Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ethiopian OSL-JNB £559

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ethiopian OSL-JNB £559

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:15 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Does anyone know if a quick turnaround at CPT is possible? I am scheduled to fly back on the same plane which leaves approx 1 hour after arrival in CPT. Obviously I won't have checked luggage, but do I have to clear customs & immigration, or can I just go back up to the departure area? Have never been to CPT before.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Interesting read of the ET BKK YYZ fare that is being unilaterally cancelled. Curious comparison with this fare, where nothing of the sort has occurred.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
Interesting read of the ET BKK YYZ fare that is being unilaterally cancelled. Curious comparison with this fare, where nothing of the sort has occurred.

Kinda seems like everything ex-OSL over the years has been honored (BA, *A, ET etc). Probably because it's not that many tickets sold (awkward positioning), or because of some customer rights thing, but that's really just guessing.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:55 pm

Any further reports on flyers taking trip? I booked this fare for later this year but haven't bought positioning flights or hotels yet.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by bruno-s
Any further reports on flyers taking trip? I booked this fare for later this year but haven't bought positioning flights or hotels yet.
Yes, several reports on norwegian forums of pax completing their trips.
No issues (except for cockroaches in the cabin ).
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:38 pm

I returned yesterday, everything was fine.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by sexten
Yes, several reports on norwegian forums of pax completing their trips.
No issues (except for cockroaches in the cabin ).
cockroaches? So United has scorpions and Ethiopia has cockroaches, is there some animal zoo sponsored by *A?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by 31570324
I returned yesterday, everything was fine.
Thanks. Guess is time for me to start looking and positioning flights and hotels.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:20 pm
KRS

I have done one of these to Cape Town, and know several others who have flown on this deal. Actually I have heard of no-one with any issues, so I am confident for my next trip.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum
No issues whatsoever during easter. OSL-ARN-ADD was filled to the brim, with at least three individuals (myself included) flying on this deal.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Good to hear! I shall start planning for my trip in November then
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Henrik C
No issues whatsoever during easter. OSL-ARN-ADD was filled to the brim, with at least three individuals (myself included) flying on this deal.
Are you posting the miles to A3? I can't remember what the fare code is, but are you getting the miles to post ok?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Are you posting the miles to A3? I can't remember what the fare code is, but are you getting the miles to post ok?
Fare code is C, should be 200% miles flown on A3.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Has anyone been successful at getting off at ARN when returning from SA? (I mean to do ADD-ARN rather than ADD-ARN-OSL)

Do you get miles/points for OSL-ARN-ADD - or just OSL-ADD?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum
Mine posted quickly and in full, without any interaction from me.

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Has anyone been successful at getting off at ARN when returning from SA? (I mean to do ADD-ARN rather than ADD-ARN-OSL)

Do you get miles/points for OSL-ARN-ADD - or just OSL-ADD?
You'll get miles for OSL-ADD. A3 credited it as 5,032 miles, YMMV based on program specific rules for mileage calculation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.