Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] TP: LGW - MPM in C - 3cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] TP: LGW - MPM in C - 3cpm

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Has been VOA for years...

Then please tell the FCO and Mozambique High Commission.

foreign-travel-advice/mozambique/entry-requirements

Last edited by IAN-UK; Apr 5, 2017 at 4:47 am
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Has been VOA for years...
Errrr, No it hasn't.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:07 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Then please tell the FCO and Mozambique High Commission.

foreign-travel-advice/mozambique/entry-requirements
Originally Posted by flyphilrun
Errrr, No it hasn't.
I know that the FCO says you need a visa, but from multiple personal experiences, VoA has absolutely been available for years.

See various posts on this in the Africa, African Airlines and Oneworld fora (on account of MPM being a very cheap starting place for AONE/DONE tickets for a while).
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I believe VOA depends on your nationality and, moreso, whether or not your country has a Tanzanian Embassy. Australia does not, so I know Australians are eligible for VOA, although the Embassy in Japan (which covers Australia) strongly recommends sending your passport to them in advance.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty sure you mean Mozambique embassy (or high commission). Their website indicates SADC states have visa-free access, others get VOA, while the rest need visas.

I guess the crunch is what TIMATIC says, the airline will rely on that to accept you for the flight.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:09 am

Pretty sure you mean Mozambique embassy (or high commission). Their website indicates SADC states have visa-free access, others get VOA, while the rest need visas.

I guess the crunch is what TIMATIC says, the airline will rely on that to accept you for the flight.
and this is what TIMATIC says (for a UK passport holder)

Originally Posted by Timatic
Passengers with a British passport can obtain a visa on arrival at Beira (BEW), Nampula (APL), Maputo (MPM), Pemba (POL), Tete (TET) and Vilankulo (VNX) for a maximum stay of 30 days if they have a return/onward ticket, sufficient funds to support their stay and proof of purpose of visit. They can apply to extend their stay for an additional 30 days.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and this is what TIMATIC says (for a UK passport holder)
^^^

I'm on my mobile, so couldn't look it up. well, I could: but what a faff
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
SADC stands for Southern African Development Community (SADC)

I just wanted to share this with the the rest of the ignorant guys around here, I had never ever heard of it myself and I guess it does not affect very many flyertalkers flying in from Europe.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:23 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Tried to book this yesterday via Worldairfares.co.uk (travelcenter.co.uk) OTA, it went through ok, but since they don't have an automated ticketing system, they send these request to be ticketed manually.

Got a call today that the airline wanted to collect an additional 200 GBP, which I said now (jacks the price up to around 900 Euro).

Will try if I can still find the ~750Euro fare and book on another OTA.

Cheers!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:39 am
Used to be highman123

Mozambique visa policy is a bit of a basket case. Apparently VOA was always available but was meant as 'last resort' if your country had a Mozambique embassy. The last couple of years it had been really enforced that you needed to apply in advance at an embassy, especially for Americans. This has now changed for most nationalities and VOA is the 'official policy'.

http://www.iol.co.za/travel/travel-n...urists-8473344

So far I have never been turned down for a visa/VOA in Africa. Nobody has ever checked my passport for a valid visa before a flight to/inside Africa either. The VOA seems to be always an option if you are patient and bring enough $$$.

Last edited by MightyTravels; Apr 5, 2017 at 10:21 am
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Tried to book this yesterday via Worldairfares.co.uk (travelcenter.co.uk) OTA, it went through ok, but since they don't have an automated ticketing system, they send these request to be ticketed manually.

Got a call today that the airline wanted to collect an additional 200 GBP, which I said now (jacks the price up to around 900 Euro).

Will try if I can still find the ~750Euro fare and book on another OTA.

Cheers!
I read some reviews about this particular OTA. This seems to be their standard procedure. Quite a few people wrote that the OTA called them and asked them for additional money. Expect to pay around 860€ if you go with a decent OTA like Expedia.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Mozambique visa policy is a bit of a basket case. Apparently VOA was always available but was meant as 'last resort' if your country had a Mozambique embassy. The last couple of years it had been really enforced that you needed to apply in advance at an embassy, especially for Americans. This has now changed for 44 nationalities and VOA is the 'official policy'.

http://www.iol.co.za/travel/travel-n...urists-8473344

So far I have never been turned down for a visa/VOA in Africa. Nobody has ever checked my passport for a valid visa before a flight to/inside Africa either. The VOA seems to be always an option if you are patient and bring enough $$$.
Thanks for the info, it really is confusing. I just wanted to point out that your article is referring to 44 border posts, not 44 nationalities.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:21 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by johnnywho
Thanks for the info, it really is confusing. I just wanted to point out that your article is referring to 44 border posts, not 44 nationalities.
Changed that.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by MightyTravels

There are very many countries in Africa that have no VOA option, and where airlines most certainly do check for a valid visa before travel. Please don't post such sweeping generalisations without at least some modicum of caveat, such as 'but I've never been to Angola/DRC/Nigeria/Cameroon so it might be different there'.

Moz is an easy one...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I just got a VOA at MPM on April 1 on a US passport. All official online sources say a VOA for most countries is not possible, but the actual experiences prove that is incorrect. Other passengers receiving a VOA at the same time as me were from Germany and Denmark.

See this thread for more information: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...m-transit.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.