Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: platbrownguy
Original premium fare deal was for QR J class travel, originating in Vietnam (SGN and HAN) to several destinations across the Americas, Europe, and Africa. Travel period 8/2017 - 3/2018 inclusive, RT fares in the USD 500 - 700 range (USD $0.05 base fare).

Reports have now been circulating that all held, non-purchased fares have been canceled by the airline. Some held and then purchased fares were also canceled, but several reports indicate at least some of those have been re-instated.

For more information on flying Qatar Airways, visit the FT forum: Qatar Airways | Privilege Club. This thread in that forum is especially useful: Qatar Airways Forum Dashboard.

This wikipost is intended to help us better understand if there are any trends (by route, travel date, and/or held/ticketed status) in these cancellations. In all entries, please include: outbound or inbound departure date, origin-destination, original ticket status (only *if* "Held" or "Ticketed after Hold"), and current ticket status only *if* your ticket was cancelled ("Cancelled" or "Cancelled & Reinstated").

August HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Aug 05 SGN-Africa - Ticketed after Hold.
Aug 08 SGN-EZE
Aug 13 EZE-SGN
Aug 23 HAN-FRA

September HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Sep XX HAN-GRU
Sep 21 SGN-JFK
Sep 30 SGN-ORD - mster
Sep XX HAN-PHL
Sep XX SGN-JFK
Sep XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled & Reinstated.

October HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Oct 03 ORD-SGN - mster
Oct 07 SGN-DFW - mster
Oct 13 DFW-SGN - mster
Oct XX SGN-JNB

November HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Nov 05 SGN-JFK - trapped
Nov 07 JFK-SGN - trapped
Nov 09 SGN-ORD - trapped
Nov 16 ORD-SGN - trapped
Nov XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.

December HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Dec 23 SGN-DFW pbg
Dec 28 DFW-SGN pbg
Dec 28 SGN-DFW
Dec XX SGN-DFW

January HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Jan 10 DFW-SGN
Jan 11 HAN-DFW
Jan 13 DFW-HAN
Jan 25 SGN-ORD - Booked via OTA. Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet late Jan)
Jan 31 HAN-ATL - mster
Jan XX SGN-SOF
Jan XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.
Jan XX SGN-Africa
Jan XX DFW-SGN
Jan XX SGN-PHL
Jan XX SGN-EZE/GRU - Three RTs.
Jan XX SGN-DFW
Jan XX SGN-DFW

February HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Feb 20 ATL-HAN - mster
Feb XX SGN-JNB
Feb XX PHL-SGN
Feb XX GRU-SGN - Three RTs.
Feb 09 ORD-SGN - Booked via OTA. Davem4
Feb 10 SGN-WAW - Booked via OTA. - Davem4
Feb XX SGN-JFK - Booked via OTA - lcpteck

March HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Mar 01 SGN-ATL - mster
Mar 07 ATL-SGN - mster
Mar 04 SGN-JFK
Mar 19 JFK-SGN
Mar 01 HAN-MIA
Mar 04 MIA-HAN
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar 03 WAW-SGN - Booked via OTA. - Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet early Mar)

Held & Cancelled
Aug XX SGN-FRA - Held. Cancelled.
Oct XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Nov / Feb SGN-PHL - Held. Cancelled. (Held ~7:30pm. No record when I went to ticket Monday @8:30am.)
Jan / Feb SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AA
changes after departure

I want to add a 3-day stopover in my outbound AFTER flying the inbound. Will it trigger repricing? I have the fare rule but can't really understand it. Can anyone help? Highlighted the potentially relevant language which I am struggling to understand

CHANGES - FEES APPLICATION - THE CHANGE FEE APPLIES PER TRANSACTION THE CHANGE FEE APPLIES PER FARE COMPONENT. WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE HIGHEST PENALTY OF ANY OF THE CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS WILL APPLY.
-------------------------------------------------
REPRICING SCENARIO-
1.BEFORE DEPARTURE BEFORE UTILIZATION OF THE FIRST COUPON OF THE TKT WHEN VOLUNTARY CHANGE OCCURS IRRESPECTIVE OF THE OUTBOUND OR INBOUND FLIGHT OF THE JOURNEY THE FARE WILL BE RECALCULATED APPLY NEW FARE/RULES ADHERING TO THE AP CONDITION IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF THE RE-ISSUE.
2.AFTER DEPARTURE AFTER UTILIZATION OF THE FIRST COUPON OF THE TKT NEW FARE WILL BE RECALCULATED USING FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE HISTORICAL FARES WHEN THE ORIGINAL TICKET WAS ISSUED.
3.THE TICKET NEEDS TO BE REISSUED WITH APPLICABLE FARE DIFFERENCE IF ANY.

