Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Yep. It's dead. Tried multiple sites.
*Called it* I posted at 10:07 pm central time that it would likely die soon as it was 7:07 AM in Dubai and some revenue analyst lackeys were about to roll into work and realize ... happened overnight.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Wow, this was a heck of a get for those who were quick enough - I was not. Hopefully EK let's you fly without a fight.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Booked a MLE-JFK flight before I realized I could do MLE-LAS. Booked direct; doesn't look like it is possible to cancel. Even if I don't get one refunded, $210 for an Emirates flight from MLE isn't bad.
I tend to think they will honor these tickets. MLE isn't exactly a HUGE destination, limited # of people go there. So I suspect EK would take the small hit in exchange for huge customer goodwill.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
I tend to think they will honor these tickets. MLE isn't exactly a HUGE destination, limited # of people go there. So I suspect EK would take the small hit in exchange for huge customer goodwill.
I caught a EK pricing glitch to Cairo a couple of years back, and they honored it.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: AA Plat
Booked 4 tix MLE-CLE for $155each. The dates that I could fly aren't ideal (monsoon season) and positioning looks like it will be a nightmare, even with a nice stash of miles. I booked through Orbitz, so I'm thinking about cancelling. This deal is one of the best deals I've ever booked, from a CPM standpoint. I hate the thought of cancelling, but it doesn't seem worthwhile given my situation.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: QF, HH
I just saw €86 on Momondo for July dates. Go get it!

Unfortunately I won't be able to get to MLE this side of Christmas (what a pity!), but here's to those who have managed to grab this excellent deal, if it gets honoured ^
Old May 18, 2017, 5:14 am

Not sure you all realize what a $§("%$/§ Male is.......
Old May 18, 2017, 5:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
A lot of these tickets will probably end up not being flown as booked. MLE isn't by itself anything that special and the cost in money and time of going there and not dealing with misconnects and perhaps doing something beyond MLE is high enough that this won't be flown as ticketed by all that pursue flying on this route. I expect breakage rates to be high.
Old May 18, 2017, 6:08 am

Cancelled

My OTA emailed overnight to say my booking has been cancelled (MLE-JFK-MLE). Not a good start for folks who hoped it would be honored.

Maybe other routes or OTAs will have better luck?
Old May 18, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by SGooMicrorat
My OTA emailed overnight to say my booking has been cancelled (MLE-JFK-MLE). Not a good start for folks who hoped it would be honored.

Which OTA did you use?
Old May 18, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SGooMicrorat

Still heard nothing from Priceline for my MLE-JFK flight.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:20 am

Re: Cancelled

Originally Posted by thadeusd3
Which OTA did you use?
BudgetAir. They sent me an EK record locator after I booked, then a cancellation email after 2am. No explanation for the cancellation, other than I should call if my cc gets charged.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Well that's different. You never received an E-ticket number correct? and CC was never charged?
Old May 18, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
My OTA cancelled it too. My CC had been charged, tickets were issued and I had selected my seats on the EK site. Oh well at least I don't have to spend today figuring out how to get to MLE . Might have been safer booking on the EK site but didn't know the fare was on their site too until after booking.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano
Well that's different. You never received an E-ticket number correct? and CC was never charged?
Correct, no ticket number.

Has anyone gotten a ticket number yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.