GONE] AC: AMS/DUS/... - LAX/SFO/.... €200+ return

Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thanaset
March 2018: Zurich - Montreal - New York (EWR) - Toronto (overnight layover ~ 20 hours) - Zurich

Booked and ticketed with OTA.

Still confirmed!
Up until now, it is still confirmed!

First leg is LX from ZRH-YUL
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
i have booked 2 tickets from cheaptickets.de and 1 via travel start and 1 via travelgenio.. 230 usd for each .. any info about those OTAs?

There is a rumor that they will cancel only tickets that were priced very low.. So i hope we will get through

all of them are ticketed and confirmed ..

and btw my opinion is that they will cancel the lowest priced + those who couldnt get the seat (a lot of flights were overbooked i guess due to OTAs)

what do you think? so they could keep the ones that were very first to book..
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Originally Posted by fridgy
i have booked 2 tickets from cheaptickets.de and 1 via travel start and 1 via travelgenio.. 230 usd for each .. any info about those OTAs?

There is a rumor that they will cancel only tickets that were priced very low.. So i hope we will get through

and btw my opinion is that they will cancel the lowest priced + those who couldnt get the seat (a lot of flights were overbooked i guess due to OTAs)

I think it is more wishfull thinking from your side. TBH I think they will cancel everything. Or they might keep fares booked on AC directly (none have been cancelled there yet) and cancel OTA's
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:08 pm

mine wasn't so cheap, was booked quite early and immediately ticketed but I was cancelled only after 5h. I think it depends from the OTA.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by toonmelis
I think it is more wishfull thinking from your side. TBH I think they will cancel everything. Or they might keep fares booked on AC directly (none have been cancelled there yet) and cancel OTA's
negative. i have read that someone got cancelled as well even tho he booked via AC website.. (but not sure if it was ticketed or not)

i hope someone will get through
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Qantas; Virgin Australia; Le Club Accor; Marriott
I believe mine are still good, check both on AC and OTA (mytrip.com). Is there any other sites people check?

Not looking forward to getting a refund if it is anything like the last EF from Alitalia.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:58 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

negative. i have read that someone got cancelled as well even tho he booked via AC website.. (but not sure if it was ticketed or not)

i hope someone will get through
You're just imagining things... no reports for direct confirmed AC bookings that have been cancelled.... that doesn't mean it won't happen though.

And your OTA's and overbooking is just false, we have entered the electronic age a while back.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:07 am

Smile Booked a error fare

Goodmorning,

last Sunday I booked a error fare return ticket Brussel to New York. A lot of these tickets are cancelled. My ticket is issued on august 27th and stil not cancelled.

How long must I wait before I can book a hotel ?

Thanks for your help. ^

Ronald
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by Ronald de Zwijger
Goodmorning,

last Sunday I booked a error fare return ticket Brussel to New York. A lot of these tickets are cancelled. My ticket is issued on august 27th and stil not cancelled.

How long must I wait before I can book a hotel ?

Thanks for your help. ^

Ronald
One has nothing to do with the other. You can book a hotel anytime you want.

Note that most hotels have an X hour cancellation policy.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You can book a hotel anytime you like. As far as your ticket goes, that can be cancelled right up to the point of departure. If you are particularly unlucky you might find it cancelled mid-journey!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I think you mean "When do I make prepaid/non-refundable hotel reservation?".

Short answer: Dont! Make flexible/non-prepaid reservations only. Yes, such reservations are often a bit more expensive, but with a mistake fare you really need the flexibility (as you have no idea if you are going to travel or not - as already explained your ticket may get cancelled until departure).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:34 am

Red face Are they gonna cancel my reservation? [AC]

I booked a error fare Sunday (you know, the AirCanada mis price). I received e tickets but when I'm sign in to my account on Flugladen, I see my name and the flight title is Paris >>> Unknow. Are they gonna cancel my flight? I only see Paris >>> Frankfurt, and then Frankfurt >>> Unknow.

On the return flight I see Unknow >>> Montreal, Montreal >>> Paris.

Is there something bad gonna happen to me? LOL

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:53 am

Good news!

thanaset likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by Waz22
I believe mine are still good, check both on AC and OTA (mytrip.com). Is there any other sites people check?

Not looking forward to getting a refund if it is anything like the last EF from Alitalia.
I can't seem to get Saudia to work, but that's where "we" always check.

Our tickets are still showing on AC as good. I'd be nervous if there doing some arbitrary "cheapest tickets" test, as our tickets were $256 on AC.com, but then able to get an OTA to give me $208.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Nothing to add to the above advice about hotels and ancillary bookings. But FYI there is an ongoing thread discussing this particular fare:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-return-6.html

You will likely see folks starting to post there if/when their tickets are canceled, or if the airline makes an overt statement that they will or won't honor the tickets (airlines won't always make an announcement either way but sometimes they will), etc. Of course others' experiences don't always guarantee that the same result will occur for your ticket and anything could happen even up until the time you're in the middle of traveling...but it may give you a heads-up FWIW.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.