FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1859019-fare-gone-ana-yvr-syd-559-rt.html)

jazzmailman Aug 5, 2017 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 28652109)
No idea how any of y'all got this to work… I'm super super mad… I've been sitting here for >2h trying to make this price ANYWHERE and the best i got was ana.co.jp where I almost checked out but the purchase failed

It was working pretty much on all the sites 2 hours ago - i have a booking on Orbitz confirmed. I was even seeing it in amextravel website. Then it died down slowly and only United and ANA website could price it. Then only ANA site, but that lasted for a good 1.5 hr. I was able to snatch 5 pairs of tickets at that time.

But sorry about your loss, i'm sure another deal will come along. So far this week there has been the QR SGN deal and now this, so i'm sure another will come along.

frank_10b Aug 5, 2017 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by LaFerrari (Post 28652090)
Just booked Nov 6th-14th for two, got e-mail confirmation.

i think its dead now hw

calbear2005 Aug 5, 2017 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 28652109)
No idea how any of y'all got this to work… I'm super super mad… I've been sitting here for >2h trying to make this price ANYWHERE and the best i got was ana.co.jp where I almost checked out but the purchase failed

Ugh, same. Tried like 5 different iterations. Got the discounted price, but then nothing.

canadiancow Aug 5, 2017 2:32 pm

The fare is gone on EF.

I was struggling to find the necessary Z space before, which is why I assumed it was dead, but I managed to get one booked. Then I tried to book my roommate (my flights all still had Z space), but the fare was pulled :(

Bugeater Aug 5, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm afraid I'm not going to cross the finish line on this one.

Been stuck on Purchased/Not Ticketed for the past 1h45m.

Hope is fading fast:(

helvetic Aug 5, 2017 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by jazzmailman (Post 28652116)
It was working pretty much on all the sites 2 hours ago - i have a booking on Orbitz confirmed. I was even seeing it in amextravel website. Then it died down slowly and United could price it. Then only ANA site, but that lasted for a good 1.5 hr.

But sorry about your loss, i'm sure another deal will come along. So far this week there has been the QR SGN deal and now this, so i'm sure another will come along.

I got a few of the DPS LAX QR fares (similar to the SGN) but QR makes mistakes all the time… and they're kinda garbage so I don't really care to fly them.

I've been waiting for a good deal like this on star alliance ALL YEAR and this was it and it's all for nothing. A fare like this on star alliance / UA JV shows up maybe once every few years. This is a massive massive miss on my part. And its not like I missed it because I slept through it… I was here frantically using ITA/ana.co.jp/OTAs/UA.com with everyone else… just no idea how it never priced for me. This totally sucks.

HomerJ Aug 5, 2017 2:34 pm

Does anyone get notifications someplace other than the Flight Deal...

...of course i found this at 4:30 because that's when I got my flight deal notification via email.
Any other sources to get these earlier?

pushmyredbutton Aug 5, 2017 2:35 pm

And to sweeten this deal, if anyone's booked on the ANA flights from NRT-SFO/LAX, these Z fares can be upgraded to First using 25k miles!!!! :eek:

I was able to put my request through on UA.com and it confirmed instantly
https://preview.ibb.co/eTwQuv/upgrade.png

calbear2005 Aug 5, 2017 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by HomerJ (Post 28652137)
...of course i found this at 4:30 because that's when I got my flight deal notification via email.

Check the website instead of waiting for your email notification. I get mine around 12 PM PST, but I always check way earlier than that.

nomadic.relief Aug 5, 2017 2:36 pm

It seems I was one of the lucky ones ... ticketed instantly on ANA (a couple hours back) YVR-SEA(overnight)-NRT//HND-SYD Dec 5 SYD-SFO-YVR Dec 19 for $844 CAD

Not the most perfect, would have preferred the overnight in Tokyo, but I had tried a couple times on other dates and it failed on final purchase screen, so long as it's honoured I really don't care!!

zoqfotpik Aug 5, 2017 2:37 pm

You can follow @premiumfares on twitter or setup RSS feed, which I don't how to use.

jerryhze Aug 5, 2017 2:38 pm

booked 1 through priceline, but turns out the outbound is econ, so cancelled
then priced via multi city on ANA and booked 2, couple days stopover in Tokyo and then onto Sydney. Return no stopover though.
I found the ANA website to be consistently accurate and easy to book

Governator Aug 5, 2017 2:39 pm

Follow @milevalueAlerts on Twitter - here's his blurb (which posted around noon EDT for me)

"I tweeted this deal first from @milevalueAlerts. Follow @milevalueAlerts on Twitter and follow these directions to get a text message every time I tweet from that account. I tweet from @milevalueAlerts only a few times a month (normally) because it is designed to be used only for the best and most limited-time deals–like mistake fares–so that you aren’t bombarded by text messages."

canadiancow Aug 5, 2017 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Governator (Post 28652150)
Follow @milevalueAlerts on Twitter - here's his blurb (which posted around noon EDT for me)

"I tweeted this deal first from @milevalueAlerts. Follow @milevalueAlerts on Twitter and follow these directions to get a text message every time I tweet from that account. I tweet from @milevalueAlerts only a few times a month (normally) because it is designed to be used only for the best and most limited-time deals–like mistake fares–so that you aren’t bombarded by text messages."

(S)he tweeted about this hours after it was on FT. No thanks.

maxvor Aug 5, 2017 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 28652132)
I got a few of the DPS LAX QR fares (similar to the SGN) but QR makes mistakes all the time… and they're kinda garbage so I don't really care to fly them.

I've been waiting for a good deal like this on star alliance ALL YEAR and this was it and it's all for nothing. A fare like this on star alliance / UA JV shows up maybe once every few years. This is a massive massive miss on my part. And its not like I missed it because I slept through it… I was here frantically using ITA/ana.co.jp/OTAs/UA.com with everyone else… just no idea how it never priced for me. This totally sucks.

Don't be upset, the fact that fares like this didn't pop up very often on *A just means that chances are there will be quite a few of them sooner or later (you know, statistical distribution). I don't think QR's super low ones are always a mistake, just very cool marketing. And for sure they are far a way from being garbage - definitely better in premium cabins than UA and (subjectively) the best of all airlines, so maybe just try to consider them once there is a very good offer.