Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]VX/AS PDX - SFO/LAX - IAD,BOS,JFK $128 RT 2cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PDXPremier
Routes / Airports / Dates

1/10 - 1/12 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
1/17 - 1/19 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-PDX (PDXsb)
1/23 - 1/25 PDX-SFO-(BOS-LAX-(JFK-SFO-PDX)) (Kuchingite)
1/23 - 1/24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/23 - 1-24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO (Viajero Millero)
1/24 - 1/25 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
1/24 - 1/26 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/26 - 1/28 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/30 - 1/31 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (uaflr)
1/31 - 2/02 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (blodders)

2/03 - 2/04 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX-LAX (hiima)
2/03 - 2/05 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (John DELTA)
2/04 - 2/05 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
2/10 - 2/11 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (lax.sea.jnu)
2/10 - 2/11 PDX-SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX (Single_Flyer)
2/10 - 2/11 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-PDX (PDXsb)
2/10 - 2/12 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (zebes)
2/11 - 2/12 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (lax.sea.jnu)
2/21 - 2/23 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Coffee84, hypertext)
2/21 - 2/24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (jmmlaguna)
2/21 - 2/22 Pdx-Sfo-Fll-Lax-Jfk-Sfo-Pdx (nawlins)
2/22 - 2/23 PDX-SFO-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (knnryerye)
2/26 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
2/28 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Quinlanty, John DELTA)

3/01 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (jinglish)
3/03 - 3/05 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
3/04 - 3/05 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Single_Flyer)
3/04 - 3/05 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
3/06 - 3/08 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
3/07 - 3/09 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (pilluelo)
3/07 - 3/08 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (hypertext)
3/10 - 3/11 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (hiima)
3/13 - 3/15 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
3/14 - 3/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (solewalker, hypertext, wilma)
3/14 - 3/15 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (socalgecko)
3/15 - 3/16 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (solewalker)
3/31 - 4/02 PDX-SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (flyupfrnt)

4/04 - 4/05 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
4/18 - 4/20 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (hypertext)
4/21 - 4/22 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (hiima)

5/02 - 5/04 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
5/04 - 5/05 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX (Windward Side of Life)

6/02 - 6/03 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)

9/08 - 9/09 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
9/12 - 9/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (wheresdg)
9/30 - 10/01 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-SEA (charliew24)

10/02 - 10/04 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (rustykettel)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX(Gumbocook)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (socalgecko)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
10/03 - 10/04 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
10/06 - 10/08 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (flyupfrnt)
10/09 - 10/11 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-IAD-SFO-LAX-PDX (rustykettel)
10/11 - 10/11 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (FijiBill)
10/12 - 10/14 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (hiima)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (charliew24)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Pdxpremier)
10/14 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (maskedmesothorium)
10/17 - 10/19 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (Coffee84)
10/17 - 10/20 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing, wheresdg, Quinlanty)
10/20 - 10/22 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Single_Flyer)
10/22 - 10/22 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (FijiBill)

11/14 - 11/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (wheresdg, wilma)
11/29 - 11/30 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]VX/AS PDX - SFO/LAX - IAD,BOS,JFK $128 RT 2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CDKing
International premium cabin is my goal. I found a US to SYD in R on HU for ~$3k not too long ago. It would have earned ~47K EQM, hopefully I can do one like that before R gets reclassified to business class on the chart (currently earns Full F 200%). A is another fare class that is actually economy but earns discounted F at a lower 125%

I finished my what was to be an 18 segment run yesterday. I had to skip the last 2 legs due to illness. I caught a bad cold earlier in the run which was painful but not enough to make me stop. immune system was so far down I developed cellulitis just above my ankle which made it painful to walk and i need to keep elevated. I spent 3 hours at the Urgent Care by LAX on Thursday and 4 hours at one as soon as I arrived back home in BOS.

So this is how I ended my MR on IV Antibiotics w/ hydration.
Yikes! Hope you're feeling a lot better soon.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I just completed my 3rd run this morning. I had to drop my last 2 legs. Not only did I have a bad cold for half the trip, Yesterday I spent a few hours at the Urgent care at LAX because somehow during the run i got cellulitis in the calf and can barely walk. I have a doctors note just in case and issues getting credit for the flown portion.

