Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AC/SQ - yvr - sin $1917 usd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AC/SQ - yvr - sin $1917 usd

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Looks like the backtrack through YYZ may have stopped working for the same price.
Still there
Code:
LAST TKT DTE 15DEC19/23:59 LT in POS - SEE ADV PURCHASE                         
------------------------------------------------------------                    
     AL FLGT  BK   DATE  TIME  FARE BASIS      NVB  NVA   BG                    
 YVR                                                                            
XYTO AC   122 P    19FEB 1810  P7LXCST         19FEB19FEB 2P                    
XHKG AC    15 P    20FEB 0935  P7LXCST         20FEB20FEB 2P                    
 BKK TG   639 Z    21FEB 1855  P7LXCST         21FEB21FEB 2P                    
XHKG TG   628 Z    25FEB 1030  P7LXCST         25FEB25FEB 2P                    
XYTO AC    16 P    25FEB 1630  P7LXCST         25FEB25FEB 2P                    
 YVR AC   127 P    25FEB 2000  P7LXCST         25FEB25FEB 2P                    

CAD  2500.00      19FEB20YVR AC X/YTO AC X/HKG TG BKK949.96P                    
USD  1889.00      7LXCST TG X/HKG AC X/YTO AC YVR949.96P7                       
USD   317.38-YQ   LXCST NUC1899.92END ROE1.315834                               
USD    19.58-CA   XT USD 0.94-XG USD 0.79-RC USD 18.89-SQ                       
USD   109.33-XT   USD 6.04-SQ USD 43.44-G3 USD 12.78-I5 USD                     
USD  2335.29      1.16-E7 USD 1.16-E7 USD 0.50-G8 USD 0.50-G
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:35 am

Need to book this fare, anyone still able to (preferably with back-tracking to YYZ)? Any help will be appreciated.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mileageking
Need to book this fare, anyone still able to (preferably with back-tracking to YYZ)? Any help will be appreciated.
Unfortunately the fare is gone, but something similar will pop up again during the year
Old Feb 13, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Gravedigging for now -- looks like YYZ-HKG has been scrubbed through end of March due to coronavirus -- for those of you who booked with the backtrack, what are you doing about this? Fly it anyway and just accept less PQP for the dollar spend?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Gravedigging for now -- looks like YYZ-HKG has been scrubbed through end of March due to coronavirus -- for those of you who booked with the backtrack, what are you doing about this? Fly it anyway and just accept less PQP for the dollar spend?
For those members who booked with me, I have a waiver from AC that allows me to rebook for future dates (flying must be done by 4/15/20) without a change fee or fare difference regardless of the remaining fare class inventory, meaning if P is sold out, I can book C, J, etc. Every agency should have the same waiver, meaning, if you booked through an online TA, you need to contact that agency and instruct them to reissue without a penalty or fare difference for the flights you want - escalate to a supervisor as needed, the first person who answers the phone is usually clueless, and if you booked directly with AC, you need to call AC.

Have your new flights ready, and for the back-track, it will now be broken into two segments, meaning YYZ-HKG will now be YYZ-YVR-HKG unless you book when the nonstop is restored. You will need to choose specific flights and feed them to your agency or to AC and if they question you about the backtrack, just state you have a meeting in YYZ before and after Singapore and you need to be there - escalate to managers as needed to get this done and don't accept any fare difference or change fee provided your new travel plan is complete by 4/15/20, all flights are in the same cabin, and you do not change your original and destination (you must still fly YVR-xxxxxxxxxx-SIN)

This is why I offer to help other members with their business class promo tickets, because when crap hits the fan like this, I can take care of it seamlessly for you.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Why not just ask for YYZ-ICN-SIN...
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Why not just ask for YYZ-ICN-SIN...
I don't believe the routing rules for the original fare allow for that, but it would be up to AC to permit that kind of rebooking.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:10 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I don't believe the routing rules for the original fare allow for that, but it would be up to AC to permit that kind of rebooking.
This whole fiasco in China is costing the airlines (well, a lot of businesses actually) a lot of money, so I don't see AC wanting to pay (most likely) OZ to fly the last leg from ICN

One can always ask, just don't be surprised by the response .....
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:47 pm

For those members who booked with me, I have a waiver from AC that allows me to rebook for future dates (flying must be done by 4/15/20) without a change fee or fare difference regardless of the remaining fare class inventory, meaning if P is sold out, I can book C, J, etc. Every agency should have the same waiver, meaning, if you booked through an online TA, you need to contact that agency and instruct them to reissue without a penalty or fare difference for the flights you want - escalate to a supervisor as needed, the first person who answers the phone is usually clueless, and if you booked directly with AC, you need to call AC.

Have your new flights ready, and for the back-track, it will now be broken into two segments, meaning YYZ-HKG will now be YYZ-YVR-HKG unless you book when the nonstop is restored. You will need to choose specific flights and feed them to your agency or to AC and if they question you about the backtrack, just state you have a meeting in YYZ before and after Singapore and you need to be there - escalate to managers as needed to get this done and don't accept any fare difference or change fee provided your new travel plan is complete by 4/15/20, all flights are in the same cabin, and you do not change your original and destination (you must still fly YVR-xxxxxxxxxx-SIN)

This is why I offer to help other members with their business class promo tickets, because when crap hits the fan like this, I can take care of it seamlessly for you.
I don't mind tackling the changes on my own -- a bigger problem is scheduling with my traveling companions (let's say they are very indecisive about dates). My original flights were for spring break, so ... moving the flights out to 4/15 doesn't really help me at all. Well, my traveling companions anyway. I'm fairly flexible myself. Maybe I just go on my own.

Good to know about the YYZ break though. I'll probably give AC a call tomorrow or Monday and see what my options are like.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
I don't mind tackling the changes on my own -- a bigger problem is scheduling with my traveling companions (let's say they are very indecisive about dates). My original flights were for spring break, so ... moving the flights out to 4/15 doesn't really help me at all. Well, my traveling companions anyway. I'm fairly flexible myself. Maybe I just go on my own.

Good to know about the YYZ break though. I'll probably give AC a call tomorrow or Monday and see what my options are like.
if you booked directly with Air Canada, you’ll need to make the changes with them directly, and you’ll likely need to be prepared to argue for the flights that you want, they won’t give up space easily. The waivers are all extended into May including Hkg transfers

you’ll really need to argue and push because I don’t expect them to just hand over J or C space when you’re booked in P, but that’s exactly what the waiver states we can do.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:11 pm

if you booked directly with Air Canada, you’ll need to make the changes with them directly, and you’ll likely need to be prepared to argue for the flights that you want, they won’t give up space easily. The waivers are all extended into May including Hkg transfers

you’ll really need to argue and push because I don’t expect them to just hand over J or C space when you’re booked in P, but that’s exactly what the waiver states we can do.
Actually it looks like since I booked multi-city with a YYZ stopover, I was automatically rebooked from YVR-YYZ-HKG-SIN outbound to YVR-YYZ-YVR-HKG-SIN, though HKG-SIN appears to be operated by a nonexistent SQ 861 departing two hours before I land in HKG (I only see SQ 871 on that day).

Time to twiddle my thumbs listening to the Air Canada hold music.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.