Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 7:49 am

Booked using Orbitz last night around 9pm EST. Ticket still showing as confirmed. Is there a general timeframe where we can assume the ticket won't be cancelled?
Old May 18, 2017, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by SGooMicrorat
Correct, no ticket number.

Has anyone gotten a ticket number yet?
I booked last night via an OTA and received ticket numbers within 30 minutes. No cancellation email, and the reservation appears to still be alive via OTA
Old May 18, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Booked last night on Orbitz around 9:15 pm Central time. Received E-ticket numbers in few minutes and CC was charged. However the CC charge was from Emirates and not Orbitz. Is that how it supposed to be?

So far my reservation is intact on emirates website with ticket numbers.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
I have ticket numbers for all my tickets and cc has been charged. Status shows confirmed on OTA and also on emirates website. When I used the manage itinerary function on emirates website, I had to provide my email. Emirates then emailed the itinerary on that email with confirmed status.
All systems go at this point . I have to book positioning flight(s) and hotel very soon.

Bob
Old May 18, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: DL,EK
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Not sure you all realize what a $§("%$/§ Male is.......
I spent one or two days in MLE (in town, not at a resort) and loved it. I'd go back. It's one of the cleanest places I've ever been. I also spent time at a resort and that way really nice too.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DesertNomad
I spent one or two days in MLE (in town, not at a resort) and loved it. I'd go back. It's one of the cleanest places I've ever been. I also spent time at a resort and that way really nice too.
Any recommendation for a in town hotel?
Old May 18, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano
I have ticket numbers for all my tickets and cc has been charged. Status shows confirmed on OTA and also on emirates website. When I used the manage itinerary function on emirates website, I had to provide my email. Emirates then emailed the itinerary on that email with confirmed status.
All systems go at this point . I have to book positioning flight(s) and hotel very soon.

Bob
Same here, but I'm still holding off a week or two before booking positioning flights/hotels.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: Oneworlder; Etihad
(*newbie here) Sleepily purchased MLE-ARN return last night from budgetair.nl (65eur!). I received e-tickets within 10 minutes, and EK website still showing the booking.

Expecting them not to honour it, but fingers crossed. I'd be wary of booking positioning flights even within the next week or so. There's mixed levels of hope from those who availed of EK error fares in the past.

Time will tell.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Talking

Still solid over here. Booked 2 separates thru budgetair.nl - now they are offering to sell me upgrades and I can select my seats for 10euros. I think. It's in Dutch and I don't speak Dutch, although I seem to be able to read it at midnight when 120 r/t MLE/JFKs are offered ^

Paid through PayPal, which has always been my lucky payment method.

Again, thx OP. Scored the super cheap Doha a couple years ago which was honored and Bali last year - seeing the world thanks to FT.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano
Me too.....booked NYC before I discovered LAS as destination....wondering whether to eat it and book another ....or to get a award redemption from nyc.
me three...booked MLE-NYC before I found out that MLE-DTW (hometown) was just $10 more. Now I am sitting on both tickets from EK direct so no way of canceling one. If they honor it I don't mind losing out on $100 but the fare conditions stated that cancellations and no shows will be charged something around $130 I believe...can anyone confirm if this will be the case?

fwiw, I booked on EK's site and have an eticket.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:00 am

I booked two -- the one booked on BudgetAir.nl has been cancelled ("technical problem" they said) but the one booked on Expedia is still intact.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
@jinxeddeep - If I remember correctly any action on this ticket will cost more than ticket itself. Will just have to give it up.

For positioning, if you can get to CMB, MLE is just 4500 avios.

good to see people with etickets have not had any issues. Please update if any one faces any issues.

Bob
Old May 18, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by jinxeddeep
me three...booked MLE-NYC before I found out that MLE-DTW (hometown) was just $10 more. Now I am sitting on both tickets from EK direct so no way of canceling one. If they honor it I don't mind losing out on $100 but the fare conditions stated that cancellations and no shows will be charged something around $130 I believe...can anyone confirm if this will be the case?

fwiw, I booked on EK's site and have an eticket.
This is the reason I use reputable OTAs (Orbitz, expedia, priceline, etc) to book mistake fares. You have until the end of the next business day to cancel bookings, at no charge. Most US Airlines also allow you to cancel within 24 hours, but I'm not sure about Emirates policy.

Last edited by thadeusd3; May 18, 2017 at 11:35 am
Old May 18, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by thadeusd3
This is the reason I use reputable OTAs (Orbitz, expedia, priceline, etc) to book mistake fares. You have until the end of the next business day to cancel bookings, at no charge. Most US Airlines also allow you to cancel within 24 hours, but I'm not sure about Emirates policy.
24-hour cancellation for refund or hold (for departures >7 days advance) is a US DOT requirement for itineraries that touch the US.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by afrozenfyre
24-hour cancellation for refund or hold (for departures >7 days advance) is a US DOT requirement for itineraries that touch the US.
Found this on the Emirates Site:

"For itineraries booked on emirates.com/us that originate from the US, where the booking is made seven days or more prior to flight departure, you may request a refund within 24 hours of booking without penalty."

But, the instant result when searching on Google, pulls the following text:

"For itineraries booked on emirates.com/us that include a flight to or from the US, where the booking is made seven days or more prior to flight departure, you may request a refund within 24 hours of booking without penalty. Your refund will be processed within seven days of submitting the eticket refund form."

I'm guessing the first is the most recent and the Google cache just hasn't caught up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.