Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Old Sep 28, 17, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jbalmuth View Post
In comparison to what? In my recent experience, both T2 and T3 at CAI were definitely nicer than T3 at LHR, or T7 at JFK. The food at the VIP lounge in T2 definitely wasn't CX LHR T3 quality, but it was as nice as anything I've had recently at a BA Gallery Lounge.

The older terminals at CAI were pretty dreadful, and maybe the reviews you read focused on them.

The rooms at the nearby LeMeredian (walking bridge from T3) are comfortable, spacious, and if you have any SPG points, typically a very good bargain.
http://www.airlinequality.com/airpor...irport/page/1/ Here's the source, it's fairly unequivocal. Page after page. Fairly grim reading. It would appear the facilities are fine, the problem being with what happens, or doesn't happen within them.

As it happens I will be seeing CAI for myself. Have a couple of weeks in Egypt coming up so will be experiencing a conventional arrival (being met, insh'allah) and departure. The query which prompted this discussion concerned an additional nested trip to take advantage of the CAI-HNL fares, which involved a LHR-CAI-LHR turnaround. No need to make a decision right away, will do the HNL gig but who knows, may get to LHR on the way back and fall asleep in the lounge. Through exhaustion. A missed flight with HBO ought not to inconvenience anyone overly....
Old Sep 28, 17, 6:12 am
p78

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
C’est ça?
I couldn't find it on matrix
price over 2000GBP
any tips or fare ended?
Old Sep 28, 17, 6:25 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by p78 View Post
I couldn't find it on matrix
price over 2000GBP
any tips or fare ended?
Definitely still there. I think it is user error.
Old Sep 28, 17, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
And you're gonna need that drink to get your mind off what may have been loaded in the cargo, hopefully nothing bad...fingers crossed...I know I will be praying on the way out...
Silly
Old Sep 28, 17, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by G-ARVE View Post

Is CAI really that bad??
Of course it isn't. But it's not a walk in the park either.
Old Sep 28, 17, 7:50 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA Gold
C’est ça?
@rossmacd example above nets 53332 for 1200 TP's on BA if you used a GUF on the BA legs that could be increased by another 180 TP's to 1380 which is less than £1 / TP
Old Sep 28, 17, 7:55 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by cgtechuk View Post
@rossmacd example above nets 53332 for 1200 TP's on BA if you used a GUF on the BA legs that could be increased by another 180 TP's to 1380 which is less than £1 / TP
Note: this one is only 1,100 TPs.

The route I put above could only be GUF'd on the LHR-LAS sector, as the return TATL is operated by AA (not GUF'able), therefore only only additional 70 TPs possible (140 --> 210 for the LHR-LAS), making a total of 1,170 TPs. I'm not sure I would waste a GUF on only a single sector, in my opinion, but others may wish to do so.

You could, of course, take a BA operated service back to LHR that could be GUF'd, giving an additional 70 TPs on top, but a different routing would have to be used.

Last edited by rossmacd; Sep 28, 17 at 8:08 am
Old Sep 28, 17, 8:45 am

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Silly
I don't know, taking off from CAI is a good "making sign of the cross" moment...

Mostly when you realize how narrow BA 788 CW seats are, lol...

Last edited by nk15; Sep 28, 17 at 9:56 am
Old Sep 28, 17, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver
There'e recent talk of using SV -
1 - Why - dry airline?
2 - What routes does this open?

I actually want to visit CAI as a holiday destination

Last edited by sl1ppy; Sep 29, 17 at 12:24 am
Old Sep 28, 17, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR PLT, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by sl1ppy View Post
1 - Why - dry airline?
That talk was about a poster interested to connect to an SV flight on a separate ticket after completing his BA trip ending in CAI. Probably he has some work to do in KSA.
Old Sep 28, 17, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; DL
Originally Posted by sl1ppy View Post
1 - Why - dry airline?
I actually want to visit CAI as a holiday destination!!!
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
That talk was about a poster interested to connect to an SV flight on a separate ticket after completing his BA trip ending in CAI. Probably he has some work to do in KSA.
I had originally planed CAI runs as USA-CAI on BA and CAI-onwards on QR. My main interest was AA EQDs and miles, but of course no harm in throwing in actual visits, business or pleasure. The QR fiasco changed the second part of that equation and I have not found a good substitute.

So, how it stands now is that I use USA-CAI (BA) for the original purpose, but then I'd either fly back or optionally fly in the region with no MR angle, just some place I need to go and decide based on schedule and price. I don't much care for booze, but certainly understand if many do.

SV came up as a convenient option for one such destination. However, I have used/booked Kuwait, Gulf, Oman too. Each time I can't help feeling how many EQDs and miles I am missing that I would have eared on QR.

I am confused about "what routes does this open". Like all airlines, SV will first fly to one of its hubs and then you can go anywhere it flies to.

Last edited by aktchi; Sep 28, 17 at 10:57 pm
Old Sep 29, 17, 2:52 am

Smile Losing the will!

On the verge of tossing my laptop down a 14-storey drop looking for dates for CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI in March/April (flexible dates) over 9-12 days.

I have read every thread and can see the fare's still live but some mysterious OW gods are working against me.

Any help would be much, much appreciated!
Old Sep 29, 17, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by crthomson View Post
On the verge of tossing my laptop down a 14-storey drop looking for dates for CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI in March/April (flexible dates) over 9-12 days.

I have read every thread and can see the fare's still live but some mysterious OW gods are working against me.

Check your PM
mrwzee likes this.
Old Sep 29, 17, 3:05 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by crthomson View Post

Um...maybe because this fare is CAI-HNL, not CAI-LAX...?
Old Sep 29, 17, 4:07 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR PLT, IHG PLT
Um...maybe because this fare is CAI-HNL, not CAI-LAX...?
Yeah I noticed the same thing

Search this Thread