I lucked out on my final leg LAX-JFK and cleared standby for earlier flight and then cleared the MCS upgrade. The main reason to switch was it was W7 and my flight was completely full and i ended up with empty middle with the last non-middle going to a non-rev.
Yikes, hope you feel better! It's nice to know there is an Urgent Care at LAX if I ever need it So how did you get home to BOS from JFK after dropping the last two legs....you technically also dropped PDX-BOS, correct?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Update. Made it to

BE​​​ WARNED: no access to the AirFrance lounge in Terminal 1. The only lounge accessible is Wingtip at T4.
Yep, I found out that on my run too...what a waste of time taking the train to Terminal 1 and sooooooo wanting to use the shower at the AF lounge.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yikes, hope you feel better! It's nice to know there is an Urgent Care at LAX if I ever need it So how did you get home to BOS from JFK after dropping the last two legs....you technically also dropped PDX-BOS, correct?
It's between LAX and In-N-Out on S Sepulveda (Reliant immediate Care). Near the Lot C parking lot. I grabbed the burger first I believe they mostly treat airport employee injuries but is open to the public.

I dropped JFK-SFO-PDX and grabbed a bus back home from Manhattan to BOS. PDX-BOS was just an award ticket so cancelled for refund. Glad I didn't buy the cheap AA flight I had been looking at.

Last edited by CDKing; Oct 21, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's between LAX and In-N-Out on S Sepulveda (Reliant immediate Care). Near the Lot C parking lot. I grabbed the burger first I believe they mostly treat airport employee injuries but is open to the public.

I dropped JFK-SFO-PDX and grabbed a bus back home from Manhattan to BOS. PDX-BOS was just an award ticket so cancelled for refund. Glad I didn't buy the cheap AA flight I had been looking at.
Glad you got taken care of...burger first then medical care....awesome, although I may have done burger, Randy's donuts, and then medical care

Were you on any of my flights last weekend??
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
So this is how I ended my MR on IV Antibiotics w/ hydration.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. I hope you're doing better now!

After I did my two trips I was daydreaming about how I should have booked a few more for 75K, socking away another chunk of RDM for usage next year, or getting a lot closer to million AS miles. I'm glad I quit when I did!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Glad you got taken care of...burger first then medical care....awesome, although I may have done burger, Randy's donuts, and then medical care

Were you on any of my flights last weekend??
I debated going to get care for many hours. I know this will sound bad but it my be how a Mileage runners brain works. I thought it could be DVT and was worried id have to end my run 2500 miles from home so didn't want to go.

I really wish I stuck with my initial plan to go to an urgent care in Santa Monica that had a pharmacy on site. I got done early enough i could still run to the beach and pick up an RX. Well I failed to realize how far it was from the beach and had too run to make sunset and go back to pharmacy to pick it up. It made me late I was worried about making it back to the airport. In hindsight I should have just waited until i got home to go to urgent care.

I'm not sure if we were on any of the same flights over the weekend:

My flight list (last one changed to 9:25PM flight):
Attached Images  
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:09 pm

Finished my weekend mileage run last night.

(SEA-PDX) PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (PDX-SEA)

Was upgraded to MCS on all flight except the last one (SFO-PDX). Made good use of the free food. TIP: Make sure to order as soon as you hit 10,000 feet -- otherwise the good meals sell out.

Row 3 is far superior to Row 10 in my opinion. Row 10 is HOT.

I was offered F Upgrade for three of the flights (PDX-SFO for $70, SFO-JFK for $240, SFO-PDX for $99). I did purchase the upgrade for SFO-PDX since I wasn't upgraded to MCS using my Travel Bank funds from a previous mileage run mishap It really wasn't worth the $99 upgrade fee; the only food offered was the Dean and DeLuca basket. No catering.

