Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Aa: Sea/atl/dtw/msp/slc/cvg-pap $369

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Aa: Sea/atl/dtw/msp/slc/cvg-pap $369

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by nk15
I am surprised by this, I thought your FFP airline "pays" for your lounge access and you have to credit miles to them or something like that. OT though.
You most certainly do not have to credit the miles to the ffp .. I use my oneworld Sapphire but credit to Alaska all the time.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
Regarding same day turn-arounds:

I have watched numerous arrival youtube videos and it looks like you DO have to clear customs. AA Exec Plat desk called customs in Miami (they could not reach Haiti) and they also said you DO have to clear customs even for a connecting flight, does not look like this is Panama my friends
Old May 23, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I am looking forward to my 6 hour turnaround in August. It will help my BA re-qualification.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:05 pm

I'm not familiar with changing business or first class revenue tickets. I just realized I put on hold an itinerary that has a 6 hour overnight layover in Miami, which I don't want! What is the likelihood of being able to change that some point after booking, or do a same day change? I am Oneworld Sapphire.

It is in September though so I guess I could hope for a schedule change?

answered my own question

"Complimentary standby
Available with:
  • Unrestricted Economy Class (Y fare), Business or First Class tickets
  • American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, Platinum or Gold status and up to 8 companions in same record
  • oneworld® Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby status and up to 8 companions in same record"

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; May 23, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Old May 23, 2017, 7:10 pm

Does everyone's tickets got issued? mine still in pending, and I was parasitically paid by eGC, so not so sure the pending was due to the error fare or eGC used...

by the way, I got SEA-PHX-JFK-PAP-JFK-DFW-SEA route, 1 hour layover in PAP and departure on next Saturday(Jun 3rd)...anyone the same? lol
Old May 23, 2017, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by twnemotw
Does everyone's tickets got issued? mine still in pending, and I was parasitically paid by eGC, so not so sure the pending was due to the error fare or eGC used...

by the way, I got SEA-PHX-JFK-PAP-JFK-DFW-SEA route, 1 hour layover in PAP and departure on next Saturday(Jun 3rd)...anyone the same? lol
It could mean that they pulled the plug before the ticket was issued, or something with the eGC. Either way you have to call at some point probably. Did you book right before it disappeared?

Last edited by nk15; May 23, 2017 at 7:45 pm
Old May 23, 2017, 7:40 pm

It could mean that they pooled the plug before the ticket was issued, or something with the eGC. Either way you have to call at some point probably. Did you book right before it disappeared?
Yeah, in fact, I was on-hold for about 5 minutes and then paid with egc under my husband's name, until now, it shows pending still.

I will try to reach EXP desk later, thank you for your advise.

Last edited by twnemotw; May 23, 2017 at 8:10 pm
Old May 23, 2017, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I checked the regional hoppers from PAP, they charge $400-700 roundtrip for one-hour flights, crazy...
Old May 23, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I'm not familiar with changing business or first class revenue tickets. I just realized I put on hold an itinerary that has a 6 hour overnight layover in Miami, which I don't want! What is the likelihood of being able to change that some point after booking, or do a same day change? I am Oneworld Sapphire.

It is in September though so I guess I could hope for a schedule change?

answered my own question

"Complimentary standby
Available with:
  • Unrestricted Economy Class (Y fare), Business or First Class tickets
  • American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, Platinum or Gold status and up to 8 companions in same record
  • oneworld® Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby status and up to 8 companions in same record"
That's a no go. No same day sand-by or flight change on an itinerary with an international component (even domestic piece). Confirmed on my way home from MXP last month, both the Concierge Key desk and Exec Plat desk said it's not permitted! (Although if you're Exec Plat they may let you at the airport for the domestic legs.)
Old May 23, 2017, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j1194
That's a no go. No same day sand-by or flight change on an itinerary with an international component (even domestic piece). Confirmed on my way home from MXP last month, both the Concierge Key desk and Exec Plat desk said it's not permitted! (Although if you're Exec Plat they may let you at the airport for the domestic legs.)
Good point, I had once the online system let me do SDFC to London, and the GA was like no no, that's a computer glitch...Assuming that PAP counts as international though (probably), because we know that for lounge purposes it is not...
Old May 23, 2017, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my panic to coordinate a lot of things I ended up with a couple of long flights on RJs, geez,but that was the only option, I hope they feed us and it is a smooth ride...
Old May 24, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
In my panic to coordinate a lot of things I ended up with a couple of long flights on RJs, geez,but that was the only option, I hope they feed us and it is a smooth ride...
I have flown standby on couple of MIA-PTY flights. Lounge angels are your friends.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by sbgmiles
I have flown standby on couple of MIA-PTY flights. Lounge angels are your friends.
True, sometimes they'll do it at the airport, but I seriously wouldn't expect it to happen. I had to go to 3 different agents at JFK just to move a domestic leg of an true international itinerary.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbgmiles
I don't think it is an option to change flights, even if I wanted to, it won't work with my time schedule (I have positioning flights and a vacation to attend to, plus it is actually two people on different reservations), but thanks for the suggestion, to keep in mind.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:08 pm

Sooooo I'm going to venture a guess and say these are going to get honored? I think we would have heard something by now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.