Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]CX [Prem Economy]: SFO/LAX/JFK - PEK/BKK/etc. $1335-$1618 (5.2 - 5.9 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]CX [Prem Economy]: SFO/LAX/JFK - PEK/BKK/etc. $1335-$1618 (5.2 - 5.9 cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jktraveler
Someone mentioned that to earn EQDs based on distance flown and fare class, ticket must be purchased directly from partner airline.... Is this true? What if I purchase CX ticket on Expedia - no EQDs?
no, flew CX purchased through consolidator, and got miles and EQD on AA.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
no, flew CX purchased through consolidator, and got miles and EQD on AA.
Well, then something like this might work out pretty well (applies to one RT in either R, E or W class)

MAD-HKG-AKL for ~$1,500

BASE MILES: ~24,500
EQM: ~36,750
EQD: ~$5,000
AWARD MILES: 24,500 - 54,000 (depending on elite status)

EXP with all requirements met after 3 such trips for ~$4,500 in CX Premium Economy. Not too bad, I gotta say. Might give this a try...

Of course, this requires positioning flights to Europe, but there are lots of cheap fares.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC, IC Plat, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by klrsmith
I just flew a CX P/E flight JFK->HKG->BKK and back last week - I got op-ups on 3 of the 4 segments - only flew P/E on the HKG->BKK flight. I'm an AA EXP.
Surprisingly I've had pretty good luck as well recently.

I'm 2/2 on LAX/HKG routes, only have missed my ORD-HKG flight this year, EXP as well.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:14 pm

Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Elchupanebre4
Surprisingly I've had pretty good luck as well recently.

I'm 2/2 on LAX/HKG routes, only have missed my ORD-HKG flight this year, EXP as well.
Wanted to mention that as well - got a notification that my HKG - BKK segments (both ways) were upgraded. EXP
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: AS, Hyatt
Originally Posted by klrsmith
I just flew a CX P/E flight JFK->HKG->BKK and back last week - I got op-ups on 3 of the 4 segments - only flew P/E on the HKG->BKK flight. I'm an AA EXP.
I got the op-up to J in November JFK-HKG even as an AA Platinum/OneWorld Sapphire. Great surprise; I actually enjoyed it more than my experience in F on the return flight.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by bobovespa
I got the op-up to J in November JFK-HKG even as an AA Platinum/OneWorld Sapphire. Great surprise; I actually enjoyed it more than my experience in F on the return flight.
I wonder what are the reasons for those upgrades? Obviuosly they are quite common... Just a better treatment of OW elites? I assume those flying in Y+ are more likely to be upgraded.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
I wonder what are the reasons for those upgrades? Obviuosly they are quite common... Just a better treatment of OW elites? I assume those flying in Y+ are more likely to be upgraded.
They are OP-UPs - meaning that they are oversold in Y and/or Y+, so they move people to J to accommodate more pax. I got one from Y+ to J on the EWR - HKG flight a year + ago when I was only AA gold / oneworld Ruby
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:50 am

for any left coast flyers, yvr-hkg non-stop is down to $1434 USD r/t

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...sc=p;a=CX;eo=e
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
for any left coast flyers, yvr-hkg non-stop is down to $1434 USD r/t

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...sc=p;a=CX;eo=e
Cool, thanks! YVR-MEL is US$1700 r/t.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA 1K
To the lucky ones who got Y+ -> J: did you purchase W fares (flex)?

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
They are OP-UPs - meaning that they are oversold in Y and/or Y+, so they move people to J to accommodate more pax. I got one from Y+ to J on the EWR - HKG flight a year + ago when I was only AA gold / oneworld Ruby
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:41 pm

Someone mentioned that to earn EQDs based on distance flown and fare class, ticket must be purchased directly from partner airline.... Is this true? What if I purchase CX ticket on Expedia - no EQDs?
Anyone manage to get multiple routings for distance for around 1800 with a 1 day turn on the weekend? I got a LAX-HKG-SIN, but i t wasn't a big difference in miles.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by evotion
Anyone manage to get multiple routings for distance for around 1800 with a 1 day turn on the weekend? I got a LAX-HKG-SIN, but i t wasn't a big difference in miles.
I haven't seen any great Y+ deals with CX lately (and I've been looking). However I did find a fairly good deal on AA (6hr turn in SIN). It works for a number of routes, but I believe the following should both work:

SFO-JFK-NRT-SIN/SIN-NRT-JFK-SFO
ORD-NRT-SIN/SIN-NRT-ORD

The NRT-SIN leg is on JL and the rest is on AA metal. Roughly $1k rt in Y. Y+/J fares on the same itinerary are nothing special. No minimum stay either.

Its not great if you're looking for EQDs, but it will give a ton of EQMs.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by swingaling
I haven't seen any great Y+ deals with CX lately (and I've been looking). However I did find a fairly good deal on AA (6hr turn in SIN). It works for a number of routes, but I believe the following should both work:

SFO-JFK-NRT-SIN/SIN-NRT-JFK-SFO
ORD-NRT-SIN/SIN-NRT-ORD

The NRT-SIN leg is on JL and the rest is on AA metal. Roughly $1k rt in Y. Y+/J fares on the same itinerary are nothing special. No minimum stay either.

Its not great if you're looking for EQDs, but it will give a ton of EQMs.
Where did you find that? Can't seem to make it work on GF
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by evotion
Where did you find that? Can't seem to make it work on GF
Found it on GF. Works for tons of dates. Here's an example: https://goo.gl/flights/rzeD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.