Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nomadic.relief
ANA Sydney Fare Meetup

For those who were able to ticket, you can list your flights/dates here...

September
Sep 5 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (willtravelfortea)
Sep 6 YVR-SEA
Sep 7 SEA-HND/NRT-SYD (EmmyDee)
Sep 17 SYD-HND-YVR (willtravelfortea)
Sep 17 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (reton)
Sep 18 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (surfingsd)
Sep 24 SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR (reton)
Sep 26 SYD-NRT/HND-SFO-YVR (EmmyDee)
Sep 26 YVR-SFO (yutuyu)
Sep 27 SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (yutuyu)

October
Oct 1 SYD-HND-YVR (surfingsd)
Oct 3 SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR (yutuyu)
Oct 3 YVR-HND-SYD (andrees71)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (llihlopf)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (kirker, Bugeater+1)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (Fredd/Mrs. Fredd)
Oct 17 SYD-HND (andrees71)
Oct 17 YVR-SFO-NRT (mowogo)
Oct 18 HND-SYD (mowogo)
Oct 22 SYD-HND-YVR (llihlopf)
Oct 23 SYD-HND-YVR (Fredd/Mrs. Fredd, Bugeater+1)
Oct 24 HND-YVR (andrees71)
Oct 24 SYD-HND (mowogo)
Oct 25 HND-YVR (mowogo)
Oct 29 SYD-HND-YVR (kirker)

November
Nov 2 YVR-HND-SYD (thyeri)
Nov 6- YVR-SEA-NRT HND-SYD (dany2k3m)
Nov 7 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (YYCCL3, acomp27)
Nov 8 YVR-HND HND-SYD Nov 11 (schnapperin)
Nov 8 YVR-HND-SYD (dlandz)
Nov 8 YVR-HND-SYD (Tracon, Mrs Tracon & Tracon jr.)
Nov 8 YVR-SEA (overnight)-NRT/HND-SYD (foxflyer)
Nov 8 YVR-SEA (overnight)-NRT|HND-SYD (pushmyredbutton)
Nov 13 SYD-HND-YVR (YYCCL3)
Nov 13 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR (acomp27)
Nov 14 SYD-HND HND- YVR Nov 15 (dany2k3m)
Nov 14 SYD-HND HND- YVR Nov 15 (Tracon, Mrs Tracon & Tracon jr.)
Nov 14 YVR-HND-SYD (VladQ)
Nov 15 SYD-HND NRT-SEA-YVR Nov 16 (schnapperin)
Nov 15 SYD-HND|NRT-SFO (pushmyredbutton)
Nov 19 SYD-HND-YVR (dlandz)
Nov 20 YVR-HND-SYD (stratofortress, Majuki)
Nov 22 YVR-NRT AC 3 (canadiancow)
Nov 25 HND-SYD NH 879 (canadiancow)
Nov 27 SYD-TYO-SFO-YVR (stratofortress)
Nov 27 SYD-HND-YVR (Majuki)
Nov 27 SYD-HND-YVR (VladQ)
Nov 29 SYD-HND NH 880 (canadiancow)
Nov 30 NRT-SFO NH 8 (canadiancow - upgraded to F)
Nov 30 YVR-HND (flmyngo)
Nov 30 YVR-HND-SYD (raccoon)

December
Dec 2 HND-SYD (flmyngo)
Dec 5 YVR-HND (devguybc)
Dec 6 YVR-SEA-NRT HND-SYD Dec 9 (seks)
Dec 6 YVR-SEA (overnight) (nomadic.relief)
Dec 7 SEA-NRT HND-SYD (nomadic.relief)
Dec 7 YVR-HND (jerryhze)
Dec 7 YVR-HND (pushmyredbutton)
Dec 10 HND-SYD (pushmyredbutton)
Dec 10 SYD-HND-YVR (raccoon)
Dec 11 HND-SYD (jerryhze)
Dec 13 SYD-HND NRT-SFO (pushmyredbutton - upgraded to F)
Dec 13 HND-SYD (devguybc)
Dec 18 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR Dec 19 (seks)
Dec 18 SYD-HND (devguybc)
Dec 19 HND-LAX-YVR (devguybc)
Dec 19 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR (nomadic.relief - upgraded to F)
Dec 24 SYD-HND-YVR (jerryhze)
Dec 25 SYD-HND (flmyngo)
Dec 26 HND-YVR (flmyngo)

March
Mar 4 SYD-HND-YVR (thyeri)
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Asia Miles, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by haroon145
Anyone have luck changing flights for free affected by hnd to yvr?
I called today to add my Aeroplan # to my booking. The rep was very friendly and acknowledge the aircraft change and said he could re-route me via another city. I asked him about putting me on an AC flight from YVR and he said he couldn't do that because AC doesn't allow it. I didn't ask him how much it would cost to re-route.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by LaFerrari
I called today to add my Aeroplan # to my booking. The rep was very friendly and acknowledge the aircraft change and said he could re-route me via another city. I asked him about putting me on an AC flight from YVR and he said he couldn't do that because AC doesn't allow it. I didn't ask him how much it would cost to re-route.
thanks, did he mention whether it would be an involuntary change?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by schwimmair
THANK YOU! I set VS a few weeks ago and probably wouldn't have caught this.

So now where do I credit...

I'll probably now credit to UA.

I'll look into Aegean and SAS but don't fly *A enough to continue to credit points into one of these programs so I'm afraid the points will be orphaned as a result. At least with UA I can add UR's if needed.

