Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by haroon145
For Ł1343 + 45,000 avios
i booked cai to Mia via lhr
mia to dfw 777 flat seat
dfw to hnl 777
hnl to dfw 777
dfw to sjc
sjc to lhr

dublin to lhr to Cairo 5 months later

lhr to miami a380 and sjc to london upgraded to first

i think this is a great deal right?
It is a good deal...

Last edited by nk15; Sep 22, 2017 at 1:09 am
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Moving forward on this fare, I would suggest to do keep the discussions to essential things - e.g tips on using ITA, where to book, availability, etc
Please do not encourage discussions which are just there to inflate our ego that e.g who got the best most mileage/TP gaining routing or the already gone "free confirmed" first class upgrade.
it's not wanting anything to be kept secret, but why wake sleeping dogs/cats/lions
Yesterday was about the A fare, ...soon we'll be pointing fingers on why the fare is gone....
There is the PM function you know....

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; Sep 22, 2017 at 1:31 am
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
It works in ITA...also in OTAs. This has the BA coded TATL segments on AA metal.

https://www.priceline.com/m/fly/sear...0&num-youths=0
Thanks to this help (and another comment to be careful about the booking city), I got it booked. The variant I booked was

Apr 1st: CAI-LHR-JFK
Apr 8th: JFK-LAX-LIH (Kauai)
Apr 10th: LIH-LAX
Apr 13th: LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI

Cost was $1820. I booked it through the BA call center. The agent waived the booking fee, saying "there's obviously no way to book something like this online". ITA Matrix priced the fair at $1649. Not sure why the difference.

One thing I discovered: when entering the booking city on ITA Matrix, you can't enter a three-letter airport code. You have to type in the city name and then pick it from the auto-suggest drop-down box. Typing LON is sufficient. Even if you pick LON, you can enter USD as the currency if that's easier for you.

I used ExpertFlyer to make a big spreadsheet with availability in I-class for all of my flights for March and April.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhaines94108
Thanks to this help (and another comment to be careful about the booking city), I got it booked. The variant I booked was

Apr 1st: CAI-LHR-JFK
Apr 8th: JFK-LAX-LIH (Kauai)
Apr 10th: LIH-LAX
Apr 13th: LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI

Cost was $1820. I booked it through the BA call center. The agent waived the booking fee, saying "there's obviously no way to book something like this online". ITA Matrix priced the fair at $1649. Not sure why the difference.

One thing I discovered: when entering the booking city on ITA Matrix, you can't enter a three-letter airport code. You have to type in the city name and then pick it from the auto-suggest drop-down box. Typing LON is sufficient. Even if you pick LON, you can enter USD as the currency if that's easier for you.

I used ExpertFlyer to make a big spreadsheet with availability in I-class for all of my flights for March and April.
You need to use a city code rather than an airport code for the sales city.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This fare surviving despite all these BA call center calls...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Thanks to all of you guys. Last Wednesday, I was able to find I availability for my flight in April 2018 and it was ticketed yesterday. I can also see on BA's website the TP I will get after the trip which is 1120 Paid 13,763SEK or $1,724. Looking forward to this trip. Again, thanks a lot
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Thanks to all of you guys. Last Wednesday, I was able to find I availability for my flight in April 2018 and it was ticketed yesterday. I can also see on BA's website the TP I will get after the trip which is 1120 Paid 13,763SEK or $1,724. Looking forward to this trip. Again, thanks a lot
Hi,

What routing did you book?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Routing

Originally Posted by haroon145
Hi,

What routing did you book?
I booked CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI.

Tried to book A class between JFK and LAX (on the same day somebody wrote A class was no longer allowed). Unfortunately, it rebooked to Y (altho showing 2pcs luggage) so I changed it to I class in the end.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver
At the risk of being very 'newb', what are the stopover options>
w/e on CAI
main holiday in HNL
is a S/O in MIA or DFW also possible?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sl1ppy
w/e on CAI
main holiday in HNL
In the US: DFW, LAX, SEA, JFK, PHX, and MIA, but not all would be bookable all dates.

Last edited by nk15; Sep 23, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sl1ppy
w/e on CAI
main holiday in HNL
There are no restrictions.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15
In the US: DFW, LAX, SEA, JFK, PHX, and MIA, but all would be bookable all dates.
Not sure where this list came from (perhaps based on some transit rules that I overlooked), but I can attest that both AUS and SFO are definitely available as well. Since AS is a valid carrier, I'd expect that SEA, PDX, SAN, and SJC would work fine as well. [It would be useful to know why any N.A. city wouldn't be valid.]
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Not sure where this list came from (perhaps based on some transit rules that I overlooked), but I can attest that both AUS and SFO are definitely available as well. Since AS is a valid carrier, I'd expect that SEA, PDX, SAN, and SJC would work fine as well. [It would be useful to know why any N.A. city wouldn't be valid.]
That's from what people here have reported to have booked...I have tried other cities (ORD, MSP, DTW, CVG, ATL, the first of which is an OneWorld hub on the way to HNL) unsuccessfully (but I had some dates restrictions). Obviously I mean for the $1700-1800 price range, above that you can book whatever you want, lol..
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
The list is not complete. Any city on any route will serve as a stopover.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15
That's from what people here have reported to have booked...I have tried other cities (ORD, MSP, DTW, CVG, ATL, the first of which is an OneWorld hub on the way to HNL) unsuccessfully (but I had some dates restrictions). Obviously I mean for the $1700-1800 price range, above that you can book whatever you want, lol..
After confirming the availability of CAI - LHR and TATL availability in "I" classs, ITA Matrix users are reminded to not constrain U.S. domestic flights to AA or BA (or Oneworld Alliance carriers), and also to not leave the Sales City field blank. Given the extensive N.A. networks of both AA and AS, absent an indirect, circle routing, virtually any N.A. stopover(s) should be possible...without excess mileage surcharges.

Last edited by jbalmuth; Sep 23, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.