Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: platbrownguy
Original premium fare deal was for QR J class travel, originating in Vietnam (SGN and HAN) to several destinations across the Americas, Europe, and Africa. Travel period 8/2017 - 3/2018 inclusive, RT fares in the USD 500 - 700 range (USD $0.05 base fare).

Reports have now been circulating that all held, non-purchased fares have been canceled by the airline. Some held and then purchased fares were also canceled, but several reports indicate at least some of those have been re-instated.

For more information on flying Qatar Airways, visit the FT forum: Qatar Airways | Privilege Club. This thread in that forum is especially useful: Qatar Airways Forum Dashboard.

This wikipost is intended to help us better understand if there are any trends (by route, travel date, and/or held/ticketed status) in these cancellations. In all entries, please include: outbound or inbound departure date, origin-destination, original ticket status (only *if* "Held" or "Ticketed after Hold"), and current ticket status only *if* your ticket was cancelled ("Cancelled" or "Cancelled & Reinstated").

August HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Aug 05 SGN-Africa - Ticketed after Hold.
Aug 08 SGN-EZE
Aug 13 EZE-SGN
Aug 23 HAN-FRA

September HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Sep XX HAN-GRU
Sep 21 SGN-JFK
Sep 30 SGN-ORD - mster
Sep XX HAN-PHL
Sep XX SGN-JFK
Sep XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled & Reinstated.

October HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Oct 03 ORD-SGN - mster
Oct 07 SGN-DFW - mster
Oct 13 DFW-SGN - mster
Oct XX SGN-JNB

November HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Nov 05 SGN-JFK - trapped
Nov 07 JFK-SGN - trapped
Nov 09 SGN-ORD - trapped
Nov 16 ORD-SGN - trapped
Nov XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.

December HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Dec 23 SGN-DFW pbg
Dec 28 DFW-SGN pbg
Dec 28 SGN-DFW
Dec XX SGN-DFW

January HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Jan 10 DFW-SGN
Jan 11 HAN-DFW
Jan 13 DFW-HAN
Jan 25 SGN-ORD - Booked via OTA. Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet late Jan)
Jan 31 HAN-ATL - mster
Jan XX SGN-SOF
Jan XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.
Jan XX SGN-Africa
Jan XX DFW-SGN
Jan XX SGN-PHL
Jan XX SGN-EZE/GRU - Three RTs.
Jan XX SGN-DFW
Jan XX SGN-DFW

February HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Feb 20 ATL-HAN - mster
Feb XX SGN-JNB
Feb XX PHL-SGN
Feb XX GRU-SGN - Three RTs.
Feb 09 ORD-SGN - Booked via OTA. Davem4
Feb 10 SGN-WAW - Booked via OTA. - Davem4
Feb XX SGN-JFK - Booked via OTA - lcpteck

March HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Mar 01 SGN-ATL - mster
Mar 07 ATL-SGN - mster
Mar 04 SGN-JFK
Mar 19 JFK-SGN
Mar 01 HAN-MIA
Mar 04 MIA-HAN
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar 03 WAW-SGN - Booked via OTA. - Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet early Mar)

Held & Cancelled
Aug XX SGN-FRA - Held. Cancelled.
Oct XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Nov / Feb SGN-PHL - Held. Cancelled. (Held ~7:30pm. No record when I went to ticket Monday @8:30am.)
Jan / Feb SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: OWE
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Didn't you get charged a cancellation fee though?
i also cancelled a trip. the process takes no more than 10 seconds online. once you are in your booking on QR web, on the right, you can cancel flight and request refund, it'll ask you to confirm. and that's it.

you will get an email a bit after confirming such request (but take a screenshot just in case anyway) and refund was back on my amex in a few days in full.

no hassle. no need to call/email to followup. very smooth, easiest process i've experienced by far
FlytheTail likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I'm referring to "or spend $1400 for a ow Qantas AKL-BKK". Is that in J?
Yes , I wasn't clear. $1400 for a ow J ticket yields 9k AA EQMs (6k flown miles on Qantas AKL-BKK). My choice is to pay this $ for the needed EQMs (or find some other way to get the EQMs on a different future route) or fly cheap on TG with 30k UA miles, which I have plenty.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by joetraveler99
I could really use the Qantas oneworld EQMs to maintain my EXP status for next year, but $1400 is a cartload of cash to spend to maintain top tier status. Thoughts, anyone? I'm open for other options too. Thx
Or fly MH BKK-PEK roundtrip for around $550USD in J (booked in Z)

