Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
Any dates to reduce this trip to just a few days and obtain the $1844 rate? My annual leave can't accommodate the dates (4th-19th Apr) as previously mentioned
Available April 4-8/9/10 for $1813, should also give you DFW for $1844 if you play with it.

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sear...ww.expedia.com

NOTE: Check all the segments CAREFULLY, some may be in economy, but there are some all in business at this price (the all business are the expensive ones at $1,819, lol)

Last edited by nk15; Sep 12, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
ime, permitting ITA to default to Cairo (for this and some other ex-Egypt fares) as the sales city has resulted in some very, very curious outputs. I've had good success when using LHR as the sales city.
Yes, for me LHR or any other European city did it the other day, gave me $1646 for mixed codes and $1717 for BA codes, but then nothing was bookable.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:56 pm

Spent a lot of time today going through this thread and finally making some headway with using ITA.

My objectives were:
1) Try to do it over a weekend
2) Spend as much time in LA as possible
3) Spend no nights in hotels in NYC or HNL
4) Maximize TP efficiency

Here was my input:

Here was the output:

Questions:
1) I put "f bc=i" in the extension code field. What does this actually do? Does this try to find transcon Business that books into F?
2) Does A321 (sharklets) mean the transcon A321. IE this one
3) The LAX/HNL flights are showing as First (I). Does this mean 3 class F and 210 tier points per flight?
4) Is 2 hours enough connection time at JFK? What happens if I miss it because of long immigration line? (would have hand baggage only)
5) If what I think is happening with the First(I) HNL flights is tue, is it possible to get the JFK-LAX segments in First (I) too. If so, what is the best method to search for such availability?
6) Once I have found these, where should I go to actually ticket these?

Sorry for all the questions, this is all quite new to me. Fascinating tool!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Spent a lot of time today going through this thread and finally making some headway with using ITA.

My objectives were:
1) Try to do it over a weekend
2) Spend as much time in LA as possible
3) Spend no nights in hotels in NYC or HNL
4) Maximize TP efficiency

Here was my input:

Here was the output:

Questions:
1) I put "f bc=i" in the extension code field. What does this actually do? Does this try to find transcon Business that books into F?
2) Does A321 (sharklets) mean the transcon A321. IE this one
3) The LAX/HNL flights are showing as First (I). Does this mean 3 class F and 210 tier points per flight?
4) Is 2 hours enough connection time at JFK? What happens if I miss it because of long immigration line? (would have hand baggage only)
5) If what I think is happening with the First(I) HNL flights is tue, is it possible to get the JFK-LAX segments in First (I) too. If so, what is the best method to search for such availability?
6) Once I have found these, where should I go to actually ticket these?

Sorry for all the questions, this is all quite new to me. Fascinating tool!
f bc=i means fare class with Booking Class is I (you notice there are I class on the segments)

I class is I class, you will earn 140 tier points. Ignore the first which is a marketing.

all JFK LAX AA flights have flat bed in business class.

call BA would be one way.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
ime, permitting ITA to default to Cairo (for this and some other ex-Egypt fares) as the sales city has resulted in some very, very curious outputs. I've had good success when using LHR as the sales city.
The fare discussed in this thread may not be sold in Egypt.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbd456
f bc=i means fare class with Booking Class is I (you notice there are I class on the segments)
It means the fare prime code is I. The actual booking class on any particular sector may differ, depending on the booking code exceptions table.

This is why ITA added the Cabin Code feature.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I see the Ł1249 price quoted isn't available anymore, I literally seen it for 1 date at Ł1600~ price is long gone. especially seeing as @Frequent flyer 101 has unticked show available seats
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
When trying to price out an itinerary on ITA, no matter what sales city I enter (LHR, BOS, YVR, CAI, etc.) I get an error message "is not a valid value for x.salesCity

Any ideas or work-arounds?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
It means the fare prime code is I. The actual booking class on any particular sector may differ, depending on the booking code exceptions table.

This is why ITA added the Cabin Code feature.
do u know how to check the booking code exceptions table on expertflyer?

i cant find where it says if I=0, use A...
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
do u know how to check the booking code exceptions table on expertflyer?

i cant find where it says if I=0, use A...
Booking class info on the right of fare rules, close to rules and rotuing rules. As i noted earlier A class is only possible if I is sold out/ closed and the intra US flight is BA coded/ marketed. Very simple.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I see the Ł1249 price quoted isn't available anymore, I literally seen it for 1 date at Ł1600~ price is long gone. especially seeing as @Frequent flyer 101 has unticked show available seats
The fare is still filed in the GDS. The difficulty is finding I class on CAI-LHR, which has become scarce. You also need I on LAX-HNL, which is better but not always abundant. With this kind of fare it is often easier to find availability first and only try to price the itinerary later, as you are stretching the patience of most pricing engines.

The Ł1600 price is from a different fare to the one discussed in this thread, I guess the RRCME fare? (Unless you are adding stops in London that are incurring APD).
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
Booking class info on the right of fare rules, close to rules and rotuing rules. As i noted earlier A class is only possible if I is sold out/ closed and the intra US flight is BA coded/ marketed. Very simple.
very nice
KINGDOM-RUSSIA - EUROPE
VIA BA I REQUIRED WHEN AVAILABLE I- FARES WITHIN
USA
VIA BA A PERMITTED I- FARES WITHIN USA
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:59 am

very nice
KINGDOM-RUSSIA - EUROPE
VIA BA I REQUIRED WHEN AVAILABLE I- FARES WITHIN
USA
VIA BA A PERMITTED I- FARES WITHIN USA
What does this Russia bit mean?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

btw - did anyone manage to route this on the BA001 or BA002 flight? No matter how I try, it either comes back with no results or routes me from LCY to LHR. I did not see any restriction in the fare basis that BA001/002 is exempted.
Or just that I-fares are not available (but this means that the I-fare in this combination for this flight has been zero'ed out or as scarce as a pink diamond...)

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; Sep 13, 2017 at 3:30 am
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by nldogbert
btw - did anyone manage to route this on the BA001 or BA002 flight? No matter how I try, it either comes back with no results or routes me from LCY to LHR. I did not see any restriction in the fare basis that BA001/002 is exempted.
Or just that I-fares are not available (but this means that the I-fare in this combination for this flight has been zero'ed out or as scarce as a pink diamond...)

Cheers!
Roughly when are you looking at?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.