Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Just a data point for those who booked via Expedia.

Called Expedia. Explained to them this was an error that ET made and they have opted not to honour the tickets. The agent called ET and sent a receipt for full refund after 10mins on the line.

Refund showed up in 3 days. Only lost a mere $4 to exchange rate. Much easier than the last AZ farce.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by dfs24
Just a data point for those who booked via Expedia.

Called Expedia. Explained to them this was an error that ET made and they have opted not to honour the tickets. The agent called ET and sent a receipt for full refund after 10mins on the line.

Refund showed up in 3 days. Only lost a mere $4 to exchange rate. Much easier than the last AZ farce.
I just called Expedia and selected option 3 for refund, the automated message told me I could cancel and receive full refund, all I had to do was hanging up after the message.

Has anyone successfully canceled the reservation this way and received full refund? If not I'll speak to an agent later since my reservation is still showing up.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Still no email, booking still shows but reading this thread makes me want to cancel but I promised myself I'll give this one a shot as I haven't technically got in a mistake fare this big before.

I'll be so annoyed getting yellow fever shots in BKK for no reason lol...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
I'll be so annoyed getting yellow fever shots in BKK for no reason lol...
Toronto must have taken a turn for the worst over the last couple years.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
If you are feeling vindictive, call the credit card, and they will dispute the $4, and make ET/Expedia pay for this, along with dispute fees.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by rankourabu
If you are feeling vindictive, call the credit card, and they will dispute the $4, and make ET/Expedia pay for this, along with dispute fees.
Nah. ET took 730USD, and refunded me 730USD. The USD did fluctuate a bit along the way, so this is purely due to Forex. They refunded promptly and were apologetic.

Am familiar with the charge back processes, but over $4 seems to be an incredible waste of human resource, regardless of whoever is at fault.

I've no issue with ET or any airline for that matter. I take all of these as cost of participating in an EF. If it is honoured, I save thousands. If it is not, I lose a couple of dollars. Pretty fair in my opinion.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
updates?
Cancelled on 10 Apr.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:24 pm

Am familiar with the charge back processes, but over $4 seems to be an incredible waste of human resource, regardless of whoever is at fault.

FWIW - Here is the issue... everyone who has posted here seems to have been refunded a little less than what they paid. A little odd Maybe they are playing with the exchange rate a little bit. Maybe it is normal fluctuations. But, everyone 'lost' a few dollars. I went ahead and disputed it.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Global321
FWIW - Here is the issue... everyone who has posted here seems to have been refunded a little less than what they paid. A little odd Maybe they are playing with the exchange rate a little bit. Maybe it is normal fluctuations. But, everyone 'lost' a few dollars. I went ahead and disputed it.
they ended up refunding me and i made $4 on the exchange rate, so maybe it evens out
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:23 pm

Flyertalk amazes me daily with new and new lows.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
they ended up refunding me and i made $4 on the exchange rate, so maybe it evens out
Good to know. So maybe it is just the exchange. Even still, why not cancel the transaction and keep it even.

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Another helpful post.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:25 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
+ 1 (unfortunately)
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: UAMP, DLSM, EYEG, QRPC
agreed
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
You do know that if you LOST any $$ it's due to the currency rate set by YOUR credit card company right??
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by nli007
You do know that if you LOST any $$ it's due to the currency rate set by YOUR credit card company right??
I don't think that is entirely accurate. While the rate is set by the bank, I think currency fluctuations is the correct answer. That would explain how pushmyredbutton got more back. Ethiopian issued a refund vs. canceling the charge.

I am amazed that people think that wanting all our money back is somehow wrong. I guess those criticizing us would not reach down and pick up $4 if they dropped it on the ground. Y'all are richer than me.

Last edited by Global321; Apr 27, 2017 at 9:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.