That should yield $1,395 EQD and 10,400 EQM
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by nov11
Or fly MH BKK-PEK roundtrip for around $550USD in J (booked in Z)

That should yield $1,395 EQD and 10,400 EQM
Does that flight earn 150% flown EQMs on AA? If so, that's an incredible MR. how is J on MH?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by staff
I may have to skip the return leg of my booking -- would that constitute as a no-show? If yes, how would they charge me for that?
Not only they will not charge you for that but I would suggest that you cancel your return before you are supposed to fly it and get a refund as per QR rules you should get at least fuel surcharge and airport taxes refund in that case, and loose only the main fare which is peanuts
FlytheTail likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by joetraveler99
Does that flight earn 150% flown EQMs on AA? If so, that's an incredible MR. how is J on MH?
Their new lie flat A330s are quite nice - especially considering the deals that are often available.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:43 pm

For this bug fare, is it possible to change the return date after flying the first leg?

My fare rules said:

After departure of first flight
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)
Reissue: Allowed with restrictions
Penalty fee for ticket reissue between: 0.00 USD / 415.00 USD (at today exchange rates 0.00 USD / 415.00 USD)
New travel dates must be prior to: Monday, February 18, 2019
Maximum Reissue penalty fee for entire ticket: 415.00 USD

Will they charge me 415 USD or just refuse me?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by trapped
Just to be clear I'm also doing the "B2B" and you were able to print out your return flights boarding card from Doha?

Is that because you're within 24 hours of your next trip at that point?
That's right. Printed on an A4 and no lounge pass obviously.
trapped likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL DM
I'm actually going to fly to CMB (EY J via AA miles) and spend some time seeing Sri Lanka, then fly to SGN to fly the outbound.

Does anyone know a) whether I can self-print a boarding pass or b) how early I can get a boarding pass printed and check-in at SGN as an intl transfer pax?

Looking at flight times, most of the options CMB->SGN have a stop, but either land a little closer to the departure than I'd like, or at ~10AM or so for a 7:30PM flight.

I'd rather not leave the airport/deal with a visa - but don't want to be stuck waiting at the transfer desk for 8 hours until checkin opens.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Matt4
Not only they will not charge you for that but I would suggest that you cancel your return before you are supposed to fly it and get a refund as per QR rules you should get at least fuel surcharge and airport taxes refund in that case, and loose only the main fare which is peanuts
Thanks for making me aware of this!

The rules are quite confusing to me -- which part confirms that I am able to claim back fuel surcharge and taxes?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K; and a bunch of hotel statuses
Anyone thinking about two vacations in Vietnam? I booked another roundtrip NYC-HAN to position there and coming back to create two long weekends in Vietnam (end of Feb and end of Mar). Hope SWUs could clear earlier
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:56 pm

finished EZE-GRU-DOH-SGN//SGN-HKG-PVG yesterday and finally updated the trip report. The trip was fantastic, despite a few little complaints. warning though, lots of pictures so recommend wifi, if it fails to load completely please refresh.

full trip report+journal

couple more takeaways:
1. QR DOH-SGN also tags on a flight to Phnom Penh, the seats are lie flat but very very narrow, personally it felt like 18" at best
2. if you can get through the re-entry security at SGN, there are sleeping pods at the end of terminal at gate 27. 7USD/hr, 4USD/30min, the shop that sells passes open 6am-2am, but manned 24hr. Lounge chairs around them are free, so take power naps in the pods only to cut down cpm
3. immigration for both entry and exit of Vietnam would take 1hr, and 30 min minimum respectively, and please visit the city if you get the chance, it is very fun. The locals are too nice for their own good.
4. always heard CX upgrade OW elite pax, this time proved true. Got op-up to J on SGN-HKG after talking to manager due to AA's EXP not reflecting in system.
5. if you read the report to the end, it is kind of sad to see CX's rapid decline, sigh.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
thank you for the trip report
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by KKslider
For this bug fare, is it possible to change the return date after flying the first leg?

My fare rules said:

After departure of first flight
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)
Reissue: Allowed with restrictions
Penalty fee for ticket reissue between: 0.00 USD / 415.00 USD (at today exchange rates 0.00 USD / 415.00 USD)
New travel dates must be prior to: Monday, February 18, 2019
Maximum Reissue penalty fee for entire ticket: 415.00 USD

Will they charge me 415 USD or just refuse me?
Curious about this too, has anyone tried to switch dates either before or after flying the first leg?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by xinliz
Curious about this too, has anyone tried to switch dates either before or after flying the first leg?
Changing before flying the first leg will trigger repricing, and thus it will cost a lot.
Not sure about after the flying the first leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.