Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
With 1.5 hours at CDG, what's the likelihood of missing AF flight to NCL? Missing this flight means you won't get to NCL next day until 10:30 next morning, how far is the walk between Terminal 2A(WY) and 2E(AF[CityJet])?

update: problem solved with the following, managed to get CDG stopover, however the 1 way fare goes up to $499, still not bad

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sear...ww.expedia.com

Make sure you have 3 multi-city booking segments, even if you don't plan to do stopover at MCT

Last edited by vincewy; Jan 10, 2017 at 8:33 pm
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
This is an amazing price. Last i remember in this category was when the previous administration tried to put a push on manila clark airport.. had qatar business return to europe for USD1000.

This may be a basic question and prove my junior status in FT, but why doesn't the price stay the same if i take off newcastle and just go to CDG? is this one of those fuel dumping bargains?

Would you be penalised and miss your return trip if you just didn't attend the CDG-NCL leg of your flight??

Thx in advance

Last edited by ttep; Jan 10, 2017 at 8:06 pm Reason: + question
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by ttep
Would you be penalised and miss your return trip if you just didn't attend the CDG-NCL leg of your flight??

Thx in advance
if you no show for the CDG-NCL leg then your return ticket will be cancelled.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
This may be a basic question and prove my junior status in FT, but why doesn't the price stay the same if i take off newcastle and just go to CDG? is this one of those fuel dumping bargains?
If you look at all the asia to europe fares that WY files, you wont find another base fare at this price point. Indded if you look at them all carefully you can see a pattern most of the fares other then those to NCL that would suggest the nice fare we are looking ar may not have been intentional ;-)

But then again, WY let us fly SIN-MCT-KUL with a stopover in MCT, for the price of a short hop SIN-KUL fare. That persisted for quite some time and WY never fixed it, they just changed flights around.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
If you look at all the asia to europe fares that WY files, you wont find another base fare at this price point. Indded if you look at them all carefully you can see a pattern most of the fares other then those to NCL that would suggest the nice fare we are looking ar may not have been intentional ;-)

But then again, WY let us fly SIN-MCT-KUL with a stopover in MCT, for the price of a short hop SIN-KUL fare. That persisted for quite some time and WY never fixed it, they just changed flights around.

Gotcha - thank you for explaining that! I have been on expedia the last 20 minutes trying to shift the final destination to anywhere but NCL... unsuccessfully.

Can't be all bad i suppose.. those guys on geordie shore look like they're having a good time.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:45 pm

The great mystery of the airline ticketing pricing system.

I'm currently on a cheap Airasia flight from KUL to HKT so I can fly from KUL to SYD on MH in J for less than a 3rd of what the same flight would have cost me flying direct from KUL.
Go figure???
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Base fares (excluding taxes and fees) for roundtrip:
MNL-MAD $1839
MNL-ROM $1645
MNL-CDG $1869
MNL-LHR $1725
MNL-FRA $1725
etc...

MNL-NCL $868

spot anything?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Croupier
The great mystery of the airline ticketing pricing system.

I'm currently on a cheap Airasia flight from KUL to HKT so I can fly from KUL to SYD on MH in J for less than a 3rd of what the same flight would have cost me flying direct from KUL.
Go figure???
Nice, well gamed.
Did that just pop up on expedia for you when you didn't apply a 'direct only' filter?

I need to get across how this works. Australian national living in Manila i'm reliant on overpriced, under-serviced qantas or pretty poor local carriers. If i knew i could jet across to KUL, HKT or SIN to get a cheaper J flight back home i'd be all over it!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:35 pm

spot anything?
Wow, you must be genius, nobody else though of that.

Last edited by mlqsko; Jan 10, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:35 pm

Base fares (excluding taxes and fees) for roundtrip:
MNL-MAD $1839
MNL-ROM $1645
MNL-CDG $1869
MNL-LHR $1725
MNL-FRA $1725
etc...

MNL-NCL $868

spot anything?
Wow
hey Stephem how did you get that list? i'm on oman's site but the list isn't filtered and prices are all-in?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:50 pm

I am really surprised this thing is still on, pulled the triggered and booked 1 way MNL-NCL with CDG stopover for $499 USD. I am supposed to renew my TK E+ but at this price point plus the miles I can get for Sindbad it's too hard to resist and pass up. Should I keep it? Well, I have 24 hours to decide.

At least they didn't pull stunt like AZ by changing your ticket to short hop.

Gotcha - thank you for explaining that! I have been on expedia the last 20 minutes trying to shift the final destination to anywhere but NCL... unsuccessfully.

Can't be all bad i suppose.. those guys on geordie shore look like they're having a good time.
I am pretty contend being able to book MNL-NCL with CDG stopover. If you really want to try WY product (I love both the airlines and the country) this is no better time to do so. In fact I even recommend MCT stopover if you have time.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
I am pretty contend being able to book MNL-NCL with CDG stopover. If you really want to try WY product (I love both the airlines and the country) this is no better time to do so. In fact I even recommend MCT stopover if you have time.
Nice - might check it out in june/july. Great rates for EU summer.

Do you happen to know how i'd check if the bags are checked all the way through (even though its a plane change at CDG onto an air france flight)?

Would it be possible to buy a 1 way ticket (price is ~470) and just exiting CDG instead of connecting?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:15 am

Nice - might check it out in june/july. Great rates for EU summer.

Do you happen to know how i'd check if the bags are checked all the way through (even though its a plane change at CDG onto an air france flight)?

Would it be possible to buy a 1 way ticket (price is ~470) and just exiting CDG instead of connecting?
If you book stopover at CDG (over 24 hours) then your bags will be checked only through CDG. What to do next is up to you.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
If you book stopover at CDG (over 24 hours) then your bags will be checked only through CDG. What to do next is up to you.
Obvious enough! Thanks

Anyone else having issues with trying to get a 1 way return for the same price?

Expedia search is coming up with 1k + for the return leg?

Happy to make my way to newcastle on the way back.. should it be ~$500 though?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Really tempted to jump in in on this one. Can anyone suggest a good beach resort to visit in Philippines? Read reviews on Boracay and it seems that it's full of drunk backpackers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.