Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15
Wow, are you saying that their actual route may be something like LHR-LAX/NYC and they are using this fare to get there, interesting, lol...That's next level stuff...
Well, for instance, I want to go to LAS for a weekend. I could do something boring like LHR-LAS-LHR. But it's cheaper for me to do CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-LAS-LHR-CAI, with a stopover in LAS, including positioning.

The sad thing is that I don't have time to squeeze in all those sectors. :'(
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
it is not the positioning, me and 5 other in my family was in cairo in last 3 weeks to position for another deal. i am in the middle of 2 different round the world ticket and dont have time to squeeze in another trip as i m literally just flying through a continent without doing anything.
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Calchas
Well, for instance, I want to go to LAS for a weekend. I could do something boring like LHR-LAS-LHR. But it's cheaper for me to do CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-LAS-LHR-CAI, with a stopover in LAS, including positioning.

I see, interesting stuff to think about...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: JPrivilege, DL, UA, JAL, ANA, Krisflyer, Korean, AsiaMiles, BA, AA, EY, EK, Virgin, avianca, Iberia

CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-LAS-LHR-CAI

wish I had the time to do that too!
I bought LHR-LAX-KOA-LAX-LHR (business and first) for £2100 and thought that was good (available on virgin/AA/BA and some UA). Then I saw this one.

To be fair, mine is from 19th dec 2017 to 2nd Jan 2018. so a little problem with the peak dates (not much flexibility this time).

But am on the look out for something crazy like this for a trip we plan to take to SYD in 2018. Fingers crossed.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Some people have sufficiently flexible expenses that as long as they turn up for the right meetings in the right places and the total price is less than X, no one cares how they got between them.
Don't know whom you are talking about

Already thinking of another one for my next work trip to US
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:45 pm

Is this still available? Can't find any price at less that $2400
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:25 pm

Stopover in SEA?

Originally Posted by atcanobbio

booked

cai-lhr-sea (s/o) - dfw-hnl-dfw-sea (s/o)-lhr-cai
Hi. can you share if you created this in ita matrix? I am trying to create a stop-over in SEA as well, and cannot do it..
Attached Images  
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
@rajeshh:

Flight 1 should have "ba lhr ba" instead of "ba lhr aa".
With that change I get $1840.

It can be further reduced to $1791 if you choose LAX as connecting airport in flights 2 and 3 instead of DFW.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by aktchi
@rajeshh:

Flight 1 should have "ba lhr ba" instead of "ba lhr aa".
With that change I get $1840.

It can be further reduced to $1791 if you choose LAX as connecting airport in flights 2 and 3 instead of DFW.
Thanks. When I do "ba lhr ba" for both, I still get error "No flights". If I change to "ba lhr aa" and "aa lhr ba" on the outbound/inbound, I get $2500..
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rajeshh
Thanks. When I do "ba lhr ba" for both, I still get error "No flights". If I change to "ba lhr aa" and "aa lhr ba" on the outbound/inbound, I get $2500..
do you have specific reason for specifying aa/ba on Matrix as you do (eg for a GUF)?

Since AA/BA/AY/IB codeshare extensively on TATL, you may be better off leaving the specific airline out, and specifying the alliance oneworld; f bc=i on the advanced routing codes.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by rajeshh
Are you restricting the number of stops, extra stops, etc? Also, explicitly specify USD as currency and a US sales city (like Boston or Chicago).
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aktchi
Are you restricting the number of stops, extra stops, etc? Also, explicitly specify USD as currency and a US sales city (like Boston or Chicago).
ime, permitting ITA to default to Cairo (for this and some other ex-Egypt fares) as the sales city has resulted in some very, very curious outputs. I've had good success when using LHR as the sales city.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I've had good success when using LHR as the sales city.
That definitely made the difference. Thanks again for the help.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any dates to reduce this trip to just a few days and obtain the $1844 rate? My annual leave can't accommodate the dates (4th-19th Apr) as previously mentioned
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
Any dates to reduce this trip to just a few days and obtain the $1844 rate? My annual leave can't accommodate the dates (4th-19th Apr) as previously mentioned
Yes, this fare has no restrictions so play with Matrix, should be available very easily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.