Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by JetAway
How often do they run these sales?
QR does sales quite often but not from every country. Last year, IIRC, they did a worldwide sale in January and another one at the end of August/early September
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Actually you are incorrect and the CSR is correct. Check the Qatar website under Customer Service Commitment. For flights departing the US you can hold a reservation without paying for 24 hours, once it is paid for and ticketed it is subject to all fare rules. So, if you book and pay immediately you are subject to the fare rules. For flights to the US the 24 hour refund period applies. Kirker is departing the US so once the tickets are issued the penalties apply.
US law requires either a 24hrs fee free refund period OR A hold good for 24 hours in which the pricing can't be changed. This also only applies to bookings more then 7 days in advance.

The fact most airlines use the 24hr fee free refund is what confuses people when an airline uses the other option. Also note it's a free refund, nothing says they have to allow a change for free. Although most will go ahead and allow it without making you go through paying again and waiting for a refund.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RoastedDuck190
Nope that was in total. The QR sale is over now though I believe, so you can likely not replicate that at this point (unless they run another sale).

The dates were in Dec
Also sale was only though Dec 15.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Also sale was only though Dec 15.
No, this sale ended on the 18th January on midnight local time I think. They extended it from the 16th to 18th.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RoastedDuck190
No, this sale ended on the 18th January on midnight local time I think. They extended it from the 16th to 18th.
I was meaning dates of travel. I may have misread, but I thought person was trying to book travel for December.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I was meaning dates of travel. I may have misread, but I thought person was trying to book travel for December.
Ah, maybe. Yea that would be the last date that was bookable then yea :-).

Regardless, hopefully they'll be back with another sale later this year.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
As I only signed up yesterday sorry if this wasn't spotted!

I managed to book the lady and I on Qatar PSA-DOH-DXB return for less than HEL in April, 2 night turnaround for 733gbp each. That's Business R first leg and then regional First A to second on the A319 and 787 which should be nice looking forward to Al Safwa.

Any tips on good places to stay in Pisa?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Has anyone tried to make a change to their ticket? Do one only need to find R availability and pay the change fee, or would the price be updated according to the current price for this booking class?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Phileas
Has anyone tried to make a change to their ticket? Do one only need to find R availability and pay the change fee, or would the price be updated according to the current price for this booking class?
If you have not started travel, then the entire ticket will be re-priced. If you have started travel and want to change the return, then you will pay the change penalty ($300, I think) and find space in R class.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
About a year ago today, hoping for another Travel Festival.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
About a year ago today, hoping for another Travel Festival.
I’m ready 😎

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.