Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: platbrownguy
Original premium fare deal was for QR J class travel, originating in Vietnam (SGN and HAN) to several destinations across the Americas, Europe, and Africa. Travel period 8/2017 - 3/2018 inclusive, RT fares in the USD 500 - 700 range (USD $0.05 base fare).

Reports have now been circulating that all held, non-purchased fares have been canceled by the airline. Some held and then purchased fares were also canceled, but several reports indicate at least some of those have been re-instated.

For more information on flying Qatar Airways, visit the FT forum: Qatar Airways | Privilege Club. This thread in that forum is especially useful: Qatar Airways Forum Dashboard.

This wikipost is intended to help us better understand if there are any trends (by route, travel date, and/or held/ticketed status) in these cancellations. In all entries, please include: outbound or inbound departure date, origin-destination, original ticket status (only *if* "Held" or "Ticketed after Hold"), and current ticket status only *if* your ticket was cancelled ("Cancelled" or "Cancelled & Reinstated").

August HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Aug 05 SGN-Africa - Ticketed after Hold.
Aug 08 SGN-EZE
Aug 13 EZE-SGN
Aug 23 HAN-FRA

September HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Sep XX HAN-GRU
Sep 21 SGN-JFK
Sep 30 SGN-ORD - mster
Sep XX HAN-PHL
Sep XX SGN-JFK
Sep XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled & Reinstated.

October HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Oct 03 ORD-SGN - mster
Oct 07 SGN-DFW - mster
Oct 13 DFW-SGN - mster
Oct XX SGN-JNB

November HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Nov 05 SGN-JFK - trapped
Nov 07 JFK-SGN - trapped
Nov 09 SGN-ORD - trapped
Nov 16 ORD-SGN - trapped
Nov XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.

December HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Dec 23 SGN-DFW pbg
Dec 28 DFW-SGN pbg
Dec 28 SGN-DFW
Dec XX SGN-DFW

January HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Jan 10 DFW-SGN
Jan 11 HAN-DFW
Jan 13 DFW-HAN
Jan 25 SGN-ORD - Booked via OTA. Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet late Jan)
Jan 31 HAN-ATL - mster
Jan XX SGN-SOF
Jan XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.
Jan XX SGN-Africa
Jan XX DFW-SGN
Jan XX SGN-PHL
Jan XX SGN-EZE/GRU - Three RTs.
Jan XX SGN-DFW
Jan XX SGN-DFW

February HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Feb 20 ATL-HAN - mster
Feb XX SGN-JNB
Feb XX PHL-SGN
Feb XX GRU-SGN - Three RTs.
Feb 09 ORD-SGN - Booked via OTA. Davem4
Feb 10 SGN-WAW - Booked via OTA. - Davem4
Feb XX SGN-JFK - Booked via OTA - lcpteck

March HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Mar 01 SGN-ATL - mster
Mar 07 ATL-SGN - mster
Mar 04 SGN-JFK
Mar 19 JFK-SGN
Mar 01 HAN-MIA
Mar 04 MIA-HAN
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar 03 WAW-SGN - Booked via OTA. - Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet early Mar)

Held & Cancelled
Aug XX SGN-FRA - Held. Cancelled.
Oct XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Nov / Feb SGN-PHL - Held. Cancelled. (Held ~7:30pm. No record when I went to ticket Monday @8:30am.)
Jan / Feb SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sisifo
I might need some guidance here:

. Booked right away and ¨paid¨ with the Chase Ink. (Working down the signup bonus!)
. Got one e-mail asking for passport and paid credit card statement. (Not sure the paid piece since it was posting as ¨pending¨ in the chase webpage).
. Submitted my answer and got a second e-mail reminding me to answer the first one.
. Submitted again and uploaded a case in QR system.

. Now I do not see the charge at all in the Chase pending - posted charges and when trying to access qatarairways.com get the following:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.qatarairways.com/" on this server.

Anybody in a similar plane/boat?

