FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] TP: LGW - MPM in C - 3cpm (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1834044-prem-fare-gone-tp-lgw-mpm-c-3cpm.html)

MightyTravels Apr 5, 17 10:45 am


Originally Posted by Stewie Mac (Post 28133230)
There are very many countries in Africa that have no VOA option, and where airlines most certainly do check for a valid visa before travel. Please don't post such sweeping generalisations without at least some modicum of caveat, such as 'but I've never been to Angola/DRC/Nigeria/Cameroon so it might be different there'.

Moz is an easy one...

I have been to most African countries incl. Nigeria and Cameroon and have trips planned to DRC and Angola. I got my visa for Nigeria and Cameroon beforehand but my statement is true nevertheless.

Of course you will go with an 'unofficial' VOA - but as a last resort it's better than loosing the flights.

a9504477 Apr 5, 17 11:04 am

Do is see this correctly that to ACC and TMS there is only "european business class" (ie. empty middle seat)?

recki2016 Apr 5, 17 11:19 am


Originally Posted by a9504477 (Post 28133372)
Do is see this correctly that to ACC and TMS there is only "european business class" (ie. empty middle seat)?

yes, exactly

cheap1982 Apr 5, 17 11:20 am

Looking at the seat maps for the A340 to MPM it looks like they are using an ancient aircraft. Photos and reviews seem to indicate the same, and Google Flights lists it as angled. Anyone with evidence to the contrary? :)

nldogbert Apr 5, 17 8:17 pm

Just to update: Found the "trick" to get it to price @ 710 Euro. Though sadly they charged a 15 Euro credit card surcharge.

Thanks to the OP for sharing. Looking forward to visit Mozambique next year. Hopefully by that time TAP would have upgraded their aircraft seats (this seems to be their future plans).

Cheers!

Palal Apr 5, 17 8:51 pm


Originally Posted by cheap1982 (Post 28133458)
Looking at the seat maps for the A340 to MPM it looks like they are using an ancient aircraft. Photos and reviews seem to indicate the same, and Google Flights lists it as angled. Anyone with evidence to the contrary? :)

The only lie-flats are some of the 330s (most of which should be upgraded soon).

nldogbert Apr 5, 17 9:02 pm


Originally Posted by Palal (Post 28135789)
The only lie-flats are some of the 330s (most of which should be upgraded soon).

I wonder which information is correct. Just checked the TAP website, and I see that they listed the A340 with a 180 deg recline.

https://www.flytap.com/en-nl/tap-exp...business-class

IAN-UK Apr 6, 17 1:49 am


Originally Posted by MightyTravels (Post 28132878)

So far I have never been turned down for a visa/VOA in Africa. Nobody has ever checked my passport for a valid visa before a flight to/inside Africa either. The VOA seems to be always an option if you are patient and bring enough $$$.


You have been incredibly fortunate.

While it's true that immigration systems can exercise goodwill in exceptional situations, nobody should rely on this happening: airlines most certainly don't.

IAN-UK Apr 6, 17 2:28 am


Originally Posted by johnnywho (Post 28132381)
SADC stands for Southern African Development Community (SADC)

I just wanted to share this with the the rest of the ignorant guys around here, I had never ever heard of it myself and I guess it does not affect very many flyertalkers flying in from Europe.

Sorry, I hang my head in shame - particularly as I campaign for use of airport names introducing routes in these threads, rather than three-letter codes (outside the obvious and well known airports...).

My inadequate excuse is we were already deep in PALOP-land (Países Africanos de Língua Official Portuguese - Portuguese speaking Africa) with TMS (São Tomé) bandied about as though it were another JFK :D



SADC's been around for over 35 years: it started life with an additional C (--Coordination Conference) and some people till refer to it as SADCC.

Interestingly they are battling towards visa-free travel between member states and a Schengen-style visa for visitors to the region. But don't hold your breath..

andymac66 Apr 6, 17 7:18 am


Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 28135684)
Just to update: Found the "trick" to get it to price @ 710 Euro. Though sadly they charged a 15 Euro credit card surcharge.

Thanks to the OP for sharing. Looking forward to visit Mozambique next year. Hopefully by that time TAP would have upgraded their aircraft seats (this seems to be their future plans).

Cheers!


How did you get it down to 710 Euros? I can find It for £700 with an ota and I can't find any decent prices on ita today.

antuning Apr 7, 17 11:35 am


Originally Posted by Palal (Post 28135789)
The only lie-flats are some of the 330s (most of which should be upgraded soon).


Correct. Lie flat at TP is a very recent development (!) and if my memory serves me well, only JFK and BOS are currently served with the 2/3 aircraft with lie flat. But yes, full refurb on the way for many of the others. So expect Angled Seats

recki2016 Apr 9, 17 2:11 pm

MPM fare seems to be gone now.

SwissBritMiss Apr 28, 17 8:47 am

Just to note that this is still widely available for TMS and DKR.

TMS looks fascinating - love when these deals push me to explore more. However the 45min connections at Accra look... tight. Does anyone have experience with this connection? Dare I hope that they hold for the LIS feeder flights...?

planestupid Apr 28, 17 9:48 am


Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss (Post 28240900)
Just to note that this is still widely available for TMS and DKR.

TMS looks fascinating - love when these deals push me to explore more. However the 45min connections at Accra look... tight. Does anyone have experience with this connection? Dare I hope that they hold for the LIS feeder flights...?

LIS-ACC-TMS is the same plane.

flockavelliFT Apr 28, 17 9:55 am


Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss (Post 28240900)
Just to note that this is still widely available for TMS and DKR.

TMS looks fascinating - love when these deals push me to explore more. However the 45min connections at Accra look... tight. Does anyone have experience with this connection? Dare I hope that they hold for the LIS feeder flights...?

Thanks for bringing this up again, looks very interesting. ^

Would get me 15.2k base points with SK EB (credits 200%) for $874 without missing a day of work as the flight leaves at 9PM from LGW.

I agree, has anyone flown this and experience with the ACC connection?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:53 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.