FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] Ethiopian : KUL-BKK $88 RT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1812173-fare-gone-ethiopian-kul-bkk-88-rt.html)

MightyTravels Jan 1, 2017 3:22 pm

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : KUL-BKK $88 RT

https://photos.smugmug.com/Fare-Deal....55%20PM-M.jpg

- just 1,500 miles RT

- books into P as usual (miles only on Shebamiles)

- works until May

Thanks Vielfliegertreff

oh_lol Jan 1, 2017 7:44 pm

What dates and which site?

Didn't find those rates in my quick search.

blueferrari Jan 1, 2017 11:16 pm

appeared in momondo and ethiopian website.

KenGreen888 Jan 1, 2017 11:27 pm

Doesn't work in the reverse - BKK-KUL-BKK

You can't find it on Google Fights.

Nice fare but limited dates.

pointy Jan 2, 2017 2:52 am

Originally Posted by KenGreen888 (Post 27690968)
Doesn't work in the reverse - BKK-KUL-BKK

You can't find it on Google Fights.

Nice fare but limited dates.

Some very handy info in that post

TPJ Jan 2, 2017 3:10 am

Be careful - it is a P-class fare and P-class earns nothing in many *A FF programs.

V FARE BASIS BK FARE CX SEASONS AP MINMAX
1 PPRMY P R 43.00 ET --- -/‡ 4/ 1M
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-KUL TO-BKK CXR-ET TVL-01MAY17 RULE-MY01 IPRPG/8
FARE BASIS-PPRMY SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
INR 645 3000 E29DEC16 D-INFINITY FC-PPRMY FN-7
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 28DEC16/0636 EXPIRES INFINITY

Travel-Quinten Jan 2, 2017 9:43 am

It seems to be gone :(

davistev Feb 27, 2017 1:11 pm

I just took the flight from KUL-BKK on this fare and can say that it was indeed honoured (kind off!). Upon check in at KUL, the agent told me that there was an error on my ticket and that I would need to see the supervisor. The supervisor informed me that it was an error but the airline will honour the ticket but will not grant Business Class lounge access at KUL.

So - all-in-all - it turned out ok. Ethiopian Airlines has a pretty good hard product and the cabin crew were exceptionally nice. It may have had something to do with the fact that there was only myself and one other in the 24 seat business class cabin.

Incredible Value!

nldogbert Feb 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by davistev (Post 27966073)
I just took the flight from KUL-BKK on this fare and can say that it was indeed honoured (kind off!). Upon check in at KUL, the agent told me that there was an error on my ticket and that I would need to see the supervisor. The supervisor informed me that it was an error but the airline will honour the ticket but will not grant Business Class lounge access at KUL.

So - all-in-all - it turned out ok. Ethiopian Airlines has a pretty good hard product and the cabin crew were exceptionally nice. It may have had something to do with the fact that there was only myself and one other in the 24 seat business class cabin.

Incredible Value!

That's pretty stingy of ET - how much would it have cost them for the lounge access if they are going to already honor the fare and looking at the load - it's a wonder no one really buys Biz for the normal fares they charges.
I wanted to try this segment (incld EgyptAir and RJ), but strangely they never offered any interesting 5th freedom fare like what LH used to offered.

Cheers!

YVR Cockroach Feb 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 27966115)
I wanted to try this segment (incld EgyptAir and RJ), but strangely they never offered any interesting 5th freedom fare like what LH used to offered.

Is RJ back on this route? IIRC, it was 2 years ago that they were expanding service BKK and KUL both got their own flights with BKK continuing to HKG or CAN depending on day of week and KUL going on to CGK.

EmailKid Feb 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 27966115)
That's pretty stingy of ET - how much would it have cost them for the lounge access if they are going to already honor the fare and looking at the load

They probably use a contract lounge there, so after taxes and fees it would have taken a major part of what money came to them.

davistev Feb 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 27966586)
They probably use a contract lounge there, so after taxes and fees it would have taken a major part of what money came to them.

That was my guess as well. I had lounge access without the need for Ethiopian Boarding Pass (Priority Pass).

ttep Feb 27, 2017 10:41 pm

I've never heard of anyone flying Ethiopian air.. any comments on the product?? davistev?

EmailKid Feb 27, 2017 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by ttep (Post 27967954)
I've never heard of anyone flying Ethiopian air.. any comments on the product?? davistev?

other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/

@:-)

lingua101 Feb 28, 2017 4:29 am

Originally Posted by davistev (Post 27966073)

Incredible Value!

You are lucky. I flew with ET on KUL-BKK-KUL. The return flight was delayed 8 hours due to late departure.

When I reached airport I was told yo pay up my ticket as they did now manage to collect money from my cc and they only accept cash.

Only if I paid up, they will transferred me to TG. I ended up buying TG one way ticket back to KUL as I did not have enough THB to pay them.