Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:32 am
qsh

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
Dear Valued Customer

Greetings!!

Kindly forward us your ticket number or reservation code and we will refund for you with a full amount.

Regards,
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by qsh
Dear Valued Customer

Greetings!!

Kindly forward us your ticket number or reservation code and we will refund for you with a full amount.

Regards,
Lol. Did you seriously get that?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm not certain the 72 hour thing is a definitive timeline or a suggestion. What is CTA's final position on this? Has anyone actually seen them force a carrier that unilaterally reneged on a ticket to reinstate it based on any sort of "reasonable" timeline between eticket date and carrier notification?
regardless of whether it is 72 hours or not, I think one or two months, as ET has done before with the Oslo fares, is way too long. It shouldn't be the customer's fault if the airline is too incompetent to find tickets booked with an "erroneous price", IMO....
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
It's not a definitive thing, but if they say in regards to error fares that they "expect airlines to inform passengers within 72 hours since the error was noticed", I would expect the coin to have two sides. Especially if we are talking about almost triple the time taken by the airline. Of course, they can still pronounce it as airline's right to take more time, but where would be the point in making some statement if they wouldn't obey it at the very first opportunity.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by on22cz
It's not a definitive thing, but if they say in regards to error fares that they "expect airlines to inform passengers within 72 hours since the error was noticed", I would expect the coin to have two sides. Especially if we are talking about almost triple the time taken by the airline. Of course, they can still pronounce it as airline's right to take more time, but where would be the point in making some statement if they wouldn't obey it at the very first opportunity.
I absolutely agree... just hope the CTA sees it the same way.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by qsh
Dear Valued Customer

Greetings!!

Regards,
I hope you have another booking on ET which you need to cancel. Best option would be a restricted economy reservation you wouldn't be able to cancel otherwise. I would like to see what would follow as their offer was pretty clear - "You can cancel it for full refund".
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by hkgg
regardless of whether it is 72 hours or not, I think one or two months, as ET has done before with the Oslo fares, is way too long. It shouldn't be the customer's fault if the airline is too incompetent to find tickets booked with an "erroneous price", IMO....
AFAIK OSL fares are green-lighted. You may be thinking of the BRU fares a while back.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by jlisi984
AFAIK OSL fares are green-lighted. You may be thinking of the BRU fares a while back.
Haha probably. ET has so many of these instances to the extent that I lost track. Just goes to show the degree of arbitrariness in ET's handling in cases like these.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:13 pm

Uh, see above?
So, they tracked you down strictly by ticket/PNR? Even though you never contacted them or booked thru the ET website?

Wow. Guess I've been lucky so far... (bated breath)
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5-star
Originally Posted by qsh
Dear Valued Customer

Greetings!!

Regards,
I received exactly the same reply after a little protest on the first email which gave me 3 options.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by qsh
Dear Valued Customer
Greetings!!

Regards,
What is the cheapest ticket they sell on their website? Ticket that and send them the PNR as they clearly have no idea which PNRs are actually for this super special sale fare.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
This refund process was so much faster and nicer than the Alitalia mistake fares. Very surprised by Ethiopian customer service.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Lol. Did you seriously get that?
Yup, got the same thing, you have got to be kidding me. LOL. The incompetency is off the charts.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
The reason they ask for your reservation/e-ticket is to ensure that they are cancelling the right reservations. One email can be associated with many itineraries. Many of them may not be mistake fares that have already had e-tickets flagged or cancelled.

It hardly has anything to do with incompetence. But I guess you want to make the airline work for it?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by keitherson
The reason they ask for your reservation/e-ticket is to ensure that they are cancelling the right reservations. One email can be associated with many itineraries. Many of them may not be mistake fares that have already had e-tickets flagged or cancelled.

It hardly has anything to do with incompetence. But I guess you want to make the airline work for it?
I would agree with you IF I had multiple bookings associated with this fare.

The reality is I only have ONE single booking with them. They emailed me regarding this ONE single booking so they should know exactly what my reference number or eticket info is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.