Much appreciated, S.-
Any updates with yours? I am in the same boat.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by CAWineNerd
Error" fares are a PITA.
Don't play the game if you can't stand the heat.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I may have to skip the return leg of my booking -- would that constitute as a no-show? If yes, how would they charge me for that?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Admittedly my bank called me ten times the following morning to ask how come I'd been shopping in Vietnam. But I've never had this security shenanigans with Qatar's website
Well? What was your answer?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just a quick update on my case (SGN-DOH-JFK rt DEC/JAN on-hold, paid, card charged, confirmed w/o e-ticket before being cancelled.) I called them today and they said they have already refunded me on the same day payment was made. Called the bank and they say they have yet to receive any refund. No replies yet for my email to e-commerce dept. Is there anyone with the same condition already received the refund?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: QF Gold
I also have a mystery middle initial.

I booked via an OTA that doesn't even collect a middle name.

Anyone got a fix yet?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by staff
I may have to skip the return leg of my booking -- would that constitute as a no-show? If yes, how would they charge me for that?
You only have to pay that if you attempt to change/alter the return portion of the ticket. If you no-show, then the rest of your segments are cancelled and that's that.

Think of it is as more of a "this ticket is non-refundable* in case you no-show, but can be changed for a no-show fee (that's more then the ticket).
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:16 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
For those ending in HAN, via the DOH > BKK > HAN flight sold as a through flight (i.e. there's no BKK > HAN flight in your PNR, just a DOH > HAN flight), what are your thoughts about bailing on the ticket in BKK?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by davem4
I also have a mystery middle initial.

I booked via an OTA that doesn't even collect a middle name.

Anyone got a fix yet?
By any chance, middle initial is H?

I called reservation office, they said there's no middle initial on my ticket. I told that I am seeing H, she said it means (card) Holder. I asked if that is fine, she said yes.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum
Asking this since I haven't seen it addressed yet in this thread and others may be in a similar position -- will QR allow you to board the flight from DOH-SGN without a valid visa if you are making a quick-turn at SGN?

I booked two RT flights - one with a 5 day stay in SGN and the other with a quick-turn a few hours later. I'm assuming that I can just visit the transit desk and stay in the transit area, but my question is whether or not QR will allow me to board the flight. Outbound and return are on separate PNR's.

The eVisa process for Americans was very straightforward (applied and received), but only a single-entry option is available and would thus be invalid following my first trip.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: OWE
Originally Posted by hnandito
By any chance, middle initial is H?

I called reservation office, they said there's no middle initial on my ticket. I told that I am seeing H, she said it means (card) Holder. I asked if that is fine, she said yes.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.
mine is also H!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
I booked the entire month of October 2018 about 30 min after your post. I know it wont stick but one can hope. It found very little close in.
That's $2.10 you won't see again!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jxw181
Asking this since I haven't seen it addressed yet in this thread and others may be in a similar position -- will QR allow you to board the flight from DOH-SGN without a valid visa if you are making a quick-turn at SGN?
If the ticket that brings you to SGN looks to the operating carrier like you are entering the country, then you will have to abide by all immigration requirements for entering the country.

If your "quick turn" is actually onto a different, separate ticket - even if it is operated by the same airline - then you should comply with the necessary immigration rules as if you were going to enter the country, even if that is not your intention.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by J.Edward
For those ending in HAN, via the DOH > BKK > HAN flight sold as a through flight (i.e. there's no BKK > HAN flight in your PNR, just a DOH > HAN flight), what are your thoughts about bailing on the ticket in BKK?
I don't know QR's policy, but when I've traveled other airlines with stopovers, and my destination was the stopover (as purchased), I've been asked to show my boarding pass just after exiting the jetbridge. If your boarding pass shows DOH > HAN only, they might resist your deplanement, although don't know what they would do if you persisted.

However, when searching flights during the sale period, I noted some flights had long (7-11 hour) periods from the time the flight arrives and departs BKK, and in that case, I'm sure they'd offload the entire plane without checking boarding passes.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: OWE
out of curiosity: anyone still waiting for their cancelled ticket (held and then paid for then cancelled) reinstated? any luck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.