Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AF: US-Spain/London r/t in F as low as $3,000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AF: US-Spain/London r/t in F as low as $3,000

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Additionally, this seems to work to LHR and HEL... OW torpedo?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by ps9a
Additionally, this seems to work to LHR and HEL... OW torpedo?
Earlier in July, AA filed a bunch of ex-US I fares that book into A class (they all have EUUP designator on the end of the fare), the AF fare do seem to be a response. The AA fare are 150 day advanced purchase and available for a range of cities but of course AA F is a lesser product. Bummer on the 90 and 150 day advance, otherwise i would use these for a trip in late October.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: WP
For those who booked via AMEX, are the tickets issued by DL (006) or AF (057)?
Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by channa
AMEX is pricing this out on their site. Might be worth calling to quote the AMEX Platinum discount on this to see how it fares if you're an AMEX Plat cardholder. This is an F fare basis and AF might have a decent discount on it.

http://iap.americanexpress.com/

What is this AMEX Platinum discount?

edit: nevermind. I clicked on the link...
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I'm looking to fly to Europe with a lapchild, and was going to possibly book this fare.
Unfortunately, AF won't let an infant fly as a lapchild - they need to have their own (paid) seat. Blah.

"Please note: you must reserve a seat for your infant if you are traveling in the La Première cabin."
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krdvg
Yes, I called in for LAX-BCN and was quoted ~3800. Unfortunately, AMEX cannot book further than June 2018, but airfrance.com can book as far out as July 2018, and I wanna be in Europe for the world cup

Also, not sure if fare is gone, it is pricing to 5k+ for me now on google flights.
I was able to book for 6/29/18 - 7/8/18 this morning, and it was $3,700 per person. LAX-BCN / BIO-SFO.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:44 am

Some intra-europe connecting flights are on HOP! Will I still be able to get La P lounge access if connecting from a LaP flight to a HOP business class flight?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali
I'm looking to fly to Europe with a lapchild, and was going to possibly book this fare.
Unfortunately, AF won't let an infant fly as a lapchild - they need to have their own (paid) seat. Blah.

"Please note: you must reserve a seat for your infant if you are traveling in the La Première cabin."
I didn't know about that, but i saw this in the fare rules as well:FRENCH REGULATIONS FORBID 2 INFANTS - LESS THAN 2 YEARS OLD - FROM BEING ACCOMPANIED BY JUST ONE ADULT PASSENGER
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by stephem
I didn't know about that, but i saw this in the fare rules as well:FRENCH REGULATIONS FORBID 2 INFANTS - LESS THAN 2 YEARS OLD - FROM BEING ACCOMPANIED BY JUST ONE ADULT PASSENGER
Thanks - that's pretty standard with most airlines (one infant per adult). I did find a 2008 post on FT that stated that AF discourages infants from La Premiere in order to preserve the integrity of the cabin. If you want to bring an infant - you need to pay for their seat...
Oh well.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Thanks - that's pretty standard with most airlines (one infant per adult). I did find a 2008 post on FT that stated that AF discourages infants from La Premiere in order to preserve the integrity of the cabin. If you want to bring an infant - you need to pay for their seat...
Oh well.
hah, "integrity"...
Etihad was making it difficult to get a lap child ticketed and so I ultimately bought my son a seat since he was a large 19 month old. We had 5 of 8 seats in the F cabin so I felt those other 3 people were visitors in our cabin as opposed to worrying about "integrity"... whatever that is.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stephem
Scroll up.

Code:
OR - 1ST INF/INFANT WITHOUT A SEAT PSGR UNDER 2 -
          CHARGE 100 PERCENT OF THE FARE.
              TICKET DESIGNATOR - IN AND PERCENT APPLIED.
          MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL FLIGHTS IN THE SAME
            COMPARTMENT BY ADULT PSGR 18 OR OLDER.
You'd be pretty annoyed if you paid 100% of the fare and he didn't even get a seat
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Some intra-europe connecting flights are on HOP! Will I still be able to get La P lounge access if connecting from a LaP flight to a HOP business class flight?
Yes.

AF will take care of you from beginning to end. [Well ok, maybe the A5 guys won't look after you that well ...]
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I am thinking about LAX-LHR over. thanksgiving.

Already holding the 77w nonstop in J, is the 777 AF F hardproduct much better than 77w J on AA?

I'm not sure the lounge is worth. the layover, as I can always get a meal at a high end restaurant in London
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
Already holding the 77w nonstop in J, is the 777 AF F hardproduct much better than 77w J on AA?
I suppose it depends what you mean by "much". SFO777 is rather a fan, as his trip reports demonstrate:

Air France La Première... the best First Class product in the world
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
Out of JFK all I can find for June are flights on the 380 still a great seat I am told.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.