Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : KUL-BKK $88 RT

Old Jan 1, 17, 4:22 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- just 1,500 miles RT

- books into P as usual (miles only on Shebamiles)

- works until May

Thanks Vielfliegertreff
Old Jan 1, 17, 8:44 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
What dates and which site?

Didn't find those rates in my quick search.
Old Jan 2, 17, 12:16 am

appeared in momondo and ethiopian website.
Old Jan 2, 17, 12:27 am

Doesn't work in the reverse - BKK-KUL-BKK

You can't find it on Google Fights.

Nice fare but limited dates.
Old Jan 2, 17, 3:52 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
Originally Posted by KenGreen888 View Post
Doesn't work in the reverse - BKK-KUL-BKK

You can't find it on Google Fights.

Nice fare but limited dates.
Some very handy info in that post
Old Jan 2, 17, 4:10 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
Be careful - it is a P-class fare and P-class earns nothing in many *A FF programs.

V FARE BASIS BK FARE CX SEASONS AP MINMAX
1 PPRMY P R 43.00 ET --- -/‡ 4/ 1M
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-KUL TO-BKK CXR-ET TVL-01MAY17 RULE-MY01 IPRPG/8
FARE BASIS-PPRMY SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
INR 645 3000 E29DEC16 D-INFINITY FC-PPRMY FN-7
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 28DEC16/0636 EXPIRES INFINITY
Old Jan 2, 17, 10:43 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold & ST Elite Plus.
It seems to be gone
Old Feb 27, 17, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K, Avianca, Etihad
I just took the flight from KUL-BKK on this fare and can say that it was indeed honoured (kind off!). Upon check in at KUL, the agent told me that there was an error on my ticket and that I would need to see the supervisor. The supervisor informed me that it was an error but the airline will honour the ticket but will not grant Business Class lounge access at KUL.

So - all-in-all - it turned out ok. Ethiopian Airlines has a pretty good hard product and the cabin crew were exceptionally nice. It may have had something to do with the fact that there was only myself and one other in the 24 seat business class cabin.

Incredible Value!
Old Feb 27, 17, 2:20 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by davistev View Post
I just took the flight from KUL-BKK on this fare and can say that it was indeed honoured (kind off!). Upon check in at KUL, the agent told me that there was an error on my ticket and that I would need to see the supervisor. The supervisor informed me that it was an error but the airline will honour the ticket but will not grant Business Class lounge access at KUL.

So - all-in-all - it turned out ok. Ethiopian Airlines has a pretty good hard product and the cabin crew were exceptionally nice. It may have had something to do with the fact that there was only myself and one other in the 24 seat business class cabin.

Incredible Value!
That's pretty stingy of ET - how much would it have cost them for the lounge access if they are going to already honor the fare and looking at the load - it's a wonder no one really buys Biz for the normal fares they charges.
I wanted to try this segment (incld EgyptAir and RJ), but strangely they never offered any interesting 5th freedom fare like what LH used to offered.

Cheers!
Old Feb 27, 17, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
I wanted to try this segment (incld EgyptAir and RJ), but strangely they never offered any interesting 5th freedom fare like what LH used to offered.
Is RJ back on this route? IIRC, it was 2 years ago that they were expanding service BKK and KUL both got their own flights with BKK continuing to HKG or CAN depending on day of week and KUL going on to CGK.
Old Feb 27, 17, 4:06 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
That's pretty stingy of ET - how much would it have cost them for the lounge access if they are going to already honor the fare and looking at the load
They probably use a contract lounge there, so after taxes and fees it would have taken a major part of what money came to them.
Old Feb 27, 17, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K, Avianca, Etihad
Originally Posted by EmailKid View Post
They probably use a contract lounge there, so after taxes and fees it would have taken a major part of what money came to them.
That was my guess as well. I had lounge access without the need for Ethiopian Boarding Pass (Priority Pass).
Old Feb 27, 17, 11:41 pm

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
I've never heard of anyone flying Ethiopian air.. any comments on the product?? davistev?
Old Feb 27, 17, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by ttep View Post
I've never heard of anyone flying Ethiopian air.. any comments on the product?? davistev?
other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/

@:-)
Old Feb 28, 17, 5:29 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor G | Marriott P | SPG P| Hilton S
Originally Posted by davistev View Post

Incredible Value!
You are lucky. I flew with ET on KUL-BKK-KUL. The return flight was delayed 8 hours due to late departure.

When I reached airport I was told yo pay up my ticket as they did now manage to collect money from my cc and they only accept cash.

Only if I paid up, they will transferred me to TG. I ended up buying TG one way ticket back to KUL as I did not have enough THB to pay them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: