Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

RTW and back? Ex-EU with stopovers in NYC and LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:40 am
Original Poster

I fly out of Bucharest and have to visit NYC and Los Angeles about four times a year. So I was thinking, what if I could get a series of nested tickets EU-NYC-LAX-Asia-EU and then the return would be EU-Asia-LAX-NYC-EU? I could use the outbounds for one trip to NYC & LAX, and the returns for the next. That would be RTW westbound, and then RTW eastbound. (Vice-versa would work as well.)

Any suggestions on how to piece this together? The problem seems to be the flights leaving the US. I tend to fly Biz, and the ex-US flights are very pricey compared to the rest of the world.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:39 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Mine required 3 tickets, but could be done with fewer. I did this a few years ago: BA business PVG-LHR-MXP RT. Nested an MXP-NYC-YYZ coach ticket on AA and UPG'd with SWU's. Then nested a YYZ-LAX-PVG coach on AA with a stopover in LAX, UPG'd with SWUs. Total was under $3900 for the 2x RTW. Of course, back then the ex-YYZ were better and could stopover both ways for a nominal upcharge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.