Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]AMS to Hawaii in Business class - both Skyteam and Star for 1740eur

[PREM FARE GONE]AMS to Hawaii in Business class - both Skyteam and Star for 1740eur

Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:20 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hscottm
just making sure European travelers realize "F domestic" is 2-class domestic First for a US carrier. Depending on the equipment, it could be a minor step up.

For example, UA flies real lie-flat seats on only 2 Hawaiian routes routinely: EWR-HNL and IAD-HNL. Most of the rest of the gateway cities to HNL on UA are recliner seats. And none of these really have great food service despite being long flights. Anyway, definitely check out details like this for other carriers. I think DL only has lie-flat from ATL (no surprise).
Your information isn't quite up to date. SFO/LAX-HNL on the UA 772s have almost completed conversion to lie flat seats. The last one of the Hawaiian configurations is in the process. All 772s will have lie flat seats in F. So choose your flights wisely and you can get lie flat all the way to HNL.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Pat89339
All 772s will have lie flat seats in F. So choose your flights wisely and you can get lie flat all the way to HNL.
Just to add on to this, the Hawaii 772s are 2-4-2 in F. Just something to keep in mind if you have equal choice between the 763/764 and 772.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:49 pm
soy

Programs: various
Your information isn't quite up to date. SFO/LAX-HNL on the UA 772s have almost completed conversion to lie flat seats. The last one of the Hawaiian configurations is in the process. All 772s will have lie flat seats in F. So choose your flights wisely and you can get lie flat all the way to HNL.
Was unaware of this - good to know ^

I would add that DL have lie flats ex MSP and JFK also (at least seasonally)
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: United Gold
all - happy to be corrected on lie flat. Main point still: be careful which US cities you connect through for long flights. check something like google flights to see lie flat status, although as noted, some changes still in the works.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
When I follow the link from Google to United website, the price remains the same and it shows as a P fare but seats me in Y! It even says "Coach (P)" on the flight details...
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Im seeing plenty of availability from AMS to LAX for around $1660 round-trip. Star Alliance and SkyTeam including KLM nonstop
Apologies if this is a little OT. But what's the general view of LH and AF business as compared to BA CW. Specifically I care much more about the seat than food or service.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by dougzz
Apologies if this is a little OT. But what's the general view of LH and AF business as compared to BA CW. Specifically I care much more about the seat than food or service.
AF is great if you get the new product (77W) - flat bed, easy to sleep, all aisle access. Worlds better than any CW product. I also greatly prefer KL biz to CW.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
this would be awesome with oneworld since try have a bonus mileage promotion right now for premium cabin TATL. Does anyone know if the other alliances have any decent promos that could make this a decent mileage run?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your information isn't quite up to date. SFO/LAX-HNL on the UA 772s have almost completed conversion to lie flat seats. The last one of the Hawaiian configurations is in the process.
Also IAH-HNL runs lie-flat equipment.

Originally Posted by UpperDeck87K
When I follow the link from Google to United website, the price remains the same and it shows as a P fare but seats me in Y! It even says "Coach (P)" on the flight details...
Was able to do a sample itinerary ex-AMS on United.com directly and get all seat assignments in Polaris & lie-flat domestic F, pricing out at $ 1912 ai.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: UA MP - 1K
Fare dead?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:01 am

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 05FEB 17.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.