Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]VX/AS PDX - SFO/LAX - IAD,BOS,JFK $128 RT 2cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PDXPremier
Routes / Airports / Dates

1/10 - 1/12 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
1/17 - 1/19 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-PDX (PDXsb)
1/23 - 1/25 PDX-SFO-(BOS-LAX-(JFK-SFO-PDX)) (Kuchingite)
1/23 - 1/24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/23 - 1-24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO (Viajero Millero)
1/24 - 1/25 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
1/24 - 1/26 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/26 - 1/28 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Quinlanty)
1/30 - 1/31 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (uaflr)
1/31 - 2/02 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (blodders)

2/03 - 2/04 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX-LAX (hiima)
2/03 - 2/05 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (John DELTA)
2/04 - 2/05 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
2/10 - 2/11 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (lax.sea.jnu)
2/10 - 2/11 PDX-SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX (Single_Flyer)
2/10 - 2/11 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-PDX (PDXsb)
2/10 - 2/12 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (zebes)
2/11 - 2/12 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (lax.sea.jnu)
2/21 - 2/23 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (Coffee84, hypertext)
2/21 - 2/24 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (jmmlaguna)
2/21 - 2/22 Pdx-Sfo-Fll-Lax-Jfk-Sfo-Pdx (nawlins)
2/22 - 2/23 PDX-SFO-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (knnryerye)
2/26 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
2/28 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Quinlanty, John DELTA)

3/01 - 3/02 PDX-SFO-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (jinglish)
3/03 - 3/05 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
3/04 - 3/05 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Single_Flyer)
3/04 - 3/05 PDX-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (PDXsb)
3/06 - 3/08 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
3/07 - 3/09 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (pilluelo)
3/07 - 3/08 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (hypertext)
3/10 - 3/11 LAX-JFK-LAS-SFO-PDX (hiima)
3/13 - 3/15 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
3/14 - 3/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (solewalker, hypertext, wilma)
3/14 - 3/15 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (socalgecko)
3/15 - 3/16 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (solewalker)
3/31 - 4/02 PDX-SFO-FLL-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (flyupfrnt)

4/04 - 4/05 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
4/18 - 4/20 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (hypertext)
4/21 - 4/22 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (hiima)

5/02 - 5/04 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
5/04 - 5/05 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX (Windward Side of Life)

6/02 - 6/03 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)

9/08 - 9/09 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
9/12 - 9/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (wheresdg)
9/30 - 10/01 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-SEA (charliew24)

10/02 - 10/04 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (rustykettel)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX(Gumbocook)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (socalgecko)
10/03 - 10/04 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX (jmmlaguna)
10/03 - 10/04 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAS-LAX (haddon90)
10/06 - 10/08 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (flyupfrnt)
10/09 - 10/11 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-IAD-SFO-LAX-PDX (rustykettel)
10/11 - 10/11 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (FijiBill)
10/12 - 10/14 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX (hiima)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-BOS-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (charliew24)
10/13 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Pdxpremier)
10/14 - 10/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (maskedmesothorium)
10/17 - 10/19 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX (Coffee84)
10/17 - 10/20 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (CDKing, wheresdg, Quinlanty)
10/20 - 10/22 PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (Single_Flyer)
10/22 - 10/22 LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (FijiBill)

11/14 - 11/15 PDX-SFO-FLL-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX (wheresdg, wilma)
11/29 - 11/30 LAX-IAD-SFO-PDX (Gumbocook)
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]VX/AS PDX - SFO/LAX - IAD,BOS,JFK $128 RT 2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by keitherson
I am pretty freaking tired of these schedule changes leading to an hour on the phone with customer service each time, while agents freak out and get somebody from "corporate" to re-book and re-issue.

Elevate Gold is pretty much useless as well, it's all the same call centre agents.
I'm seriously going to wait a couple of weeks before calling in again about the latest schedule change. That will put me just over a month out... I can't imagine there are too many schedule changes within a month of flying.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: UA1K
doing my run on tuesday. glad i can hit up the amex lounges in SFO and LAS.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by haddon90
doing my run on tuesday. glad i can hit up the amex lounges in SFO and LAS.
If you have the time. LAS is only a fuel stop and unload, load. SFO is in another terminal.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:37 pm

Doesn't AS fly into the international terminal @ SFO?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Sc4Freak
Doesn't AS fly into the international terminal @ SFO?
AS does, VX doesn't.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
At PDX preparing to embark on the first of these trips. I must say. The Virgin terminal seems a bit more laid back (read: slower paced and quiet) than even the Alaska terminal. If that's even possible. Also, Every single interaction I have had with the VX call center has left me saying to myself "seriously? Are they that untrained? How can they run an airline like this?" Maybe It's just that the Alaska phone folks are that good. At any rate the flights should be fun and I know the inflight experience is unique so looking forward to all that.