Which program did you decide to credit to?

Thanks again
No worries, happened by chance to notice an update on WhereToCredit for VS and remembered it was mentioned in the thread. Not 100% sure yet, but may end up just crediting to Aeroplan.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:26 pm

I'm sure there are people that are not listed in the wiki but looks like willtravelfortea is 1st on wiki to depart for SYD tomorrow Sept 5. Let us know how you plan to do HND-NRT land transfer and how it goes! Seems like there are a few options
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by seks
I'm sure there are people that are not listed in the wiki but looks like willtravelfortea is 1st on wiki to depart for SYD tomorrow Sept 5. Let us know how you plan to do HND-NRT land transfer and how it goes! Seems like there are a few options
I'm not on the wiki, but I just landed back at YVR this afternoon.

Aug 28/29: YVR-SFO-NRT / HND-SYD
Aug 30: SYD-HND
Sept 4: HND-YVR

I landed in NRT at around 3:30pm. Customs had no line, so I was out by 3:45pm. Took the 3:55pm limousine bus (3100 yen) to HND, arriving around 5:30pm.

The limousine bus tickets at NRT are sold at a counter that is immediately visible once you get to the Arrivals waiting area. It's really hard to miss (big words saying "LIMOUSINE BUS" or similar). I'm not certain exactly where the ticket counter is at HND though.

Limousine bus is definitely the easiest way of getting between HND and NRT. You could also take the train into the city and then transfer, but it's no quicker (and I don't think it's cheaper either).
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by rainspinner
The limousine bus tickets at NRT are sold at a counter that is immediately visible once you get to the Arrivals waiting area. It's really hard to miss (big words saying "LIMOUSINE BUS" or similar). I'm not certain exactly where the ticket counter is at HND though.
ETA: I've never purchased tickets from the counter at HND and didn't even realize there was one. Machines are straight ahead and to the right as you exit Customs & Immigration before the entrance and ticket machines for the Keikyu Line. Also orange and hard to miss. Touchscreen has English option, just select the destination and departure time, then continue past the Keikyu Line entrance and take the elevator or escalator down to the bus level and find your departure stop.
Attached Images  

Last edited by rustykettel; Sep 4, 2017 at 9:04 pm
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:53 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel
ETA: I've never purchased tickets from the counter at HND and didn't even realize there was one. Machines are straight ahead and to the right as you exit Customs & Immigration before the entrance and ticket machines for the Keikyu Line. Also orange and hard to miss. Touchscreen has English option, just select the destination and departure time, then continue past the Keikyu Line entrance and take the elevator or escalator down to the bus level and find your departure stop.
look for the widest LCD screens around the arrival hall. it's opposite to the keikyu ticket office and next to monorails. its rather hard to miss that.

or in other words its straight ahead from where you come out airside, before u reach the train stations.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by seks
or if you dont mind spending time on a train, get in keikyu and take a train to the other airport. once an hour there's a through train.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rustykettel
JAL from YVR is angle flat, along with their SAN and LAX-KIX routes. My guess is that ANA needs the aircraft for higher revenue routes & are rejiggering to accommodate new routes or increased frequency elsewhere such as LAX. A bit of a -- move to do so after tickets have gone on sale and not allowing reroutes on same or similar purchased craft.
huh? why? im flying SFO-NRT-SFO=)
LAX-NRT-LAX is an option too
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dlandz
It doesn't look like they have updated the schedule yet....but it looks like we are all doomed to crappy seats
calm down. you get what you booked! specific seats are not part of CoC on NH!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sexten
YVR-LAX-TYO-SYD-TYO-LAX-YVR is the only routing that will give you EB Gold in one run, with a total of 45'600 EB-points
=)
or you can do some small runs in japan.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:59 am

I'm not on the wiki, but I just landed back at YVR this afternoon.

Aug 28/29: YVR-SFO-NRT / HND-SYD
Aug 30: SYD-HND
Sept 4: HND-YVR

I landed in NRT at around 3:30pm. Customs had no line, so I was out by 3:45pm. Took the 3:55pm limousine bus (3100 yen) to HND, arriving around 5:30pm.

Limousine bus is definitely the easiest way of getting between HND and NRT. You could also take the train into the city and then transfer, but it's no quicker (and I don't think it's cheaper either).
how was the hnd to yvr flight?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by haroon145
how was the hnd to yvr flight?
I didn't find the cradle seat too bad for sleeping, but the lack of storage space and the smaller IFE screen was the most disappointing. Definitely a little disappointing after flying all the other segments with lie flat seats Really wish I routed through SFO on my way back.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:12 am

I didn't find the cradle seat too bad for sleeping, but the lack of storage space and the smaller IFE screen was the most disappointing. Definitely a little disappointing after flying all the other segments with lie flat seats Really wish I routed through SFO on my way back.
whats the recline on these? Wish the same I was too excited when booking after the website initially wasn't allowing me to book?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:29 am

First time flying NH on NH stock, are you able to check-in/print boarding passes T-24? I have YVR-SFO-NRT routing and curious to see if I can position to SFO instead. If i can print the boarding passes ahead of time, I'm sure I can avoid the YVR-SFO leg.
Also, has anyone requested J to F upgrade using ANA miles? I'm waitlisted and not sure what the chances of it clearing are. I don't want to move 40k miles speculatively and have miles stuck in program I don't use much. Just wondering if it clears and miles are not available, will it flag(allowing me to add miles) or just move on to next in line? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.