Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by dcktam
12 April
updates?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:49 pm
qsh

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
Thank you for your ongoing contact!

Kindly be informed that, your ticket has been refunded and here the below is the refund record detail for your confirmation for both tickets.

ET is quite efficient, took them less than 24 hours lol
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by qsh
Thank you for your ongoing contact!

Kindly be informed that, your ticket has been refunded and here the below is the refund record detail for your confirmation for both tickets.

ET is quite efficient, took them less than 24 hours lol
lol wow. I'm still waiting on an AA refund from over a week ago for 24 hour cancellation
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Check your ticket status under Documents on tripcase. Mine has been updated with a VOID status placed before the first leg, so it seems it's really a no-go now...
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Agreed. Problem is I need to get myself to BKK and also plan out my positioning flights YYC-YYZ which is usually pretty expensive ugh lol!

Hopefully I slide through haha
I assume you are joking.

Canada continues to be among the cheapest places in North America to Asia. (Right now, about $2500 RT in business.)
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Checked spam, nothing there. Ticket is still confirmed as well. I'll definitely attempt to fly this if I receive no further communication and play dumb lol. I need to think about back up now so I dont get stranded in BKK
you seem to be a few who does get WORNG FARE email.
hope you can fly with no probs!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:31 am

I seem to be dodging the bullet here. Just checked Tripcase and my BKK-YYZ ticket appears intact...all segments "OK to fly," in a few weeks.

Maybe because I booked on Orbitz (even tho it's merged with Expedia)?

Wish they'd say something publicly, cause I could go for other biz fares out there...

Anyone else book with Orbitz and get a cancellation email?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:18 pm

FWIW - I noticed my refund was $1 less than what I paid... opted to dispute the entire charge. At least Ethiopian will need to do some work.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
FWIW - I noticed my refund was $1 less than what I paid... opted to dispute the entire charge. At least Ethiopian will need to do some work.

There are some real delusional folks on Flyertalk
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Global321
Currency conversion???
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson

There are some real delusional folks on Flyertalk
Thank you for your valuable post.

Originally Posted by nli007
Currency conversion???
Could be. But, considering they canceled the fare, they should have to bite the bullet on any difference.

Took me all of one minute to do. It will take them a lot longer to sort through it.

If nothing happens, it cost me a minute. If it takes them hours to undo, then I got my "pound of flesh".
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:25 pm

Congratulations. You got your sweet revenge against an underpaid overworked Ethiopian employee.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by on22cz
Check your ticket status under Documents on tripcase. Mine has been updated with a VOID status placed before the first leg, so it seems it's really a no-go now...
Only you by the looks of it. Mine's still showing as fine.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
Congratulations. You got your sweet revenge against an underpaid overworked Ethiopian employee.
You are showing your ignorance on the subject now. Ethiopian corporate jobs are highly sought after and are considered (relatively) high paying with very reasonable hours. However, feel free to donate as much as you want to the airline. I am sure they would appreciate it.

Here is a list of additional Ethiopian NGOs you can donate to.

As for me, and I believe most others on this thread, I will stick with the simple premise that they offered a fare, I accepted it, they failed to honor it, I get all my money back.

Feel free to chastise everyone one who seeks all their money back.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by scott95
Only you by the looks of it. Mine's still showing as fine.
Well, I hope you are right. I see it fine on ET website and on tripcase, too. The problem is that tripcase shows it to me as 2 itineraries (with the same routing). And if I open the other one, there is a VOID note showing as a separate segment. Even though, status is still Confirmed, I guess the sudden appearance of the VOID part in the itinerary means something. And I hope you are just not looking at wrong place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.