Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nomadic.relief
ANA Sydney Fare Meetup

For those who were able to ticket, you can list your flights/dates here...

September
Sep 5 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (willtravelfortea)
Sep 6 YVR-SEA
Sep 7 SEA-HND/NRT-SYD (EmmyDee)
Sep 17 SYD-HND-YVR (willtravelfortea)
Sep 17 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (reton)
Sep 18 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (surfingsd)
Sep 24 SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR (reton)
Sep 26 SYD-NRT/HND-SFO-YVR (EmmyDee)
Sep 26 YVR-SFO (yutuyu)
Sep 27 SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (yutuyu)

October
Oct 1 SYD-HND-YVR (surfingsd)
Oct 3 SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR (yutuyu)
Oct 3 YVR-HND-SYD (andrees71)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (llihlopf)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (kirker, Bugeater+1)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (Fredd/Mrs. Fredd)
Oct 17 SYD-HND (andrees71)
Oct 17 YVR-SFO-NRT (mowogo)
Oct 18 HND-SYD (mowogo)
Oct 22 SYD-HND-YVR (llihlopf)
Oct 23 SYD-HND-YVR (Fredd/Mrs. Fredd, Bugeater+1)
Oct 24 HND-YVR (andrees71)
Oct 24 SYD-HND (mowogo)
Oct 25 HND-YVR (mowogo)
Oct 29 SYD-HND-YVR (kirker)

November
Nov 2 YVR-HND-SYD (thyeri)
Nov 6- YVR-SEA-NRT HND-SYD (dany2k3m)
Nov 7 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (YYCCL3, acomp27)
Nov 8 YVR-HND HND-SYD Nov 11 (schnapperin)
Nov 8 YVR-HND-SYD (dlandz)
Nov 8 YVR-HND-SYD (Tracon, Mrs Tracon & Tracon jr.)
Nov 8 YVR-SEA (overnight)-NRT/HND-SYD (foxflyer)
Nov 8 YVR-SEA (overnight)-NRT|HND-SYD (pushmyredbutton)
Nov 13 SYD-HND-YVR (YYCCL3)
Nov 13 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR (acomp27)
Nov 14 SYD-HND HND- YVR Nov 15 (dany2k3m)
Nov 14 SYD-HND HND- YVR Nov 15 (Tracon, Mrs Tracon & Tracon jr.)
Nov 14 YVR-HND-SYD (VladQ)
Nov 15 SYD-HND NRT-SEA-YVR Nov 16 (schnapperin)
Nov 15 SYD-HND|NRT-SFO (pushmyredbutton)
Nov 19 SYD-HND-YVR (dlandz)
Nov 20 YVR-HND-SYD (stratofortress, Majuki)
Nov 22 YVR-NRT AC 3 (canadiancow)
Nov 25 HND-SYD NH 879 (canadiancow)
Nov 27 SYD-TYO-SFO-YVR (stratofortress)
Nov 27 SYD-HND-YVR (Majuki)
Nov 27 SYD-HND-YVR (VladQ)
Nov 29 SYD-HND NH 880 (canadiancow)
Nov 30 NRT-SFO NH 8 (canadiancow - upgraded to F)
Nov 30 YVR-HND (flmyngo)
Nov 30 YVR-HND-SYD (raccoon)

December
Dec 2 HND-SYD (flmyngo)
Dec 5 YVR-HND (devguybc)
Dec 6 YVR-SEA-NRT HND-SYD Dec 9 (seks)
Dec 6 YVR-SEA (overnight) (nomadic.relief)
Dec 7 SEA-NRT HND-SYD (nomadic.relief)
Dec 7 YVR-HND (jerryhze)
Dec 7 YVR-HND (pushmyredbutton)
Dec 10 HND-SYD (pushmyredbutton)
Dec 10 SYD-HND-YVR (raccoon)
Dec 11 HND-SYD (jerryhze)
Dec 13 SYD-HND NRT-SFO (pushmyredbutton - upgraded to F)
Dec 13 HND-SYD (devguybc)
Dec 18 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR Dec 19 (seks)
Dec 18 SYD-HND (devguybc)
Dec 19 HND-LAX-YVR (devguybc)
Dec 19 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR (nomadic.relief - upgraded to F)
Dec 24 SYD-HND-YVR (jerryhze)
Dec 25 SYD-HND (flmyngo)
Dec 26 HND-YVR (flmyngo)

March
Mar 4 SYD-HND-YVR (thyeri)
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
United just rebooked me on NH 6815 YVR-NRT.

Given that I want to push for AC MM status, I guess I'm crediting this to AC.

I won't hit UA Gold this year. Oh well

Edit: For the adventures that followed, see And you thought the AC/AP buck passing was bad...
is that the air canada flight? Did they do that free of charge without much fuss?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by haroon145
is that the air canada flight? Did they do that free of charge without much fuss?
Yes and yes. It's AC 3.

But I really think the agent though it was operated by NH, which was always what they'd told me. "We can rebook on another NH flight", etc.

I just finally got one who did it with no fuss and didn't understand what a codeshare was. Or didn't realize that a UA ticket could have an NH codeshare for an AC flight
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes and yes. It's AC 3.

But I really think the agent though it was operated by NH, which was always what they'd told me. "We can rebook on another NH flight", etc.