4.IN CASE OF REISSUED CHANGE/NO-SHOW FEES MUST COMPLY WITH ALL PROVISIONS OF THE ORIGINALLY TICKET FARE. NOTE- CHANGE/NO-SHOW FEES MUST BE CODED AS XP IN THE TAX FIELD
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by beyounged
finished EZE-GRU-DOH-SGN//SGN-HKG-PVG yesterday and finally updated the trip report. The trip was fantastic, despite a few little complaints. warning though, lots of pictures so recommend wifi, if it fails to load completely please refresh.

full trip report+journal

couple more takeaways:
1. QR DOH-SGN also tags on a flight to Phnom Penh, the seats are lie flat but very very narrow, personally it felt like 18" at best
2. if you can get through the re-entry security at SGN, there are sleeping pods at the end of terminal at gate 27. 7USD/hr, 4USD/30min, the shop that sells passes open 6am-2am, but manned 24hr. Lounge chairs around them are free, so take power naps in the pods only to cut down cpm
3. immigration for both entry and exit of Vietnam would take 1hr, and 30 min minimum respectively, and please visit the city if you get the chance, it is very fun. The locals are too nice for their own good.
4. always heard CX upgrade OW elite pax, this time proved true. Got op-up to J on SGN-HKG after talking to manager due to AA's EXP not reflecting in system.
5. if you read the report to the end, it is kind of sad to see CX's rapid decline, sigh.
Were you able to check-in online or in-app at SGN?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by KKslider
Changing before flying the first leg will trigger repricing, and thus it will cost a lot.
Not sure about after the flying the first leg.
tried doing a change of date before flying the first leg, got sent to a page to choose new flights for the new date, but all searches come up empty.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by smachiz
Were you able to check-in online or in-app at SGN?
I did not check in online because I had a flight coming in 90 min before the QR flight to DOH, and I wanted to try going through the real transit first. But if you are able to check in online you should be able to go through the re-check security.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: OWE
i ended up having to get to HAN a day earlier unexpectedly, which is a day before the valid entry date on my e-visa. HAN was rather lenient when i entered Hanoi a day earlier and just adjusted the length of stay accordingly, but i told them i was leaving the next day anyway.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:52 pm

Anyone else do a cancel/refund request prior to departure?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: OWE
tried to change date of return after flying the first leg. no dice. ticket repriced at 4000+ USD becuase all R fare tickets were gone
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Spent a day in HAN, now I've got 24 hrs to kill in Philly before heading back. I'll give an early review and a heads up so that others are aware.

HAN-DOH: on the 777, had an amazing crew. Food was just okay. Qatar biz lounge in Doha is amazing.

Transfer in Doha: got the dreaded SSSS on boarding pass. Regardless, all passengers had to go through another screening at the gate, including electronics screening and laptops placed in sealed bags. I just had the added luxury of getting groped and swiped for bomb residue. Must be the "enhanced security" measures US is imposing to avoid the laptop ban.

DOH-PHL on A350. Fantastic hard and soft product. Can't wait for the return leg. Surprisingly, no interrogation by CBP upon entry at PHL.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by staticx813
tried to change date of return after flying the first leg. no dice. ticket repriced at 4000+ USD becuase all R fare tickets were gone
could you try to find a date with R available and confirm the price before finalizing? I think you can do that without actually changing it if you stop after seeing the price. Or all dates have no R buckets?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I have 9 hours to kill in HCMC between my inbound from HKG and the flight to DOH. I assume the lounge(s?) at SGN aren't good enough to warrant spending 9 hours in. Is it worth going into the city and get a day room at a hotel? My passport allows for visa on arrival.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by staff
I have 9 hours to kill in HCMC between my inbound from HKG and the flight to DOH. I assume the lounge(s?) at SGN aren't good enough to warrant spending 9 hours in. Is it worth going into the city and get a day room at a hotel? My passport allows for visa on arrival.
you need to present some invitation letter thingy, which you can easily get online for 10USD and 2 work days in advance. entrance visa itself costs 25USD, you need to clear immigration twice, so about 100 minutes in total, then the cheapest way to travel to downtown is route 152 bus for 5000VND for 25 min each way, then you need to get a day room. If you really are not tired you can consider, otherwise if you have OW status the runway view from Rose lounge may be a good place to be instead of downtown HCMC. Also there are nap pods at Gate 27 for 7USD/hr. (more details see my trip report link a few replies above)
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: N/A
Has anyone here gotten their stopover hotels rejected due to "only paying taxes"?

I was told it was first eligible and when following up the department said it was not eligible.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I started my itinerary in HAN a couple of days ago. Some info for anyone doing the same:

There's a left luggage facility on the floor below departures. I think it was 60,000 VND to store a bag for up to 6 hours.

It's very easy to get into the city. Leave the international terminal, cross the road and walk left down past the minibuses etc. There's an 'express' bus (the 86) which you can get from there to the centre of the city in ~1 hour. They're very regular and cost 30,000 VND.

I spent 2 or so hours wandering around Hanoi's Old Quarter. Well worth a look even if you have ~7 hours transit like I did.

At Hanoi airport - the lounge for QR is near gate 31. Quite big and has showers (which you might need after wandering around Hanoi in the heat).

Passport control going in could be slow if you have to line up for a visa. I was eligible for the 15 day visa exemption so just joined the 'foreigners' line and got through in ~15 mins. Leaving was even quicker - no line, quick stamp and out.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
For reference, I'm a US passport holder and I'll be in Vietnam for 2 nights within the same 30 day period. Additionally, Ill do a B2B in Vietnam and won't leave the airport. Do I need to pre-apply for a Visa before departure or can I simply do a Visa upon arrival? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by trapped
For reference, I'm a US passport holder and I'll be in Vietnam for 2 nights within the same 30 day period. Additionally, Ill do a B2B in Vietnam and won't leave the airport. Do I need to pre-apply for a Visa before departure or can I simply do a Visa upon arrival? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
A VOA is based upon a pre-arrival application approval with that approval in hand. The only part of the VOA actually done upon arrival is receiving visa in hand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.