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Mar 31, 2017 at 7:33 pm
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
At PDX preparing to embark on the first of these trips. I must say. The Virgin terminal seems a bit more laid back (read: slower paced and quiet) than even the Alaska terminal. If that's even possible. Also, Every single interaction I have had with the VX call center has left me saying to myself "seriously? Are they that untrained? How can they run an airline like this?" Maybe It's just that the Alaska phone folks are that good. At any rate the flights should be fun and I know the inflight experience is unique so looking forward to all that.
Good luck with your run, it will be grueling. I am happy to be sitting in cozumel...
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
On 4th segment now (JFK-LAX) it's been pretty easy so far. The safety video is catchy. They have been allowing 75K's to board with Elevate elite just after they call First class. I like that they don't board "those needing extra time and those with kids and those with goats and those with whatever else" first like Alaska does. The inflight experience is fine. I like the IFE and think live TV is an UG over AS Beyond. I don't find the staff to be nearly as professional as AS.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
On 4th segment now (JFK-LAX) it's been pretty easy so far. The safety video is catchy. They have been allowing 75K's to board with Elevate elite just after they call First class. I like that they don't board "those needing extra time and those with kids and those with goats and those with whatever else" first like Alaska does. The inflight experience is fine. I like the IFE and think live TV is an UG over AS Beyond. I don't find the staff to be nearly as professional as AS.
Friends don't let friends call the VX call center....yeah, it's bad.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Friends don't let friends call the VX call center....yeah, it's bad.
Taking a clue from previous posts I have been DM'ing them via Twitter and they seem moderately more capable and efficient.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:23 pm

Encountered some difficult Staff at the Inter terminal shuttle from Virgin to Alaska at LAX during my Layover. Lacking an AS Bording Pass they refused to grant me access and transfer. I explained I was headed to Spend my time in the Alaska Lounge to no avail.

Instead I walked to In n out first and ate, watched and photographed some great final approaches. Hit the Lounge on my return.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Encountered some difficult Staff at the Inter terminal shuttle from Virgin to Alaska at LAX during my Layover. Lacking an AS Bording Pass they refused to grant me access and transfer. I explained I was headed to Spend my time in the Alaska Lounge to no avail.

Instead I walked to In n out first and ate, watched and photographed some great final approaches. Hit the Lounge on my return.
That shuttle is pretty useless as it only runs every 30 min. so if you miss it, you could easily walk to the terminal and go through security before the next shuttle leaves.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
That shuttle is pretty useless as it only runs every 30 min. so if you miss it, you could easily walk to the terminal and go through security before the next shuttle leaves.
Fair enough
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K
I've completed 3 of these so far. I am so sick of the safety videos!

Things I've learned:
Nice to board with FC as a Gold 75K. FYI - Some GA's check your card with a bit of attitude.

I can't believe how fast they turn planes around! In PDX, they deplane, fuel, and board within 40 minutes! Someone on here wondered about connecting within 40 minutes of departure in PDX, turns out that you'll be getting on the same plane you just got off of.

Bring your AC adapter for phone charging. I found that none of their USB ports worked, but the power supply did for adapters.

Half the flights the in seat entertainment system doesn't work. Bring along a book, ipad, laptop or something else to keep you occupied. I personally sleep through 3.5/4 segments.

I've been using the Air Canada lounge at LAX with long layovers. Food options at LAX and SFO are great.

I have 2 more runs left. One over 2 days and another 4 transcons back to back. I may book an escape strategy with Alaska in case I regret my choices.

Edit: Also wanted to add that mileage usually posts within 7 days. I always print paper boarding passes with my MP number in case anything fishy happens.

Last edited by clarrkkent; Apr 11, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clarrkkent
I've completed 3 of these so far. I am so sick of the safety videos!

Things I've learned:
Nice to board with FC as a Gold 75K. FYI - Some GA's check your card with a bit of attitude.

I can't believe how fast they turn planes around! In PDX, they deplane, fuel, and board within 40 minutes! Someone on here wondered about connecting within 40 minutes of departure in PDX, turns out that you'll be getting on the same plane you just got off of.

Bring your AC adapter for phone charging. I found that none of their USB ports worked, but the power supply did for adapters.

Half the flights the in seat entertainment system doesn't work. Bring along a book, ipad, laptop or something else to keep you occupied. I personally sleep through 3.5/4 segments.

I've been using the Air Canada lounge at LAX with long layovers. Food options at LAX and SFO are great.

I have 2 more runs left. One over 2 days and another 4 transcons back to back. I may book an escape strategy with Alaska in case I regret my choices.
Thanks for the report....I visited the AC lounge at LAX the other day....food wasn't as good as I would have hoped, but still a nice lounge....hopefully I'll have time to use the shower there between my FLL-LAX flight and the LAX-JFK red-eye. I can't afford an "escape strategy" because I've already budgeted this into my mileage run strategy for the year and I think I need most of the miles I've booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.