I just finally got one who did it with no fuss and didn't understand what a codeshare was. Or didn't realize that a UA ticket could have an NH codeshare for an AC flight
ah ANA have no flexibility at all. Lucky wish I booked with united
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by haroon145
ah ANA have no flexibility at all. Lucky wish I booked with united
Double edged sword in this case. You lose a lot of RDMs, at least 34k, by booking with United. However, the downside like canadiancow has demonstrated, is that UA generally is far more flexible when .... hits the fan.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Double edged sword in this case. You lose a lot of RDMs, at least 34k, by booking with United. However, the downside like canadiancow has demonstrated, is that UA generally is far more flexible when .... hits the fan.
Yeah. Originally I was going to credit to UA for the PQM, but I can't justify crediting any AC metal to UA (especially with so little RDM).

And that means I won't have enough PQM for Gold.

So... I may stick the whole thing on AC and get more Aeroplan miles
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by schwimmair
THANK YOU! I set VS a few weeks ago and probably wouldn't have caught this.

So now where do I credit...

I'll probably now credit to UA.

I'll look into Aegean and SAS but don't fly *A enough to continue to credit points into one of these programs so I'm afraid the points will be orphaned as a result. At least with UA I can add UR's if needed.

Which program did you decide to credit to?

Thanks again
Another update.. seems as though VS has reverted back to the original rates. Z is 200% earn again.
schwimmair likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:25 pm

Delete - Thought I was responding to a different post.

Last edited by schwimmair; Oct 13, 2017 at 10:16 pm Reason: Different Post
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Hey guys - brief update: I was originally scheduled to leave tomorrow, but I had an unavoidable work conflict come up and had to cancel. :-( I first tried changing my outbound flight, but was told I'd be charged a CA$350 change fee and the difference in fare, so obviously that was a no-go. I also tried using the change in aircraft on my return flight into YVR as an excuse, but that didn't work, either.

On a slightly brighter note -- and as others have already mentioned -- the tickets are at least partially refundable, though with a CA$500 refund fee. Since I'm an AA EXP and otherwise do all my flying on OW carriers, I figured there was little chance I'd fly ANA in the foreseeable future, so I went ahead and requested the refund. I'll be getting a whole US$270 back! :-/
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by kirker
Hey guys - brief update: I was originally scheduled to leave tomorrow, but I had an unavoidable work conflict come up and had to cancel. :-(
Sorry we won't be meeting you on tomorrow's flights. Maybe the next mistake fare...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:19 am

I canceled my ticket and got the full refund. Sometimes you just need to work hard with the agent. The guy I spoke with named Brian, he helped me to request to his manager and finally approved the free refund. The excuse I used is sickness and aircraft change.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:08 pm

Looking forward to some more reviews of the 788 seats... To help me imagine myself in a cradle.

If anyone travelling when I am (Nov 7-14) wanted to meet for a beer in a lounge or in Sydney please shoot me a PM!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Looking forward to some more reviews of the 788 seats... To help me imagine myself in a cradle.
I was in J on NH805 (788) end of Sept. I took an aisle seat in the middle two. The seat is OK. I don't like the fact there isn't much of a wall between you and your neighbor (although I didn't have one and the seat was empty). I did manage to sleep for a bit with the seat reclined as much as possible. Very little space for storage or placing your stuff on though.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Looking forward to some more reviews of the 788 seats... To help me imagine myself in a cradle...
Originally Posted by seks
I was in J on NH805 (788) end of Sept. I took an aisle seat in the middle two. The seat is OK. I don't like the fact there isn't much of a wall between you and your neighbor (although I didn't have one and the seat was empty). I did manage to sleep for a bit with the seat reclined as much as possible. Very little space for storage or placing your stuff on though.
Mrs. Fredd and I landed at YVR yesterday on NH (ANA) 116 with Bugeater+1.

We agree with the above assessment. They are definitely on our shortlist of "worst international business class seats."

We chose bulkhead seats in the second cabin so our feet had more room. The saving grace for us was renting a room at the HND Royal Park Hotel, the best (verging on luxurious) transit hotel in which we've ever stayed. ^

We rented a double room for 12 hours. I slept for close to 10 and Mrs. Fredd wasn't far behind. We then treated the HND-YVR flight as a daytime flight, which worked well for us.

OTOH Bugeater+1 took a quick day trip into Tokyo, and were flying onward from YVR, where we said our farewells. We admire their endurance. ^
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Fredd

The saving grace for us was renting a room at the HND Royal Park Hotel, the best (verging on luxurious) transit hotel in which we've ever stayed. ^

We rented a double room for 12 hours. I slept for close to 10 and Mrs. Fredd wasn't far behind. We then treated the HND-YVR flight as a daytime flight, which worked well for us.
Did you make a reservation in advance or do a walk up rate for a day room? Are the rates reasonable?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
Did you make a reservation in advance or do a walk up rate for a day room? Are the rates reasonable?
We reserved in advance by phone. IIRC I was unable to accomplish that through the website. I read in another thread that there are relatively few rooms (maybe 24?) inside security so glad I reserved.

We stopped at the ANA lounge for a bite to eat after our 5:00 a.m. arrival and didn't check in until close to 7:00 a.m. The clerk started our 12 hours at 7:00 a.m. and we took full advantage of that, checking out about 6:45 p.m.

The price for two of us in a small room almost filled by a king-size bed was 15,000 yen, or about US $132, well worth it to us. There are rates for shorter stays and longer stays, but 12 hours proved to be the sweet spot. YMMV.

Cheers,
Fredd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.