Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:49 am
AOH

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
What is the best price you could get? Was the booking class I or a different booking class?
When I checked they were mostly near 3K.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:50 am
AOH

Originally Posted by dutch_122
AOH, NA-Flyer,

NA-Flyer,

Around €1490 CAI-LHR//DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-JFK-LHR-CAI April 2018.
Many more routings possible, some also increase price.

AOH,

December it's possible, not easy, can be done, but you need flexibility.
June 2018 easier.

Thanks so much! I'll check that specific combination. Do you have links by any chance? I'm quite new to all this and it would be very helpful
Thanks again!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Dear all

After using ITA Matrix again after a long long time I managed to price up a decent CAI to HNL itinerary (via LHR,JFK,LAX both ways) on the I class fare for November this year.

When trying to take these quotes to the next level to actually purchase with ITA browser tools (which pushes the data into the engines) AA just gives up and returns error messages. Entering the flights manually into AA multi-city ends up in a quote $600-700 more than ITA for the same flights, clearly can't seem to get the same fare basis?(IRCME)

On the few occasions I have actually managed to get a price on Priceline (without them giving up and instead suggesting a raft of bad alternatives), whenever the underlying itinerary on ITA Matrix has the JFK/LAX sectors in class A (First), the Priceline price increases significantly vs the original ITA Matrix quote: by $500 if one transcon is chosen in A, $1000 if both. Anyone else encountered this?

was just feeling proud of myself for figuring out basics of ITA again and now rather stuck!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
If you have an ITA itinerary with all of the dates/flights/classes of service that you'd like, I advise just calling in to the BAEC Gold line to make your reservation and purchase your tickets. I advise calling during U.K. working hours (when the "real" Gold desk is open).

YMMV, but it worked a charm for us yesterday morning, and didn't take very long at all as we had all the dates/flights etc. ready to dictate. In addition to being very efficient and friendly, there's no telephone booking charge for Golds.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:23 pm

embarassing - I am not gold anymore and havent updated my profile! This run is to try and get back to gold ha

Wonder if their normal helpline will be as adept at booking something like this which has 8 sectors!?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
I've had good luck using Amex Travel on these - was able to price online using multi-city.

Good luck!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by dutch_122
AOH, NA-Flyer,

NA-Flyer,

Around €1490 CAI-LHR//DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-JFK-LHR-CAI April 2018.
Many more routings possible, some also increase price.
Adding a sufface sector after LON saves on ridiculous UK APD for premium classes, substituting DUB with Moscow on both ends makes this 1540 TPs in case transcons are booked to A class HEL will be a bit less.

Added and removed
surftb15 likes this.

Last edited by Keter; Aug 30, 2017 at 1:38 pm
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Keter
Adding a sufface sector after LON saves on ridiculous UK APD for premium classes, substituting DUB with Moscow on both ends makes this 1540 TPs in case transcons are booked to A class HEL will be a bit less.
Link?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nh1980
Anyone else encountered this?

was just feeling proud of myself for figuring out basics of ITA again and now rather stuck!
With really complex fare constructions on ITA, I've found the only reliable way to ticket is with https://bookwithmatrix.com/

They take the fare construction directly from ITA matrix. I've booked once with them before when I couldn't get it to price out properly anywhere else.

Some details I learned from my email correspondence with the owner/operator.

The guy who runs it has some sort of arrangement with an actual ticketing agency. A PNR gets created automatically when you make a booking, so you can see the reservation with the airline. It can take some time to fully ticket though, so be aware of that.

There is a $15 service fee. Cancellations (before it gets ticketed) are free, no service fee charged. Ticketing only occurs M-F during normal (North American) business hours. So if you book late on friday, it would be "on hold" till Monday. After it's been ticketed, you have the standard 24hr cancellation window. However at this point the $15 service fee is applied, in addition to a $15 cancellation fee that the ticketing agency charges.

All in all it seems reasonable to me, especially when there are no other OTAs that will price out an ITA itinerary.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:24 am

Thank you very much andresmdn. I indeed looked at bookwithmatrix and installed it in Chrome to enable the fare to be taken from ITA matrix; unfortunately the three options it gave (priceline, flightnetwork and aa) to make the booking all failed.

I also tried ITA Powertools which gives several more booking options; most failed except Priceline however it priced it at double the price.

Thanks to the supremely kind help on this forum I have now managed to book the trip.
aktchi likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by nh1980
Thanks to the supremely kind help on this forum I have now managed to book the trip.
Where? Did you get the ITA price or had to pay more? Why this sudden suspense and secrecy?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:10 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by aktchi
Where? Did you get the ITA price or had to pay more? Why this sudden suspense and secrecy?
My guess is someone pm'd nh1980 and done it for him/her in a GDS.
Of course if I am wrong and this was booked in a publicly available system, please tell more...
aktchi likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:26 pm

I need some help booking too, if anyone can PM.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:38 pm

Same problem

I can't seem to get anything near the original quoted fare either, so if anyone is able to do a step by step guide us novices will be indebted! I've even lifted the exact screen print itineraries previously shown with no success, even though I got availability on BA from CAI.

help!😞
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:07 pm

Finally booked this...

CAI LHR/ DUB LHR/ JFK LAX (A class) / HNL and return.

I enlisted the services of a very nice agent here. Very smooth process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.