Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ET: CAI-AKL o/w in J as low as US$440

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SQueeze
IF these are not canceled, Month of flight, routing, list your handle,and then any results/updates.

Jan 2018 CAI-ADD-HKG-AKL-HKG-ADD-CAI Coffee84 ( J/ cx I )
JAN 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL Oliverio (ET/SQ in D)
Feb 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL-SIN-ADD-CAI Zebranz (all D)
Mar 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL Coffee84 (J/ sq D)
May 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-CHC-SIN-ADD-CAI Zebranz (all D)
May 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL-SIN-ADD-CAI. Trappy (ALL D CLASS)
May 2018 CAI-ADD-SIN-AKL Kiwifruit (ET/J;SQ/D)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] ET: CAI-AKL o/w in J as low as US$440

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: SPG*P50, M&B*G, LH*G, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
May I ask what reason? Have you had good experiences with them "fighting" airline cancellations in the past?
I made pretty good experiences with them not only issuing the tickets instantly but also being very responsive and quick when it came to reimbursing cancelled EFs.

Last edited by ChristianMUC; Jul 6, 2017 at 8:16 am
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Checking on Ethiopian website.

The itinerary can be pulled out and everything seems in order. However, when clicking on the 'change' button, it says that 'The system has detected that your itinerary does not qualify for an exchange'

Up to a few hours ago, I could go one more step.

The message is the same one as that for my BKK-YYZ EF a few months back. And these apparently are not honoured. I had my ET website booking cancelled and refunded already and they were pretty fast with the refund and I even got a few dollars extra. The one booked through expedia is still live and I have not enquired on it yet.

So they had touched the CAI booking now .... what's next
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze
I had my ET website booking cancelled and refunded already and they were pretty fast with the refund and I even got a few dollars extra. The one booked through expedia is still live and I have not enquired on it yet.

So they had touched the CAI booking now .... what's next
What exactly do you mean? If you had it cancelled, no wonder it has changed...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ChristianMUC
What exactly do you mean? If you had it cancelled, no wonder it has changed...
It appears that the OP has/had 2 bookings - one made via ET (and apparently cancelled by the poster themselves), one made via Expedia (and still live). They also appear to refer to (an)other ticket(s) booked/cancelled at a completely different time that have nothing to do with the tickets under discussion in this thread.

Though, indeed, it would be helpful if posters would consider what message they are trying to convey, because posts can often come across as rather confusing or meaningless when it is not clear what point the poster is trying to make!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
On Ethiopian webpage payment details has disappeared. Reservation is still confirmed, by it seems that they are started to clean.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:02 am

How did you book this on ET when AKL,WLG,CHC aren't in the destination options? You played with javascript that much?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
I generated a new e-ticket and amadeus doc through the ET site ( just go through the seat selection process with no changes ) and the status today changed from OK TO FLY to CONFIRMED. Not sure what that means exactly. The payment info is still there in the e-ticket but not on the ET site - but i honestly can't remember if it was there yesterday on ET.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Coffee84
I generated a new e-ticket and amadeus doc through the ET site ( just go through the seat selection process with no changes ) and the status today changed from OK TO FLY to CONFIRMED. Not sure what that means exactly. The payment info is still there in the e-ticket but not on the ET site - but i honestly can't remember if it was there yesterday on ET.

Nope--seems like ET has suspended the tickets. Found out because I couldn't cancel the ticket online and the OTA had to call them to release in order to cancel. This may end up being too much of a headache....
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Would we have any recourse with CASE (SG) or a consumer protection agency in NZ?

Ethiopia also has a Trade Practice and Consumers Protection authority
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Yup - wait and see. Looks like they are trying to figure out how to handle these.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
It appears that the OP has/had 2 bookings - one made via ET (and apparently cancelled by the poster themselves), one made via Expedia (and still live). They also appear to refer to (an)other ticket(s) booked/cancelled at a completely different time that have nothing to do with the tickets under discussion in this thread.

Though, indeed, it would be helpful if posters would consider what message they are trying to convey, because posts can often come across as rather confusing or meaningless when it is not clear what point the poster is trying to make!

Your explanation is right.

I have 3 tickets. 2 on the BKK-YYZ itin and 1 on the CAI-AKL itin

The CAI ticket is now suspended also similar to my remaining BKK-YYZ.

Since these are using expedia, they have yet to contact me about options or status. I am still on wait and see mode.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Velocity
Hi SQueeze,

What do you mean by your ticket being "suspended"? ...and how do you see this?

Cheers,
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by kiwifruit
Hi SQueeze,

Cheers,
It's by deduction. Because when i click "change booking" on RT website it says that the system detects that the booking does not qualify for exchange. Up to before this, when I clicked on that function, it allowed changes.

For my earlier BKK-YYZ itinerary, the same case is observed. For that, I had also called in ET Delhi before and they said that the ticket somewhat cannot be modified. They were not sure why. Then they replied that the system indicates that it is under airport control.

So something would have been done at ET;s backend regarding these "special" tickets
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: Qantas FF, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Velocity
Thanks for the explanation, ..... Guess it's just a matter of wait and see then ;-)
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by kiwifruit
Hi SQueeze,

Cheers,
And if you open the ticket (in Sabre as ET uses them as theire originary platform) you can see that the coupons have been changed from OK TO FLY to CONFIRMED which doesn't make them usable.

I also guess they have temporarily set them to confirmed to see what they want to do. Hopefully they come to a conclusion soon I wouldn't want to find out after having travelled to CAI and start a discussion at 02:00 am based on Egyptian law

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.