Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I (admittedly) haven't read the fare rules, but I was able to price up a 7 months stopover in ITA several weeks ago - that's why I assumed it was 12 months, as like you say, it is typically 6 months on the majority of fares.
FWIW, every stopover that I have priced works in 2018 (through EOS, obv.)

Last edited by notsosmart; Oct 7, 2017 at 8:15 pm
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I (admittedly) haven't read the fare rules, but I was able to price up a 7 months stopover in ITA several weeks ago - that's why I assumed it was 12 months, as like you say, it is typically 6 months on the majority of fares.
I don’t think there is this restriction. My issued ticket contains a more than 6 months stopover.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi all,
I am looking at pulling the trigger on this. Next April /May for Ł1500. Ok ish price. Can I do a stopover in LHR on the way back (live near Manchester) and use the LHR-CAI 6 months later? Couldn't understand the rules easily on matrix. Any help would be gratefully accepted.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi all,
I am looking at pulling the trigger on this. Next April /May for Ł1500. Ok ish price. Can I do a stopover in LHR on the way back (live near Manchester) and use the LHR-CAI 6 months later? Couldn't understand the rules easily on matrix. Any help would be gratefully accepted.
Yes, you can do this. I priced something up this afternoon that had a 6+ month stopover. The only issue you will have is that if your ticket starts April/May then the latest you can book at the moment is approx the first week in September. If you wish your LHR-CAI to be later in 2018, you will need to wait to book your ticket until your date falls into the booking window (355 days).
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:12 pm

Yes, you can do this. I priced something up this afternoon that had a 6+ month stopover. The only issue you will have is that if your ticket starts April/May then the latest you can book at the moment is approx the first week in September. If you wish your LHR-CAI to be later in 2018, you will need to wait to book your ticket until your date falls into the booking window (355 days).
Thank you rossmacd. Do I need to book the flights the dates upfront or do I book the tickets for April or May and then ring BA after to change the flights?
Sorry a newby since never done a stopover in middle of a itinerary before.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:18 pm

Thank you rossmacd. Do I need to book the flights the dates upfront or do I book the tickets for April or May and then ring BA after to change the flights?
Sorry a newby since never done a stopover in middle of a itinerary before.
You should book exactly what you want at the time of booking, as the fare is restricted and any changes will incur a change fee (very small on this fare, thankfully) but could experience a re-price of your fare if the respective fare classes are not available at the time of the change.

If you post your exact dates/route, I can tell you when to book your ticket.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:31 pm

Hi rossmacd. Many thanks for the advice. Routing wise CAI to either OGG or HNL and back from OGG (if went into HNL) or vice versa. Prefer not to do Alaskan via SEA since don't get BA tier points. (Working towards retaining Gold). Prefer Saturday or Sunday departure. Dates are latter part of April or Early May. Ideally on the way back stop the itinerary in LHR and then use the unused portion to CAI later in the year but not set date yet.
If I can get a JFK routing to get a transcon for an extra 140 tier points for same price, even better but not a deal breaker. Hope that makes sense. Really appreciate your help.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Hi all,
You could do a stop in MAN on the way back by using one of the direct TATL flights to there. Also, you can fly in to LHR for your stopover but continue your journey from MAN.

Last edited by Tafflyer; Oct 8, 2017 at 4:43 pm
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: NZ
Dselvan - I would book this directly with BA on the phone and ask if they will allow a free date change of the LHR/CAI sector as the date you want is currently not in range. Many airlines will do this, but you need to get something noted in the booking at the outset.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:22 pm

I'm having trouble getting anything on this to price on ITA. Is there a special date range to take from?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by poohfighter
I'm having trouble getting anything on this to price on ITA. Is there a special date range to take from?
What are you trying to book?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: A3 *G
I found out that is is possible to have two sectors before flying TATL. So in my case ( I live close to Cracow in Poland) I can have itienary like this:
CAI-LHR <few weeks> KRK-LHR-NYC ........... MIA-LHR,KRK-LHR-CAI.

Flight beetwen KRK and LHR is in R class and raises total price for about 50 USD which is OK to me.

Last edited by tasma; Oct 9, 2017 at 9:45 am
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by tasma
I found out that is is possible to have two sectors before flying TATL. So in my case ( I live close to Cracow in Poland) I can have itienary like this:
CAI-LHR <few weeks> KRK-LHR-NYC ........... MIA-LHR-KRK,LHR-CAI.
Of course I'm going to miss last sector to CAI.
Flight beetwen KRK and LHR is in R class and raises total price for about 50 USD which is OK to me.
Yes, many people have done this - essentially it is a good way of getting a positioning flight for those that do not live in the vicinity of LHR (or another TATL departure point).
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
You could do a stop in MAN on the way back by using one of the direct TATL flights to there. Also, you can fly in to LHR for your stopover but continue your journey from MAN.
HI Tafflyer
Many thanks for the suggestion. Didn't think I would be able to do that. Prices seems to jump when I do that but I will ring BA and see what they can do.
Many thanks
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by minz56
Dselvan - I would book this directly with BA on the phone and ask if they will allow a free date change of the LHR/CAI sector as the date you want is currently not in range. Many airlines will do this, but you need to get something noted in the booking at the outset.
Hi minz56,
BA are pricing this higher for some reason. I will ring them today and see what they can do.
many thanks for your advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.