I tweeted a bunch with #VXMileageRun if you want to check it out
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond
I have a mileage run this Wednesday and I went on the virgin site to check my flight. I go to "manage" and type in my confirmation number. I get a WHOA message saying that something is wrong. This has happened before but jeeezzzz??!! Any need to worry? Would they really change my flight two days prior??
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by bosca418
I have a mileage run this Wednesday and I went on the virgin site to check my flight. I go to "manage" and type in my confirmation number. I get a WHOA message saying that something is wrong. This has happened before but jeeezzzz??!! Any need to worry? Would they really change my flight two days prior??
Hah! I had this same thing two days before my own. You could call VX and confirm it's all ok, like I did. It was normal the next day for me and I was able to check-in online as well.

Last edited by rustykettel; Oct 23, 2017 at 9:27 pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bosca418
My reservation did the same thing a couple days before my MR...it's likely a bug in the system...check again tomorrow and it should be fine. Don't get too attached to your seat assignments though....they disappear easily and plan on spending a significant amount of time trying to get decent seats again...ugh, what a hassle, so glad it's over to be honest (and I love flying and mileage runs in-general).
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I debated going to get care for many hours. I know this will sound bad but it my be how a Mileage runners brain works. I thought it could be DVT and was worried id have to end my run 2500 miles from home so didn't want to go.

I really wish I stuck with my initial plan to go to an urgent care in Santa Monica that had a pharmacy on site. I got done early enough i could still run to the beach and pick up an RX. Well I failed to realize how far it was from the beach and had too run to make sunset and go back to pharmacy to pick it up. It made me late I was worried about making it back to the airport. In hindsight I should have just waited until i got home to go to urgent care.

I'm not sure if we were on any of the same flights over the weekend:

My flight list (last one changed to 9:25PM flight):
We were on the same PDX-SFO flight on the 13th and then joined back up with you on LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX....I think I had originally booked the same routing as yours with the long layover in LAX but changed to FLL to avoid the double red-eyes....the break at LAX would have been nice, but the quick trip to Hollywood Beach via Uber was fun too
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UA Gold
I was on the return with you Sunday. Flights were smooth, crew was great, no issues there.

BUT! When I checked in for the flights, I found out I no longer had my row 9 seat assignments. In fact, I didn't have any seat assignments at all and the only seats left were middles in the back. Even better, check in offered me MCS upgrades for $199 each on the transcon legs. So I'm obviously not on the MCS list

Irked, I called into Virgin. The agent said he couldn't see my Alaska elite status based on my FF# in their system (I guess why I was booted?) and put me on hold to call Alaska to verify I was MVP. When he came back on he gave me MCS then and there (it was within 12 hours, so maybe I should have had this anyway). Kudos to the agent for saving me from 12 hours in a middle seat!

I haven't had the flights from last week post yet, maybe more IT issues with my AS FF#. I'll probably be scanning boarding passes.

I have more Virgin flights coming up. I'm debating whether it is better to ask for elite seats and then risk getting kicked at the last minute to a middle in the back, or just take a regular window/aisle and hope for the MCS IT gnomes to smile.

I really wish Alaska had just matched MVPs to Elevate...

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Finished my weekend mileage run last night.

(SEA-PDX) PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (PDX-SEA)

Was upgraded to MCS on all flight except the last one (SFO-PDX). Made good use of the free food. TIP: Make sure to order as soon as you hit 10,000 feet -- otherwise the good meals sell out.

Row 3 is far superior to Row 10 in my opinion. Row 10 is HOT.

I was offered F Upgrade for three of the flights (PDX-SFO for $70, SFO-JFK for $240, SFO-PDX for $99). I did purchase the upgrade for SFO-PDX since I wasn't upgraded to MCS using my Travel Bank funds from a previous mileage run mishap It really wasn't worth the $99 upgrade fee; the only food offered was the Dean and DeLuca basket. No catering.

I tweeted a bunch with #VXMileageRun if you want to check it out
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
How long does it take to credit VX flights to AS account?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
How long does it take to credit VX flights to AS account?
4-6 weeks now, apparently. See VX posting time to mileage plan?

Still waiting myself for flights back to 10/2. Emailed last week and no response to that either so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.