Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by zaibii
Got two for Jan 1st-2018 to Feb13th-2018 BKK-YYZ Cloud 9 Deluxe
we are on the same flight
see you on board
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:25 am

deleted

Last edited by hkgg; Mar 29, 2017 at 1:33 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by vincewy
Cloud 9 Deluxe is gone but I am still seeing Cloud 9 Restricted (D) for 25K Bhat, so this is not completely dead on ET's website. Has anyone tried and booked through ET?
The price finally got updated. The feast is officially over, and show is on.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: Eastern Miles, United Mileage Plus
Booked two sets of BKK-YYZ 7.28-8.1 on Ethiopian's site, the C fare already increased when I was searching, so took the J fare instead, let's see how it'll stick
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Be aware of this from WHO vaccination overview for yellow fever and malaria for different countries around the world.
THAILAND
Country requirement: a yellow fever vaccination certificate is required for travellers over 9 months of age arriving from countries with risk of yellow fever transmission and for travellers having transited for more than 12 hours through an airport of a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.

..and...

ETHIOPIA
Yellow fever vaccine recommendation: yes
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Cannot seem to select Ethiopian on google flights, no option.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
yellow fever vaccination was $200-300 USD a person when I searched for providers in the US. 'vaccines for discretionary travel are not covered by most insurers'. Lots of high cost travel vaccine providers in big cities. Turns out you need a special permit to order/administer the vaccine (at least in PA) so 99% of doctors offices will not. A couple public health departments can special order it (paid, IIRC about half the above cost) with enough advance notice. Must be done ~2 weeks before travel date if I remember correctly.

During a stop in Cape Town, South Africa, we got vaccines at an upscale doctors office in a new shopping center on the waterfront. Printed invoice was $7.04-- $7 for the vaccine, $0.01 for the alcohol swab, and $0.03 for the plastic bandage. (I commented to them how impressed I was on their supplies billing precision.. I then had to point out that they missed an opportunity to bill me another two cents for the paper and toner.)
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Cannot seem to select Ethiopian on google flights, no option.
I ran into that too, very weird. What I did was search for ADD->DUB, select Ethiopian, then go back to searching BKK->YYZ, and was able to keep the Ethiopian filter.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
I ran into that too, very weird. What I did was search for ADD->DUB, select Ethiopian, then go back to searching BKK->YYZ, and was able to keep the Ethiopian filter.
Google Flights is quite buggy with advanced functionality like that (you can usually edit those filters in the URL), as it's really just a user-friendly skin for ITA Matrix.

I found these fares no problem on ITA, then replicated on both an OTA and the ET site.

In my experience, Google Flights is great for exploratory stuff, but to drill down into the unusual you really have to use ITA with advanced routing.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by expert7700
yellow fever vaccination was $200-300 USD a person when I searched for providers in the US. 'vaccines for discretionary travel are not covered by most insurers'. Lots of high cost travel vaccine providers in big cities. Turns out you need a special permit to order/administer the vaccine (at least in PA) so 99% of doctors offices will not. A couple public health departments can special order it (paid, IIRC about half the above cost) with enough advance notice. Must be done ~2 weeks before travel date if I remember correctly.
This is good to know.

I just want to confirm that vaccination is only needed for YYZ-BKK, but BKK-YYZ is OK?

Also how long is the vaccination certification good for? I think I can do this while in Asia and get vaccinated for next trip YYZ-ADD-BKK to save money.

... and of course, make sure this fare sticks in the end before I do all of those above.

Last edited by vincewy; Mar 29, 2017 at 9:23 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by expert7700

During a stop in Cape Town, South Africa, we got vaccines at an upscale doctors office in a new shopping center on the waterfront. Printed invoice was $7.04-- $7 for the vaccine, $0.01 for the alcohol swab, and $0.03 for the plastic bandage. (I commented to them how impressed I was on their supplies billing precision.. I then had to point out that they missed an opportunity to bill me another two cents for the paper and toner.)
Yeah here in SFO it's about $200 to get it. I was surprised at the cost actually.

If I do fly this, I likely will skip the vaccine and take my chances in BKK. Everytime I pass through there they are always so unorganized and I'd be betting they wouldn't notice or care.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:23 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Yeah here in SFO it's about $200 to get it. I was surprised at the cost actually.

If I do fly this, I likely will skip the vaccine and take my chances in BKK. Everytime I pass through there they are always so unorganized and I'd be betting they wouldn't notice or care.
I can recommend BKK as well - great service and facilities and most shots are under $20.

In California every Walgreens and CVS do shots. Download this app https://www.goodrx.com/ and show the coupon. Brings it to under $100. Some Walmart pharmacies do shots too - it's $50 then.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
I can recommend BKK as well - great service and facilities and most shots are under $20.

In California every Walgreens and CVS do shots. Download this app https://www.goodrx.com/ and show the coupon. Brings it to under $100. Some Walmart pharmacies do shots too - it's $50 then.
I'll do it in Sri Lanka for $USD5 HaHa Americans
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:54 am

I booked mine through Expedia, but it wasn't ticketed straight away. But now, I've checked my booking in Ethiopian's MMB which says it's ticketed and I've got my e ticket number. Is the booking considered safe? Or would it still be subject to change by Ethiopian's inconsistent management??
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by hkgg
I booked mine through Expedia, but it wasn't ticketed straight away. But now, I've checked my booking in Ethiopian's MMB which says it's ticketed and I've got my e ticket number. Is the booking considered safe? Or would it still be subject to change by Ethiopian's inconsistent management??
if you look on the Ethiopian twitter feed, you will see several people upset because their tickets were canceled more than 30 days after booking. (In the ones I read, they were for coach tickets.)

YMMV

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.