Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] TP: LGW - MPM in C - 3cpm

[PREM FARE GONE] TP: LGW - MPM in C - 3cpm

Old Apr 28, 17, 1:24 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London
Posts: 517
Originally Posted by planestupid View Post
LIS-ACC-TMS is the same plane.

​​​​​​Doh! What a planestupid question from me :O
SwissBritMiss is offline  
Old Apr 28, 17, 2:13 pm
  #47  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Posts: 13,842
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT View Post
...
I agree, has anyone flown this and experience with the ACC connection?
It's a single TP flight between Lisbon and São Tomé, stopping in Accra.

It's not a connection you can miss




The joy of São Tomé is you (very probably) don't need a visa.
IAN-UK is offline  
Old Apr 28, 17, 2:39 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: U.K.
Programs: UA 1K; QR P; HH D; MR G; IHG SpAmb
Posts: 709
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss View Post
Just to note that this is still widely available for TMS and DKR.
But not on the same type of plane. Last time i checked, economy priced a bit more than half of the business fare and the comfort won't be much worse there. Also, interestingly, booked into W which earns 100% in various programs.
a9504477 is offline  
Old Apr 28, 17, 3:49 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: WAW ✈ LHR
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 1,759
Is there any time of the year when they operate TMS with A330?
megaloman is offline  
Old Apr 28, 17, 5:03 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: FRA
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 139
Originally Posted by a9504477 View Post
But not on the same type of plane. Last time i checked, economy priced a bit more than half of the business fare and the comfort won't be much worse there. Also, interestingly, booked into W which earns 100% in various programs.
Interesting observation. However, this seems to be true only for UA? Please correct me if I'm wrong, just was curious.
flockavelliFT is offline  
Old Apr 29, 17, 1:43 am
  #51  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Posts: 13,842
Originally Posted by a9504477 View Post
..Last time i checked, economy priced a bit more than half of the business fare and the comfort won't be much worse there. Also, interestingly, booked into W which earns 100% in various programs.
The longish flight, Lisbon to Accra, isn't going to be a comfort-fest in any of TP's A320 seats. But at least in business-class you get significantly more personal space and convenience with an empty seat next to you; and the cabin crew should give you just a tad more attention, and some OK food, before they retire behind the curtain

There again, you could strike lucky and get an empty seat next to you in economy class....

As for the miles, unless you are a United or Air Canada collector I don't think you'll get more than 50%. TP's own programme is a bit of mystery.
IAN-UK is offline  
Old May 3, 17, 8:40 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MUC
Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
As for the miles, unless you are a United or Air Canada collector I don't think you'll get more than 50%. TP's own programme is a bit of mystery.
You are right about that. It might turn me into an UA or Air Canada collector.

Thanks for the info about SADC!

I wish FT would introduce a simple "thank you" button...
johnnywho is offline  
Old May 3, 17, 8:57 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MUC
Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
The longish flight, Lisbon to Accra, isn't going to be a comfort-fest in any of TP's A320 seats. But at least in business-class you get significantly more personal space and convenience with an empty seat next to you; and the cabin crew should give you just a tad more attention, and some OK food, before they retire behind the curtain

There again, you could strike lucky and get an empty seat next to you in economy class....
Almost 6 hours sounds quite bad on one of their A320s, even in the so-called European business class.
Especially in the first row the empty middle seat is pretty useless, since the arm rest with the integrated tray table separates the seats and can't be removed.
johnnywho is offline  
Old May 3, 17, 9:03 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MUC
Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss View Post
Just to note that this is still widely available for TMS and DKR.
TMS looks gone now - at least on gf.

Oh well, it lasted for quite a while and so far they haven't canceled my trip to MPM which I booked a month ago on April 5th.
johnnywho is offline  
Old May 4, 17, 1:37 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Norway
Programs: KLM. Elite Plus, SK Silver
Posts: 58
Definitely gone now, to DKR as well.

Was very tempted in booking to TMS, seems like a very interesting destination. Sao Tome is one of the least visited countries on earth...

However 6 hours in a 320 i can do without.. :-) Did see the 330 on the LIS-DKR route though...
SkyTeam Flyer is offline  
Old May 4, 17, 9:23 am
  #56  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Posts: 13,842
Originally Posted by SkyTeam Flyer View Post
.....Sao Tome is one of the least visited countries on earth......
Then try Guinea Bissau, another of TP's niche destinations 🙄.

TP was always partial to tag flights: at one time there was talk of doing São Tome through Bissau. THAT would have been fun!
IAN-UK is offline  
Old May 4, 17, 9:43 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London
Posts: 517
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Then try Guinea Bissau, another of TP's niche destinations 🙄.

TP was always partial to tag flights: at one time there was talk of doing São Tome through Bissau. THAT would have been fun!
That is exactly a destination that I thought to tag on but the costs would have been significantly inflated...

Alas potential travelbuddy for Sao Tome is no longer in, so I had to pass on this one
SwissBritMiss is offline  
Old May 4, 17, 11:30 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 526
Fare gone today, was still available yesterday though up to APR18
Atlantico is offline  
Old May 4, 17, 1:22 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MYF/CMA/SAN/YYZ/YKF
Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Posts: 5,445
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac View Post
Has been VOA for years...
That has been inconsistent and partly based on which POE and the mood of the immigration people. Some horror stories out there, but an official shift in policy is nice.
N1120A is offline  
Old May 24, 17, 10:56 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MUC
Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Posts: 272
Any cancellations so far?

My trip to MPM still looks fine.
johnnywho is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: