Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
For those holding non 055 stock; don't refund keep asking for a solution. It will be honored. Details by PM.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:55 am
Suspended

Almost a month and still no refund on my credit card. Getting pretty frustrated...
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Almost a month and still no refund on my credit card. Getting pretty frustrated...
Same here. Yesterday I called Lloyds and initiated a charge back on both tickets I bought.
Just one thing I don't get it: when you call Expedia or Ebookers, they tell you the refund would be done by the Airlines instead of them and there's "nothing" they can do. Problem is that on my credit card statement, I was charged by Expedia/Ebookers and not by Alitalia. How does that even work?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by xhemp
Same here. Yesterday I called Lloyds and initiated a charge back on both tickets I bought.
Just one thing I don't get it: when you call Expedia or Ebookers, they tell you the refund would be done by the Airlines instead of them and there's "nothing" they can do. Problem is that on my credit card statement, I was charged by Expedia/Ebookers and not by Alitalia. How does that even work?
Must be one of those countries Expedia bills you directly then bills the airline. They're probably waiting for the airline to refund them before issuing you with a refund? Either way, you can try calling them back and say that they are the merchant who charged you, ask them to deal with it and see what they say

Originally Posted by christravelblog
For those holding non 055 stock; don't refund keep asking for a solution. It will be honored. Details by PM.
Same here. Have news that non-055 are getting honored.

Last edited by dfs24; Jan 9, 2017 at 6:07 pm Reason: added details
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
We have one non-055 itinerary that's still very much alive, COW8C fare with no AZ metal, purchased directly from the issuing carrier's website. We need to change the date of the last two segments, and are deliberating how to accomplish this --- i.e. wait until enroute and deal with the non-SkyTeam operating carrier of the last two segments in question, or contact the issuing carrier before starting the trip (especially if they intend to not honor the tickets at all, much less permit a date change). Advise (hopefully without snark) would be appreciated!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:28 pm

1. Changing date before departure will cause the fare to re-price. So you're looking at easily a few more thousand dollars per passenger.

2. Changing the date en-route. You will need the ticket issuing carrier involved here, and they may get nasty especially if the last 2 flights do not involve the issuing carrier.

My suggestion is not to be greedy and work with the dates already booked. Or just refund and call it a day. Otherwise you should be mentally prepared to have your itinerary chopped. If you don't have a back up plan to get yourself back home if the airline chops your last 2 sectors, then don't do it.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dfs24
.....My suggestion is not to be greedy and work with the dates already booked. Or just refund and call it a day......
I concur!^:-:

My number 1 principle of error fares: do not let any human look at your ticket until you complete your flights.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
We have one non-055 itinerary that's still very much alive, COW8C fare with no AZ metal, purchased directly from the issuing carrier's website. We need to change the date of the last two segments, and are deliberating how to accomplish this --- i.e. wait until enroute and deal with the non-SkyTeam operating carrier of the last two segments in question, or contact the issuing carrier before starting the trip (especially if they intend to not honor the tickets at all, much less permit a date change). Advise (hopefully without snark) would be appreciated!
Oh I forgot to add. Seems some carriers are offering a refund + travel vouchers. So the refund proposition can be quite attractive. Of course unless proactively offered, I wouldn't go knocking on their doors asking for a refund and vouchers.

Now for those of you who already have your first sector modified by AZ, and still see your inbound sector confirmed, this is what will happen when you go to check in for the inbound sector.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-class-review/

Read the portion on what happened to this fella at check in. This is a case of confirmed reservation but invalid e-ticket.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Looks like ticket stock did end up mattering after all. That's going to be interesting moving forward for future mistake fares.

I am assuming DL/AF/KL/AA were willing to take the hit for a few of these reservations, if the other carriers involved are asking for payment under proper fare pricing.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by keitherson
Looks like ticket stock did end up mattering after all. That's going to be interesting moving forward for future mistake fares.
Excuse my ignorance on this, but how did some manage to get their tickets issues on non-055 stock?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by a9504477
Excuse my ignorance on this, but how did some manage to get their tickets issues on non-055 stock?
Booking directly on other airlines' websites was one way.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Booking directly on other airlines' websites was one way.
And the other...? (i actually tried this but it didn't come up with the itineraries i was after so had to go through OTAs)
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:42 pm

Sometimes buying tickets from countries where the airline does not fly to. E.g Expedia Thailand. airline in this case is the airline with the ticket stock you want to avoid. No guarantees.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by xhemp
How hard was it to initiate a chargeback with lloyds? I also used a lloyds card.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum
Has anyone been able to get Alitalia to refund losses due to currency exchange rates? Ticket booked through eBookers, refund directly from Alitalia (plus booking fee from eBookers). I tried calling Alitalia to refund my losses due to exchange rates, but they wouldn't budge. Any point in trying to solve this with eBookers?

Not losing sleep over this, it's 25 GBP - but still a minor annoyance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.