Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nomadic.relief
ANA Sydney Fare Meetup

For those who were able to ticket, you can list your flights/dates here...

September
Sep 5 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (willtravelfortea)
Sep 6 YVR-SEA
Sep 7 SEA-HND/NRT-SYD (EmmyDee)
Sep 17 SYD-HND-YVR (willtravelfortea)
Sep 17 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (reton)
Sep 18 YVR-SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (surfingsd)
Sep 24 SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR (reton)
Sep 26 SYD-NRT/HND-SFO-YVR (EmmyDee)
Sep 26 YVR-SFO (yutuyu)
Sep 27 SFO-NRT/HND-SYD (yutuyu)

October
Oct 1 SYD-HND-YVR (surfingsd)
Oct 3 SYD-HND/NRT-SFO-YVR (yutuyu)
Oct 3 YVR-HND-SYD (andrees71)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (llihlopf)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (kirker, Bugeater+1)
Oct 16 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (Fredd/Mrs. Fredd)
Oct 17 SYD-HND (andrees71)
Oct 17 YVR-SFO-NRT (mowogo)
Oct 18 HND-SYD (mowogo)
Oct 22 SYD-HND-YVR (llihlopf)
Oct 23 SYD-HND-YVR (Fredd/Mrs. Fredd, Bugeater+1)
Oct 24 HND-YVR (andrees71)
Oct 24 SYD-HND (mowogo)
Oct 25 HND-YVR (mowogo)
Oct 29 SYD-HND-YVR (kirker)

November
Nov 2 YVR-HND-SYD (thyeri)
Nov 6- YVR-SEA-NRT HND-SYD (dany2k3m)
Nov 7 YVR-SFO-NRT HND-SYD (YYCCL3, acomp27)
Nov 8 YVR-HND HND-SYD Nov 11 (schnapperin)
Nov 8 YVR-HND-SYD (dlandz)
Nov 8 YVR-HND-SYD (Tracon, Mrs Tracon & Tracon jr.)
Nov 8 YVR-SEA (overnight)-NRT/HND-SYD (foxflyer)
Nov 8 YVR-SEA (overnight)-NRT|HND-SYD (pushmyredbutton)
Nov 13 SYD-HND-YVR (YYCCL3)
Nov 13 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR (acomp27)
Nov 14 SYD-HND HND- YVR Nov 15 (dany2k3m)
Nov 14 SYD-HND HND- YVR Nov 15 (Tracon, Mrs Tracon & Tracon jr.)
Nov 14 YVR-HND-SYD (VladQ)
Nov 15 SYD-HND NRT-SEA-YVR Nov 16 (schnapperin)
Nov 15 SYD-HND|NRT-SFO (pushmyredbutton)
Nov 19 SYD-HND-YVR (dlandz)
Nov 20 YVR-HND-SYD (stratofortress, Majuki)
Nov 22 YVR-NRT AC 3 (canadiancow)
Nov 25 HND-SYD NH 879 (canadiancow)
Nov 27 SYD-TYO-SFO-YVR (stratofortress)
Nov 27 SYD-HND-YVR (Majuki)
Nov 27 SYD-HND-YVR (VladQ)
Nov 29 SYD-HND NH 880 (canadiancow)
Nov 30 NRT-SFO NH 8 (canadiancow - upgraded to F)
Nov 30 YVR-HND (flmyngo)
Nov 30 YVR-HND-SYD (raccoon)

December
Dec 2 HND-SYD (flmyngo)
Dec 5 YVR-HND (devguybc)
Dec 6 YVR-SEA-NRT HND-SYD Dec 9 (seks)
Dec 6 YVR-SEA (overnight) (nomadic.relief)
Dec 7 SEA-NRT HND-SYD (nomadic.relief)
Dec 7 YVR-HND (jerryhze)
Dec 7 YVR-HND (pushmyredbutton)
Dec 10 HND-SYD (pushmyredbutton)
Dec 10 SYD-HND-YVR (raccoon)
Dec 11 HND-SYD (jerryhze)
Dec 13 SYD-HND NRT-SFO (pushmyredbutton - upgraded to F)
Dec 13 HND-SYD (devguybc)
Dec 18 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR Dec 19 (seks)
Dec 18 SYD-HND (devguybc)
Dec 19 HND-LAX-YVR (devguybc)
Dec 19 SYD-HND NRT-SFO-YVR (nomadic.relief - upgraded to F)
Dec 24 SYD-HND-YVR (jerryhze)
Dec 25 SYD-HND (flmyngo)
Dec 26 HND-YVR (flmyngo)

March
Mar 4 SYD-HND-YVR (thyeri)
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Ana yvr - syd $559 rt

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you're talking about HND security, isn't it standard Gold Track?

My companion got in (not obvious we were together) and he has no status, just a J ticket.

I seem to recall the sign saying Gold, First, Business.
It actually isn't standard gold track - It's an "elite/premium track" only for Top-tier members and first-class only, is what I was told. I was denied as *A gold on a Y ticket.

According to the website, they offer standard gold track only in the domestic terminal:

Tokyo International (Haneda) Airport - Star Alliance

But YMMV and obviously your companion got in on a J ticket, that might've just been a bad staffer manning it. who knows. Regular security was super efficient too so I didn't mind it at all.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by seks
Where in the arrival section of HND is jalabc? May use the svc for hnd to nrt.
On the right as you exit customs. (Green luggage on the map image below)

Luggage Delivery, Luggage Storage and Luggage Carts | Haneda Airport International Terminal
Attached Images  
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Smiley90
It actually isn't standard gold track - It's an "elite/premium track" only for Top-tier members and first-class only, is what I was told. I was denied as *A gold on a Y ticket.

