Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Finally booked mine for Ł1230, CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-PHX-JFK-LHR-CAI, earning 1120TP.

Two of the nights are spent on overnight flights (HNL-PHX and JFK-LHR), so only need one night in NYC, one in LA, one in HNL (book-ended with CAI airport hotel), which keeps the hotel costs down.

Also thank you FT ppl for the assistance, it's all helped.

Last edited by mmxbreaks; Oct 3, 2017 at 1:09 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Nope; I had it set to Cairo because evidently, I like to make life difficult for myself!

I must have mis-read further up-thread.

Massive thanks Airprox and rossmacd!

M
^

What routing did you go for?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by skay86
To finally make it back to Gold this membership year - and thanks to FT - I'm booked on a CAI-HNL run this month @1020 TP/1500 USD.

Just a quick question to those with recent exCAI experience, as I haven't found anything clear in other threads:

Re the "laptop ban": it is my understanding that - unlike Egyptair (!) - this currently still applies to BA flights. According to the gov.uk website, only laptops, tablets and large phones + their accessories are banned. Having been to a lot of countries in the region, I know that they sometimes have their own interpretation of rules. So has anyone taken a larger DSLR camera + lenses/gear and/or a small point-and-shoot on the BA154? Or will I end up in pointless discussions with local security?
The Laptop ban still applied when I flew this a few weeks ago. They allowed me to take my DLSR/lens on board; however I had to check my laptop and throw out my power bank.
skay86 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by rossmacd
^

What routing did you go for?
I'm on hold to the GGL team trying to book it, but CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI - with LHR-JFK / JFK-LHR in F through a Joker+GUF1 (more so to use them up opposed to for comfort benefits!).

Annoyingly, I've just checked, and discovered that my TransCons are showing up as Business opposed to First - which looks wrong because it means I'm not in the 1-1 layout but the 2-2. Now I know the Fare Brackets element changed recently, but I didn't realise it wouldn't book me into the F cabin. Help?

I also managed to get the positioning flights on Avios, so if anyone happens to be flying to CAI on 2nd December, I'll see you onboard!

M
rossmacd likes this.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Oct 3, 2017 at 2:34 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm on hold to the GGL team trying to book it, but CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI - with LHR-JFK / JFK-LHR in F through a Joker+GUF1 (more so to use them up opposed to for comfort benefits!).

I also managed to get the positioning flights on Avios, so if anyone happens to be flying to CAI on 2nd December, I'll see you onboard!

M
I'm travelling a week later 9/10 December
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:57 pm

Annoyingly, I've just checked, and discovered that my TransCons are showing up as Business opposed to First - which looks wrong because it means I'm not in the 1-1 layout but the 2-2. Now I know the Fare Brackets element changed recently, but I didn't realise it wouldn't book me into the F cabin. Help?
The A-class loophole on Transcons was closed some weeks ago. You'll be sitting in J.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by rossmacd
The A-class loophole on Transcons was closed some weeks ago. You'll be sitting in J.
Drat - I was hoping that the seating loophole was still open, albeit the A-Class TP hole was closed.

Thanks for confirming, and for all your help rossmacd

M
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Has anyone managed to book online on any airline or OTA website?

Due to a busy travel schedule the next days I won't be able to call during the call center hours.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by hotwingz

Due to a busy travel schedule the next days I won't be able to call during the call center hours.
Perhaps try the bookwithmatrix add-on?

M
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

Ask the social media team on twitter, they call you back with everything priced up, so you'll just have to confirm dates/times and pay. They work 24h.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:15 pm

How to connect with travel agent on Twitter out through this forum

Originally Posted by megaloman
Ask the social media team on twitter, they call you back with everything priced up, so you'll just have to confirm dates/times and pay. They work 24h.
can you share the twitter name. I'd like to engage a travel agent for this routing
​​g and price.

Last edited by rbauerkenya; Oct 3, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:03 pm

Perhaps try the bookwithmatrix add-on?

M
Bookwithmatrix will not work here - BA's website is not good enough to handle this in my experience.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:06 pm

Try @dutch_122 on here - PM him your journey and he will book for you in BA's systems. He is fantastic to help in situations here. All you then do is call BA to pay for the reservation - takes all of 3 minutes to do so (calling the sales line gets answered quickly) and you can use any one of the global office numbers that are open - there is always several contact centres open at whatever time of the day in multiple countries.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Has BA pulled availability on a lot of routes? I am looking at CAI-HNL-ORD-CAI with stop in ORD. It is rather simple, with no ff fireworks. Till yesterday I was able to price many routes on OTAs but nothing today.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
Has BA pulled availability on a lot of routes? I am looking at CAI-HNL-ORD-CAI with stop in ORD. It is rather simple, with no ff fireworks. Till yesterday I was able to price many routes on OTAs but nothing today.
The fare is still live, and there is availability (going out into summer 2018). You may have been beaten to the availability of closer in bookings by someone else. BA seem to be managing/limiting the I class availability on CAI-LHR and LHR-CAI which makes finding one of these a little more challenging than usual, however, no major changes that I can see in the last few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.