Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dcktam
The staff said my ticket is hold by the airlines. She didn't say suspended, but said my ticket is confirmed. Do I make a call to BKK office to cancel the ticket, or try to flight?
What date is your first flight?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
What date is your first flight?

12 April
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:51 am

The staff said my ticket is hold by the airlines. She didn't say suspended, but said my ticket is confirmed. Do I make a call to BKK office to cancel the ticket, or try to flight?
NO GO means you cannot fly, the ticket has been suspended by the airline. You still have a ticket, but you cannot fly it.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
I have called to the CS Center, the CS told me my ticket is "No Go", and ask me to make a call to their BKK office.

Do any one know what is mean of "no go"?
Why did you call ET the first place?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:41 pm

12 April
I was thinking maybe if you were flying later you could hold off and see if anyone else has issues.

Speaking of which, has anyone else received the cancellation email from ET directly? Seems they haven't sent out mass cancellations.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
Why did you call ET the first place?
Why? I can ask ET to re-confirm my tickets.

I called to mainland China office, then ask me to call Headquarter or BKK office.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:18 pm

Wrong message

Last edited by dcktam; Apr 3, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
NO GO means you cannot fly, the ticket has been suspended by the airline. You still have a ticket, but you cannot fly it.
Understood, thanks a lot.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Understood, thanks a lot.
since they already know you booked a mistake fare, they could well add this to PNR, and they can refuse to check you in at BKK. good luck.

historically, some airlines are playing hardball. For example, it is well known that SQ will just refuse to let people to check-in, and tell them the fare is too low (even it may not be ticketed by SQ.) and some people were stuck at Singapore.

Always have a backup plan if you do deals like this.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by pbd456
since they already know you booked a mistake fare, they could well add this to PNR, and they can refuse to check you in at BKK. good luck.
Using words like "error" and "mistake" doesn't do anyone any favours.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Using words like "error" and "mistake" doesn't do anyone any favours.
Agree. A big part of the problem is people with no experience with mistake fares booking them, making tons of commitments, then finding out something went wrong by calling and making a bigger mess.

Personally I prefer to book later out, well after the first people have flown, and just not make a fuss and hopefully fly under the radar. Fingers crossed for this one...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:09 pm

Given the legit business class airfares from Asia to North America this year from airlines looking to boost their share, there is no way this could or should be assumed to be a mistake fare.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Why? I can ask ET to re-confirm my tickets.

I called to mainland China office, then ask me to call Headquarter or BKK office.

Have you make a call to BKK or even their HQ yet?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Global321
Given the legit business class airfares from Asia to North America this year from airlines looking to boost their share, there is no way this could or should be assumed to be a mistake fare.
perhaps you are right. then it is definitely okay to call ET to ask for seat changes, and re-confirm the flight, right?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:54 pm

perhaps you are right. then it is definitely okay to call ET to ask for seat changes, and re-confirm the flight, right?
Generally, once a fare is gone, I don't see a problem with calling as needed. If the fare is gone, and the airline claims it was a 'mistake fare', they have already decided how they are going to handle it. At that point, IMHO, calling is irrelevant to the overall outcome. (I get this may be an unpopular opinion.)

Using online tools to change your ticket is always preferred, however, if someone can no longer access their ticket online/change seats or have other issues that cannot, for whatever reason, be handled online, what are they supposed to do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.