Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
What if your ticket is A-B / C-D?

I always expected them to cancel, but it's not a A-D itinerary, for sure. I'm curious how they will proceed.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
had a itin with EY in it, replaced it with another destination, and all AF metal...

perhaps my saving grace? Nothing strange yet on it.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
had a itin with EY in it, replaced it with another destination, and all AF metal...

Please explain what "replaced it with another destination, and all AF metal" means.

Both AF-only and EY-only (in addition to AZ) tickets are already being cancelled- and in case you missed it, Alitalia has stated to an equivalent Italian blog that they are changing all tickets to FLR-FCO-DUS tickets.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dc9northwest
What if your ticket is A-B / C-D?

I always expected them to cancel, but it's not a A-D itinerary, for sure. I'm curious how they will proceed.
You will get A to D, where A is either FLR or DUS, and D being the other of the pair
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
As suggested to someone else, you should definitely proceed with a class action, what AZ did is entirely outrageous

G
That could be difficult, since I haven't even bought a ticket. However, I just think it might be the case where airline decided to limit its losses by deliberately breaking the law, and paying the fines or whatever in very limited number of cases where it will get sued, instead of honoring thousands of very expensive tickets for a very low price.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by poohfighter
My flr-tko-dus route on Alitalia and Cathay pacific just got cancelled. I was set to depart on dec 27th. Am I entitled to compensation via eu regulations? This is definitely less than 2 weeks out. I already have positioning flights purchased. :-(
That was a bit silly, to be honest.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps

They haven't done all the reroutes yet.

Unless your trip is this side of Christmas just wait and see what happens rather than trying to find spurious reasons why you think they will miss your one - I wouldn't hold out much hope of being lucky though.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG
Have a look to my report for a detailed visit
flight-report.com/fr/report/20319/Air-France-AF1727-Venezia-VCE-Paris-CDG
All is in French but, as far as I understood, you're perfectly fluent

Very nice place and food offering is great !
The lounge was refurbished just recently, probably before the arrival of the big M.E. friend in VCE

Don't know about MXP but LIN really needs something to be done...
Thank you for sharing!

G
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:41 am

If they just cancel it, I'll be happy enough.

If they try to rebook me to FLR-DUS, I'll just let my CC deal with it.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
You will get A to D, where A is either FLR or DUS, and D being the other of the pair
Whilst that is true and some of us understand this was a one way fare between FLR and DUS, when booking on expedia you searched for a return fare from FLR to HKG and then HKG to DUS. Therefore, there is an argument that you can reroute between FLR to HKG and HKG to DUS, but removing HKG altogether is beyond what the ticket was for.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can request a full refund from your agent, though, as per AZ's statements.

Your CC would surely require you to at least do this simple step first before getting involved.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
Whilst that is true and some of us understand this was a one way fare between FLR and DUS, when booking on expedia you searched for a return fare from FLR to HKG and then HKG to DUS. Therefore, there is an argument that you can reroute between FLR to HKG and HKG to DUS, but removing HKG altogether is beyond what the ticket was for.
And perhaps that argument will be advanced in front of a judge, somewhere, by someone - even someone reading this thread.

But you know, and I know, that everyone on all of these tickets, regardless of routing [except those good souls who happened to book FLR-FCO-DUS while all of this was going on!], regardless of carriers involved, will almost definitely now end up with a FLR-DUS ticket - in many cases, a very, very expensive ticket

And for those who miraculously don't - they could have a very interesting experience when they go to the airport to catch their flight.

Just waiting for the post-cancel Flight Reports to hit the stands...

[of course, those jammy b*****s that managed to get tickets replated onto non-055 stock - or the few who had their tickets originally issued on non-055 stock - may very well get away with this with no hitches. Fair play to yez! Wish I could count myself in their exalted company]
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

I searched for FLR-HKG and another Asian city to DUS.

Clearly not intended to be a one way.

I am not worried, I know I'll get my money back.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
If they just cancel it, I'll be happy enough.

Better save and print your itinerary right now so you can dispute the charges after the change.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You can request a full refund from your agent, though, as per AZ's statements.

Your CC would surely require you to at least do this simple step first before getting involved.
My experience with agents (from OTAs or airline peeps) is that they don't understand even simple requests

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.