Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] QR: TXL-HKT €350 (full Y fare)

[FARE GONE] QR: TXL-HKT €350 (full Y fare)

Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by Rojo
Sorry, did not clarify... I would assume most FTs buying this fare will do Mileage Runs to keep status. In my case, I am EP (Emerald) on AA and need some EQDs. I will use the Al Safwa First Lounge transitint DOH to shower and relax.
Unfortunately, both QR lounges are excluded from Emerald access per the oneworld rules:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

You'll have access to the much less exciting lounge for status passengers.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jelanizarathustra
Outstanding deal. Buy 8 @ $370 for EXP for $3000 lol. 200,000+ RDM for current EXPs.
What are the dates you're traveling? I might do this too for AA EXP lol
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA plat, BA, B6, DL, UA gold, SPG/Marriott gold
Amazing, thanks! Bought for July to do quick mileage run for AA as I need some EQDs
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:08 pm

What a great post. I almost didn't see those eur150 fares there...not used to looking at the right side of the fare options list.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by SamOF
Unfortunately, both QR lounges are excluded from Emerald access per the oneworld rules:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

You'll have access to the much less exciting lounge for status passengers.
I guess QR likes to show off with their top lounges just for premium customers. I'm used to flying AA and CX to HKG and use The Pier which is my fagorite F lounge of any oneworld carrier.

I just read and the QR First and Business Class lounges offer shower facilities so there is no need to pay for a hotel if you are Sapphire or Emerald
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Sorry, did not clarify... I would assume most FTs buying this fare will do Mileage Runs to keep status. In my case, I am EP (Emerald) on AA and need some EQDs. I will use the Al Safwa First Lounge transitint DOH to shower and relax.
Have fun
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 GOLD, AS MVP GOLD, O6 DIAMOND

the case is that al Safwa donot allowed EMERALD to get in if you flow in Y...

4 lounge is in doh,
QR business & first lounge are together, left side is business, right side is first. They are for status passenger flow with Y
Al Mounjan is only for business or first class passenger.
Al Safwa is only for First class passenger.

Last edited by lxpatrick; Mar 9, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by lxpatrick

4 lounge is in doh,
QR business & first lounge are together, left side is business, right side is first. They are for status passenger flow with Y
flow???

is that some new code I am not familiar with?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by lxpatrick

4 lounge is in doh,
More than enough for me. I will also be doing this to get some well needed EQDs to get me another year of elite with AA, now that the rules have changed in AAdvantage. So as long as QR has a Business Class Lounge with clean showers and hot food (plus the booz), I am in. Also, spending a day at the beach in HKT will be a well deserve perk.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA plat, BA, B6, DL, UA gold, SPG/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by carlitos
More than enough for me. I will also be doing this to get some well needed EQDs to get me another year of elite with AA, now that the rules have changed in AAdvantage. So as long as QR has a Business Class Lounge with clean showers and hot food (plus the booz), I am in. Also, spending a day at the beach in HKT will be a well deserve perk.
Exactly!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA: EXP / AS:MVP75k / Hilton: Gold / Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyer89
What are the dates you're traveling? I might do this too for AA EXP lol
I picked up two. June and July TXP-HKT and then October and November HKT-TXP. I will probably look to stack with some ARN-SFO PE on BA. Works perfectly since I haven't been to Europe this year yet.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
No hotel required. You can take a shower and relax at the Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge.
Wouldn't that just be for Qatar status holders as this is an economy fare ? Do they allow O/W Sapphire & Emerald into All Mourjan ? Thought just QR Biz and QR status.

The other Doha Biz & First lounges are crap. Had a look in them one of the times I flew QR First to see the difference. Very much the poor relatives of the real QR lounges :-(

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Mar 9, 2017 at 4:23 pm
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Wouldn't that just be for Qatar status holders as this is an economy fare ? Do they allow O/W Sapphire & Emerald into All Mourjan ? Thought just QR Biz and QR status.

The other Doha Biz & First lounges are crap. Had a look in them one of the times I flew QR First to see the difference. Very much the poor relatives of the real QR lounges :-(
What's your definition of a crappy lounge? I am used to VIP lounges in the US and to me they have lower standards compared to lounges in other parts of the world. As it was said previously, as long as I get a shower, food and drinks, I am happy.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
It is repricing on the QR website right now!! As we speak.

still available on the OTAs

base fare was €1.-
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Justin Case
It is repricing on the QR website right now!! As we speak.

still available on the OTAs

base fare was €1.-
Gone from OTAs as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.