Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AC: AMS/DUS/... - LAX/SFO/.... €200+ return

[FARE GONE] AC: AMS/DUS/... - LAX/SFO/.... €200+ return

Reply

Old Aug 27, 17, 7:26 pm
  #61  
Moderator, Trip Reports
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 6km East of EPAYE
Programs: UA Silver, AS & AA GM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,154
Wow, these look great. Hats off to anyone who got one
Madone59 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 17, 11:35 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: C2w
Programs: FB Gold, CC Gold, Accor Platinum
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by Sciamano View Post
12h ago - booked on OTA, confirmed and ticketed immediately
7h ago - cancelled (got a notification via app)
now -

Does DOT or something similar work for Canada?
7 Hours ago really would be very quick. Anyone else's has been cancelled already? I have booked two through different OTA's. Still going strong: PNR still exists and no sign of cancellation.

Last edited by frequentflyingdutchman; Aug 27, 17 at 11:45 pm
frequentflyingdutchman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 12:05 am
  #63  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 355
Originally Posted by matthieugd View Post
Which itinerary did you book? I don’t have a lot of experience but it seems that here in Canada, contrary to the US, the airlines have less pressure to honour mistake fares.
I booked FCO-YUL
Sciamano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 12:50 am
  #64  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MAN, HKG, DOH, MNL
Programs: QR Gold
Posts: 488
Booked via OTA yesterday - my booking was cancelled (LHR>NYC), but it still shows as live on the airlines website ??
cundall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 12:58 am
  #65  
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 8,800
My booking with AC is still going strong..... we'll see what happens.
RTW1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 2:55 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 76
Dear sir, madam,

You have booked a ticket with destination New York through our website. We regret to inform you that due to a fare loading error of Air Canada your ticket is not valid for travel. We are currently contacting Air Canada to clarify what has happened. We have asked our administration to refund the money you have paid to us. Depending on the handling speed of your bank, the money should be back in your account by tomorrow (Tuesday 29th August).

We understand that this is a huge disappointment for you. We are here to help you in finding an alternative travel schedule. For any assistance, please contact us by phoning 020 - 20 52 150 (local charges).
We are sorry that we cannot inform you differently.
ottorockit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 3:16 am
  #67  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Programs: BA Bronze, BD Blue :(, Le Club Accorhotels Silver, AF/NH Pleb
Posts: 1,421
Originally Posted by ottorockit View Post
Dear sir, madam,

You have booked a ticket with destination New York through our website. We regret to inform you that due to a fare loading error of Air Canada your ticket is not valid for travel. We are currently contacting Air Canada to clarify what has happened. We have asked our administration to refund the money you have paid to us. Depending on the handling speed of your bank, the money should be back in your account by tomorrow (Tuesday 29th August).

We understand that this is a huge disappointment for you. We are here to help you in finding an alternative travel schedule. For any assistance, please contact us by phoning 020 - 20 52 150 (local charges).
We are sorry that we cannot inform you differently.
Darn. Judging by the phone number that's the agency I used. Ahh well was worth a go. Is your booking gone from the Air Canada website too?
sigma421 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 4:06 am
  #68  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: FRA
Programs: Krisflyer Elite Gold, BAEC Bronze, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 345
Mine still showing as OK on both My flights app and on AC's website. I booked through edreams.

Wonder whether AC did some kind of filtering of the offers they have now cancelled e.g. all those below EUR 150? Just a guess.
JFSV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 4:11 am
  #69  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 28
Mine still good, booked via AC.com - 138 euros.
RobParis1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 5:19 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C via Boston via New York
Posts: 1,165
Mine booked through AC.com still look to me good, for now. But, The 5 stages of error fares still apply.
macdonaldj2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 6:18 am
  #71  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 76
Originally Posted by sigma421 View Post
Darn. Judging by the phone number that's the agency I used. Ahh well was worth a go. Is your booking gone from the Air Canada website too?
Yes is also cancelled on the AC website, I sent a dispute to the OTA. If we never can undo the contract why can the airline just cancel my ticket. Let's see what happens.


AC website says:

This booking has been cancelled.

For information on how to get a refund or use the value of your unused ticket to book a new flight, please refer to our Refund Services page.

You may also access another booking. Important: If you cancelled a booking, then contacted Air Canada Reservations and used the value of the cancelled ticket to book another flight, your new reservation will not be available online. Please contact Air Canada Reservations Opens in a new window to make any further changes to your booking.
ottorockit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 6:23 am
  #72  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hämeenlinna, Finland
Programs: AY Plus Gold, SK Eurobonus Silver, Flying Blue Gold, Hilton Hhonors Silver
Posts: 14
My trip still looks ok on both Edreams site and on checkmytrip.com
superhelsinki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 6:30 am
  #73  
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 8,800
Originally Posted by ottorockit View Post
If we never can undo the contract why can the airline just cancel my ticket.
There is a 24hr cancellation window also for you, guess AC used the same option
But it's always a shame when the decide not to honor these...

Last edited by RTW1; Aug 28, 17 at 6:37 am
RTW1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 7:19 am
  #74  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: KCMO < PHL<DEN<SCL<EZE<CHO<PHL<ABE
Programs: Gold: UA, SPG
Posts: 912
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
There is a 24hr cancellation window also for you, guess AC used the same option
But it's always a shame when the decide not to honor these...
I've always been a firm believer of that.. we get 24 hrs to cancel, they should too. Less gray area is nice.

It would also send these underground and anyone who finds one would be best not to post for a full day.

I'm definitely not calling to put my FF number on for a little while and see how this works out.
Justin Case likes this.
Tblack15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 17, 9:29 am
  #75  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Posts: 125
Flight from CDG to MEX booked through Schipoltickets (ticket not issued yet) will not be issued. Was 149€ per person
:-(

BRU-EWR is still alive (tickets issued). Is 207€ for 5 pax.
:-)
canadavid is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread