FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] TP: LGW - MPM in C - 3cpm (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1834044-prem-fare-gone-tp-lgw-mpm-c-3cpm.html)

SwissBritMiss Apr 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by planestupid (Post 28241181)
LIS-ACC-TMS is the same plane.

​​​​​​Doh! What a planestupid question from me :O

IAN-UK Apr 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by flockavelliFT (Post 28241205)
I agree, has anyone flown this and experience with the ACC connection?

It's a single TP flight between Lisbon and São Tomé, stopping in Accra.

It's not a connection you can miss :D

The joy of São Tomé is you (very probably) don't need a visa.

a9504477 Apr 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss (Post 28240900)
Just to note that this is still widely available for TMS and DKR.

But not on the same type of plane. Last time i checked, economy priced a bit more than half of the business fare and the comfort won't be much worse there. Also, interestingly, booked into W which earns 100% in various programs.

megaloman Apr 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Is there any time of the year when they operate TMS with A330?

flockavelliFT Apr 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by a9504477 (Post 28242409)
But not on the same type of plane. Last time i checked, economy priced a bit more than half of the business fare and the comfort won't be much worse there. Also, interestingly, booked into W which earns 100% in various programs.

Interesting observation. However, this seems to be true only for UA? Please correct me if I'm wrong, just was curious.

IAN-UK Apr 29, 2017 1:43 am

Originally Posted by a9504477 (Post 28242409)
..Last time i checked, economy priced a bit more than half of the business fare and the comfort won't be much worse there. Also, interestingly, booked into W which earns 100% in various programs.

The longish flight, Lisbon to Accra, isn't going to be a comfort-fest in any of TP's A320 seats. But at least in business-class you get significantly more personal space and convenience with an empty seat next to you; and the cabin crew should give you just a tad more attention, and some OK food, before they retire behind the curtain :D

There again, you could strike lucky and get an empty seat next to you in economy class....

As for the miles, unless you are a United or Air Canada collector I don't think you'll get more than 50%. TP's own programme is a bit of mystery.

johnnywho May 3, 2017 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 28243902)
As for the miles, unless you are a United or Air Canada collector I don't think you'll get more than 50%. TP's own programme is a bit of mystery.

You are right about that. It might turn me into an UA or Air Canada collector.;)

Thanks for the info about SADC!

I wish FT would introduce a simple "thank you" button...

johnnywho May 3, 2017 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 28243902)
The longish flight, Lisbon to Accra, isn't going to be a comfort-fest in any of TP's A320 seats. But at least in business-class you get significantly more personal space and convenience with an empty seat next to you; and the cabin crew should give you just a tad more attention, and some OK food, before they retire behind the curtain :D

There again, you could strike lucky and get an empty seat next to you in economy class....

Almost 6 hours sounds quite bad on one of their A320s, even in the so-called European business class.
Especially in the first row the empty middle seat is pretty useless, since the arm rest with the integrated tray table separates the seats and can't be removed.

johnnywho May 3, 2017 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss (Post 28240900)
Just to note that this is still widely available for TMS and DKR.

TMS looks gone now - at least on gf.

Oh well, it lasted for quite a while and so far they haven't canceled my trip to MPM which I booked a month ago on April 5th.

SkyTeam Flyer May 4, 2017 1:37 am

Definitely gone now, to DKR as well.

Was very tempted in booking to TMS, seems like a very interesting destination. Sao Tome is one of the least visited countries on earth...

However 6 hours in a 320 i can do without.. :-) Did see the 330 on the LIS-DKR route though...

IAN-UK May 4, 2017 9:23 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam Flyer (Post 28265456)
.....Sao Tome is one of the least visited countries on earth......

Then try Guinea Bissau, another of TP's niche destinations 🙄.

TP was always partial to tag flights: at one time there was talk of doing São Tome through Bissau. THAT would have been fun!

SwissBritMiss May 4, 2017 9:43 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 28266941)
Then try Guinea Bissau, another of TP's niche destinations 🙄.

TP was always partial to tag flights: at one time there was talk of doing São Tome through Bissau. THAT would have been fun!

That is exactly a destination that I thought to tag on but the costs would have been significantly inflated...

Alas potential travelbuddy for Sao Tome is no longer in, so I had to pass on this one :(

Atlantico May 4, 2017 11:30 am

Fare gone today, was still available yesterday though up to APR18

N1120A May 4, 2017 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac (Post 28131605)
Has been VOA for years...

That has been inconsistent and partly based on which POE and the mood of the immigration people. Some horror stories out there, but an official shift in policy is nice.

johnnywho May 24, 2017 10:56 am

Any cancellations so far?

My trip to MPM still looks fine.