Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]AZ: LHR/FRA/DUS/MUC/STR/TXL-NRT ~500 EUR in J

[PREM FARE GONE]AZ: LHR/FRA/DUS/MUC/STR/TXL-NRT ~500 EUR in J

Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Culture Guru
Have you begun the trip?
My outbound is for tomorrow...
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: *G (Aegean); AF/KL Silver; BA Bronze; Amex Platinum, Priority Pass.
Originally Posted by RTW1
Your presence here, but also lots of recent previous fares like these, is correction enough.
Sorry - I'm not trying to be facetious - but hasn't an itinerary has been ticketed once an e-ticket has been issued by the airline? There's a distinction between not issuing a ticket at all (which is what happened to me when trying to book the ET CAI-AUK glitch last week), voiding a ticket over two weeks before departure (also a personal experience), and voiding it within the two week departure window, which is what would happen to many here.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Ticketed still doesn't necessarily mean that there is a valid contract, and that's the basis for EC261. It's up to AZ now how they will handle this, so time will tell.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Ticketed still doesn't necessarily mean that there is a valid contract, and that's the basis for EC261. It's up to AZ now how they will handle this, so time will tell.
Given that most of us are veterans of the December FLR-WORLD-DUS (or v.v.) AZ tickets, we can make a very educated guess as to how AZ will handle these.

However, given that most tickets seem to be on AZ metal only and all on 055 stock - with some people instead having opted for AB metal in Economy Class for flights between DE and IT - these tickets are less complex than in the last "sale".
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

We'll see... it's still revenue if seats are empty.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That may indeed be true for departures today and tomorrow, but they are unlikely to want to "tie up" seats for itineraries going well into next year when they have so much time available in which to sell those seats at a much higher price. (Personally, though, I don't think Alitalia will be flying next year).

That they don't or can't cancel tickets for departures today and tomorrow is probably more for other logistical reasons, rather than deciding that a base fare of €80 is sufficient extra revenue to honour the tickets...I doubt that even staff would be able to purchase standby seats on these routes for such a low fare.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I don't thing AZ will be flying for long either... so that's why it might be different now. We'll see.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:21 am

Fiasco?

Originally Posted by frebay
After the FCO fiasco, I'm sitting this one out boys and girls.
May I ask what fiasco you are referring to? Strike?

In general, this airport is very chaotic.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
May I ask what fiasco you are referring to? Strike?

In general, this airport is very chaotic.
I think it refers to AZ fiasco, not FCO. AZ created a business fare from FLR-DUS with zero restrictions on stopovers. Let's just say people were travelling the scenic route to get to DUS. But AZ cancelled all tickets under heir control.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:35 am

I guess this situation is different from the FCO - DUS sale, were you could fly all over the world on lots of airlines. It was all over the blogs and was open for an entire weekend. They got all bad news about this issue over the news.

The sale of last sunday was only one destination from ex England or Germany, all on Alitalia metal and open for half a day.

I guess the number of tickets sold on this sale is very less comparing to the FCO sale. Maybe this time we got the result in our favour. Just my 2c
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Steven Andrew
bookings are made by credit card based elsewhere (paid the extra for the protection if push comes to shove and I need to fight for a refund).
Steven, how does using a foreign credit card help you in getting a refund? How does even using ANY credit card help, more than any other form of payment? (I'm not challenging your statement, I just want to understand it)
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: BA GOLD
If I remember it correctly, last summer we had *A Viking fare departure from N.Europe to U.S. (ORD,MSP, etc), it was approx 500-600, I bought 2 tkts back then, it was a flash sale, I don't see any surprisingly low about this current fare. Is it a good value? Yes! But I don't feel it's an ultra low priced fare as to the previous AZ error fare. If AZ really needs to cancel my tkts, I will not feel extremely disappointed. It is what it is, honour the tkt or not. Just do not set up your expectation too high, it's an Alitalia fare after all.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrvincent
But AZ cancelled all tickets under heir control.
That was notable because AZ took control of tickets that were not booked directly with them - and cancelled them.

Originally Posted by ottorockit
I guess the number of tickets sold on this sale is very less comparing to the FCO sale. Maybe this time we got the result in our favour. Just my 2c
In the present case, most tickets have already been voided.

If tickets remain open for use, perhaps it is because they are for travel so far in the future that Alitalia does not expect to be around to operate them and consequently does not feel the need to cancel/refund them...
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
That was notable because AZ took control of tickets that were not booked directly with them - and cancelled them.

In the present case, most tickets have already been voided.

If tickets remain open for use, perhaps it is because they are for travel so far in the future that Alitalia does not expect to be around to operate them and consequently does not feel the need to cancel/refund them...
Really? So you think is better to call to cancel or you may lose the $?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:50 am

I cannot imagine they would do that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.