Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Af/cz : Tun-rep $972 rt

[PREM FARE GONE] Af/cz : Tun-rep $972 rt

Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Off-topic: Luggage storage

Hi,
Very off-topic. I will be in TUN next month and I will arrive early morning and leave late afternoon. Will only have hand-luggage/small cabin bag, I've noticed that there is no left luggage facilities at the airport. I want to go into the city center so am wondering where can I find a left luggage facility? Reading some information online suggested that some hotels in the city center will store if with a fees -which I do feel rather uncomfortable.
Another option was to rent a cheap dorm bed and use it to leave my luggage.
Any better options than this?

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
BTW, most people write about the 777 of AF but I booked for july/august 2018 and then it's a 787 CDG-CAN.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by NickB
Under the new scheme, the same itinerary (again with TUN-CDG legs coded as AF Z class and the rest coded as CZ I class) will earn 13K miles, However, with all the legs coded AF and a price of 777 all in, this would earn a miserable 2750 award miles. If all the legs were coded CZ I-class, it would earn approx 15.5K miles under the new scheme.
Are you sure that AF codes flights on 784 (CZ) stock earn per euro spend? For me that's still the biggest question.

If there are multiple airlines; how will FB ever split part of the flights to euro spend and part to miles flown?
as far as i know the new schema applies only to AF / KL stock itself. not other stock.

PS> CZ flights CDG-china do NOT fall under BlueBizz. that sucks. AMS-china do!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christravelblog
Are you sure that AF codes flights on 784 (CZ) stock earn per euro spend? For me that's still the biggest question.

If there are multiple airlines; how will FB ever split part of the flights to euro spend and part to miles flown?
as far as i know the new schema applies only to AF / KL stock itself. not other stock.
Good point. If the ticket were issued on AF/KL, I think that they could sort out the pro-rating even if there are multiple airlines but it probably is another story with tickets not issued on AF/KL paper so I think that you are right on this.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 3, 2018 at 10:11 am Reason: Fix Code on quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
Any destinations other than REP/SGN/CXR?
PQC too but I think that this is it after that.Unfortunately, it does not seem to work with HAN.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: Flyng Blue, AAdvantage, Eurobonus, Miles and more
Af/cz : Tun-rep $972 rt

Hi everyone.

Finally I booked 2 seats for this flights : TUN-CDG-CAN-SGN return for 947US$ each...
But as we leave in BOD we have to do this unbeleavable routing : BOD-CDG-TUN//TUN-CDG-CAN-SGN then SGN-CAN-CDG-TUN//TUN-CDG-BOD..
10 hours waiting for the inbound flight in PARIS (but we could explore the lounge...)
1 hour only for outbound connexion in PARIS for TUNIS and 6 hours waiting in TUNIS airport for the outbound flight ...

We have to add 280US$. So, only 1227 US$ or 1031 to do BORDEAUX-HO CHI MIN in business class (from TUN) and in economy class from BOD to TUN with a hotel night in Tunis..

Except CAN to SGN and return, all those flights are operated by AIRFRANCE with a nice 12 hours flights in the B777-200 from CDG to CAN with BEST cabin...

The business flights are under CHINASOUTHERN e-tickets and shared-code...

So lot of miles (19500) before they change rules to earn miles (4200 miles with their new "system"..)...

Dont miss my reports on www.flight-report.com
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K
are the longhauls operated by AF or Cz?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
are the longhauls operated by AF or Cz?
All the info is in the thread already.. Both possible, AF is better, but doesn't fly to CAN every day.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I can't book one of these to save my life. It's always $2K+ no matter what I use, even though google flights and matrix always show 900+

GRRR
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by notsosmart
I can't book one of these to save my life. It's always $2K+ no matter what I use, even though google flights and matrix always show 900+

GRRR
use a TA! Very simple
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by notsosmart

GRRR
kayak , momondo try those
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: Many
If the intention is to accrue miles on a Skyteam FFP one should hurry to book and fly this one as the rumour of CZ going to OneWorld is intensifying.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
So this one appears gone for the moment. Was awaiting my holiday schedule for next year in order to book this, but J-fares around this level aren't permanent i guess.

Does anyone know if the fare posted here back in March has been available for the past 9 months or if it's been on and off. That is, is the fare likely to return?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by groovyfly
So this one appears gone for the moment. Was awaiting my holiday schedule for next year in order to book this, but J-fares around this level aren't permanent i guess.

Does anyone know if the fare posted here back in March has been available for the past 9 months or if it's been on and off. That is, is the fare likely to return?
TUN-SGN and TUN-REP were permanent fares.
With TUN-CXR these were 3 excellent deals... again killed by SecretFlying shouting error fares to the world !!!
When these guys would understand that they could earn enough money displaying only good deals without the need to kill super good deals ???
christravelblog likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Matt4
When these guys would understand that they could earn enough money displaying only good deals without the need to kill super good deals ???
Yes keep the super good deals on some forums and don't give it to much thought. book and let it go away.
in the Netherlands we have a new site "errorfares.nl"
yeah. and the guy says "We should not put to much notice on error fares as to not kill it" YEAH hell make site

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.