Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: OZ *G, AB Sapphire
You guess pax that already departed is 'safe' ?

Was considering the following: My Asia itin is still intact (I think I know why) and have a departure in less than 2 weeks from now. Since it's a flex ticket in theory, I should be able to move the first flight forward with a couple of days (through OTA), hoping that I will have used part of my ticket by the time AZ starts to 'optimize' it in their second/third/fourth iteration. I know that rebookings trigger repricing, but since the fare has been pulled completely I was hoping to get away with that.

Two choices:
a - move it forward, hoping to be 'safer', but also risk to raise awareness on something that has remained untouched so far
b - have a beer, but risk that Rome grows a pair over time and takes on my itin

Any votes? (if you go for b, please also state what kind of beer)
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Just asking.

Months ago TK sold MXP-GRU tickets (also available for trip during the Carnival... But I recall same price also for flight during the football World Cup and the Olympic games) @180€

The sell was lasting weeks before ended and no tickets were cancelled.

We all know normal trip price is far higher (especially during these events).
I thought TK just wanted to "steal" passengers from the other European carriers.

Looking at the financial issues AZ is facing I could have thought they wanted to raise money before year end, just to have better accounting books. 😉

And effectively they did it.... But in worst way (for us passengers) 😝
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by BigWilly
Change before the first flights is 99% chance of reprice.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by BigWilly
You guess pax that already departed is 'safe' ?

Was considering the following: My Asia itin is still intact (I think I know why) and have a departure in less than 2 weeks from now. Since it's a flex ticket in theory, I should be able to move the first flight forward with a couple of days (through OTA), hoping that I will have used part of my ticket by the time AZ starts to 'optimize' it in their second/third/fourth iteration. I know that rebookings trigger repricing, but since the fare has been pulled completely I was hoping to get away with that.

Two choices:
a - move it forward, hoping to be 'safer', but also risk to raise awareness on something that has remained untouched so far
b - have a beer, but risk that Rome grows a pair over time and takes on my itin

Pretty sure it's flex as in refundable and after first leg is flown, but I don't believe you can change the first leg.
Personally I'd go for Rochefort Trappistes 10 ^
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:32 am

FLR-CDG-LAX in May cancelled, but the return on AA (in Sept) still valid. Booked through travel up. AZ PNR no longer valid.
FLR-AUH-SGN-SYD-HKG-DUS in April/May (AZ, EY, CX) still valid but PNR changed on AZ site. Booked through opodo
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by henkybaby
First of 3 flights 'changed' by Expedia. They cancelled the FCO-ICN segment and replaced it with FCO-DUS the same day, but all other segments (on CX) are still confirmed for 2 days later. AZ also sent me a new e-ticket for FLR-FCO-DUS. Anyway, not going to fight it and will call Expedia tomorrow to cancel the entire trip.
Our change came through earlier. DUS-LHR-JFK-FCO-FLR became DUS-FCO-FLR with the second leg in Y.

Called ebookers to cancel and basically got asked to wait for 5-7 days (!) as they were 'negotiating' with the airline. Will call again tomorrow.

Was fun while it lasted, and the thread has certainly been entertaining!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
On the phone with Expedia. AZ is preventing OTAs from cancelling the bookings and processing the refunds. They have taken full control of all bookings and the refund process will be handled by AZ and not by the OTA. You will have to contact AZ directly to 'discuss the solution'.

This seems to be true for bookings that have not been 'enhanced' as well.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
On the phone with Expedia. AZ is preventing OTAs from cancelling the bookings and processing the refunds. They have taken full control of all bookings and the refund process will be handled by AZ and not by the OTA. You will have to contact AZ directly to 'discuss the solution'.

Hmm... then how would we get the OTA booking fee refunded? Did they offer to do that at least?

Thanks so much for the info!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:49 am

So they are doing difficult about the refunds?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daruda
So they are doing difficult about the refunds?
Still on hold. Waiting to see if I can get my bookings that have not been changed cancelled. AZ basically wants to 'speak to the pax directly to discuss the solution'....
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:52 am

If on the Saudi website is says an itinerary is under
'airport control' at the coupon status location, anyone know what that means? My second itinerary dus-iah-flr is showing that for the air france segments on the return in march. My Lufthansa dus-iah is still showing open for use.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:56 am

Airport control is fine no worries
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:59 am

Still on hold. Waiting to see if I can get my bookings that have not been changed cancelled. AZ basically wants to 'speak to the pax directly to discuss the solution'....
Let them start with an email to the passengers how to reach them.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
henkybaby's uppost prompted me to call expedia uk and cancel dec/jan flight (was holding on for more news). 2 minute conversation: 'you've been authorised for a refund', 'please set that up' 'no problem sir, money comes from airline so will take 2-12 weeks'. And the refund includes the booking fee. I guess policies differ between different countries. Kudos to expedia uk - I have been very impressed with my contact with them in last 48 hours. Now i have plenty of time to wait re my may and august itineraries, but unfortunately with another agent.

Last edited by carbonaddict; Dec 15, 2016 at 12:16 pm
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daruda
Let them start with an email to the passengers how to reach them.
That I got. The bookings that AZ hasn't touched yet can be cancelled free of charge it seems. Normally you would wait and take the risk, but in this case I decided that a quick refund would be better.... Not done yet though. Still waiting for that.

The booking that has already been changed by AZ they can't touch anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.