According to the website, they offer standard gold track only in the domestic terminal:

Tokyo International (Haneda) Airport - Star Alliance

But YMMV and obviously your companion got in on a J ticket, that might've just been a bad staffer manning it. who knows. Regular security was super efficient too so I didn't mind it at all.
There was a sign that mentioned First, Business, and *Gold.

We actually entered the regular line (didn't see priority), and then a couple minutes later, noticed a sign that indicated business class could use a priority line, so we left the regular line, and went to the priority line with that sign.

It was advertised poorly enough that we didn't notice it before entering the basic line, but well enough that we found it and saved time with it. And it definitely said "Business", though I don't recall if it was the standard "Gold Track" sign.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
There was a sign that mentioned First, Business, and *Gold.

We actually entered the regular line (didn't see priority), and then a couple minutes later, noticed a sign that indicated business class could use a priority line, so we left the regular line, and went to the priority line with that sign.

It was advertised poorly enough that we didn't notice it before entering the basic line, but well enough that we found it and saved time with it. And it definitely said "Business", though I don't recall if it was the standard "Gold Track" sign.
Strange, the Priority line sign outside of the security line is a bit different and has no mention of Business or *G generally apart from individual programs' tiers. UA for instance is just GS & 1K.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Strange, the Priority line sign outside of the security line is a bit different and has no mention of Business or *G generally apart from individual programs' tiers. UA for instance is just GS & 1K.
There were multiple signs at different areas of security when I entered. One was convincing enough for the two of us to leave the regular line and enter the line that we were both entitled to.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Because HND charges airlines to use the priority lane and airlines will not just let everybody and their dog in: and yes, that excludes NH J.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:43 pm

NH J is absolutely accepted into the AC MLL.

What a stupid thing to tell a customer.
I would say the customer (me) is more stupid to have not checked in advanced. Anyway I think OneWorld lounge access checking are easier with the consolidated OneWorld website.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Thank you, that's exactly the sign I remembered. For UA it didn't list Gold (hence *A gold) so I was turned away as UA/*A gold on a Y ticket.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Just landed from NH115; the cradle seats were bordering unacceptable after the 9th hour or so. Luckily it was only a 9.5 hour flight, but man those seats are uncomfortable if you try to do anything other than lounge.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:40 pm

Few of us FTers flew YVR-SEA-NRT/HND-SYD.

1. We all took a limo bus from NRT to HND. 3100 JPY. About 90 min thru some rush hr traffic. The limo bus counter does take CC.

2. ANA lounge by our dep gate 110 was decent. Pretty big i think. 7 showers or so. Decent food incl a noodle bar.

3. I asked for pajamas for the hnd-syd leg but they ran out. So ymmv on requesting pajamas.

We all went our own separate ways as soon as we got to SYD.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:02 am

I was wondering why I was seeing what looked like pajamas being handed out in front of me!! Will remember to try on the way home!

*Incidentally I was one of that group and that was by far the most fun/random international connection(s) I have made! Including mistakenly "seat messaging" someone who wadn't with our initial group but was ALSO on the same fare!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I was wondering why I was seeing what looked like pajamas being handed out in front of me!! Will remember to try on the way home!

*Incidentally I was one of that group and that was by far the most fun/random international connection(s) I have made! Including mistakenly "seat messaging" someone who wasn't with our initial group but was ALSO on the same fare!
Yeah, there were some people on the outbound and return flights with the same connections who had to have been traveling under the same fare. One group approached me on the HND-SYD flight, having noticed that I was on the YVR-HND segment as well, but they weren't familiar with FlyerTalk. I had my FlyerTalk tags clearly visible for all segments, but nobody seemed to notice them except one person when I was checking in at my hotel in Sydney. Coincidentally, he said he had met up with a handful of FlyerTalk members who were traveling on the fare.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:57 pm

What airside lounges will I have access to in SYD prior to my SYD-HND flight? Any of them wit showers?

Any showers in the ANA lounges at NRT?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:10 pm

What airside lounges will I have access to in SYD prior to my SYD-HND flight? Any of them wit showers?

Air New Zealand lounge in Sydney. I think Krisflyer lounge (in case you have *A status) is already closed by the time of departure of ANA flight. Decent lounge with some hot food, bar with custom-made coctails and shower rooms.
There are showers in ANA lounge in bothNarita and Haneda.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver

I spent more time than I care to admit in SYD waiting for my SYD-HND flight.
There are two lounges; both of which you'll have access to as a business-class passenger.

1. The Star Alliance lounge which is run by NZ is open in the morning and until after NH880 departs. There is a good food spread, a nice bar serving cocktails, and a large variety of seating. The coffee is better here as well. There are showers.

2. The SilverKris lounge which is run by SQ is right next door and is open from the early morning until around 6:30pm or so. This lounge also has showers. The food spread isn't nearly as good as the *A lounge, but there are 8 nice cubicles for private relaxing and work, and the champagne on offer is better than the *A lounge.

If you have time, feel free to hop between the two; they won't mind.

All of the ANA lounges at both NRT and HND have showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.